2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:57:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169251 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2400 on: September 22, 2022, 10:46:54 AM »

20% undecided? Margin aside, trash it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2401 on: September 22, 2022, 11:53:18 AM »

Good news: the 538 general ballot is now D+2.0, the highest since last November.

Bad news: the last time Democrat’s had this “big” of a lead, they lost VA and almost NJ
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2402 on: September 22, 2022, 12:00:30 PM »

Good news: the 538 general ballot is now D+2.0, the highest since last November.

Bad news: the last time Democrat’s had this “big” of a lead, they lost VA and almost NJ

They added that absurd D+12 poll from Premise (whoever they are).  This has also pushed R's down to 69% for House control in the Deluxe model.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2403 on: September 22, 2022, 12:22:34 PM »

I feel like the VA and NJ races FWIW were very outside of what was going on nationally and very specific races. VA had a ton of local headwinds while Murphy also had to contend with NJ not usually being willing to re-elect a sitting Dem gov.

I think to the PA result where the Supreme Court race was R+1, which lined up perfectly with a national GCB of D+2, compared to 2020 (Biden wins by 1 with +4 nationally)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2404 on: September 22, 2022, 12:30:26 PM »

I feel like the VA and NJ races FWIW were very outside of what was going on nationally and very specific races. VA had a ton of local headwinds while Murphy also had to contend with NJ not usually being willing to re-elect a sitting Dem gov.

I think to the PA result where the Supreme Court race was R+1, which lined up perfectly with a national GCB of D+2, compared to 2020 (Biden wins by 1 with +4 nationally)

Of course, the environment has changed.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2405 on: September 22, 2022, 02:20:36 PM »

Cygnal (R) has GCB tied, 47-47

same as their last poll in August

https://www.cygn.al/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/September-Cygnal-National-Deck.pdf
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2406 on: September 22, 2022, 04:00:48 PM »

The only thing surprising here is that anyone might think Trump is ever out to help anyone but himself.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2407 on: September 22, 2022, 05:51:29 PM »

Slide 13: "Trump image is now positive; fostered by double-digit positive swings among college-educated and upper-income voters".  They have Trump at 48.8% favorable, 48.7% unfavorable.  I'm just a wee bit inclined to doubt this. Wink
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2408 on: September 22, 2022, 06:47:24 PM »

Slide 13: "Trump image is now positive; fostered by double-digit positive swings among college-educated and upper-income voters".  They have Trump at 48.8% favorable, 48.7% unfavorable.  I'm just a wee bit inclined to doubt this. Wink

That's good news for Dems then, right? Tied in a clear R NUT push poll?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2409 on: September 22, 2022, 06:47:51 PM »

That's good news for Dems then, right? Tied in a clear R NUT push poll?

It's certainly not bad news
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2410 on: September 22, 2022, 06:58:49 PM »

We are all set Early voting is set to begin next week NV Laxalt leading by 3 is no big deal it's MOE we must realize this but why is he leading because of the border is open, but we must stay optimistic until every vote is casted until 11/08 it's still 45 days till EDay
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2411 on: September 22, 2022, 08:26:21 PM »

Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2412 on: September 22, 2022, 09:39:10 PM »

The GOP actually rigged the nomination for Youngkin by having a convention and NJ's county line basically rigged it for Ciatterelli. Both were very strong candidates.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2413 on: September 22, 2022, 09:42:47 PM »

The GOP actually rigged the nomination for Youngkin by having a convention and NJ's county line basically rigged it for Ciatterelli. Both were very strong candidates.

Just curious how exactly would the County lines rig it for Ciatterelli?

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2414 on: September 22, 2022, 09:46:15 PM »

It's also worth noting that universal swing isn't real. Even people expect neutral national environments have many Biden + 5-10 seats rated as tossups while a few Trump seats are also tossups.

Given the specific dynamics in VA and NJ, they likely voted slightly to the right of what you'd expect given the true "National Environment". I also feel like that Pennsyalvania SC Court race isn't really fair to use because of how much less partisan that sort of election is and the lower turnout. Also somebody above said that race was R+1 which isn't true, it was R+5 which while isn't as brutal of a shift for Dems, still isn't great.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2415 on: September 22, 2022, 09:51:20 PM »

The county parties can endorse candidates who then get favorable positioning on the ballot. A candidate who has "the line" will have a huge advantage in that particular county's primary but it's not an absolute guarantee of victory.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2416 on: September 22, 2022, 09:54:34 PM »

The county parties can endorse candidates who then get favorable positioning on the ballot. A candidate who has "the line" will have a huge advantage in that particular county's primary but it's not an absolute guarantee of victory.

That's an interesting system and I'm suprised i didn't know about that given how much time I spend in NJ.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2417 on: September 22, 2022, 10:00:46 PM »

That's an interesting system and I'm suprised i didn't know about that given how much time I spend in NJ.

I actually like it. New Jersey is probably tied with Utah for having the least MAGA-fied state GOP and I think the county line is a big part of why that is.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2418 on: September 22, 2022, 10:06:35 PM »

I actually like it. New Jersey is probably tied with Utah for having the least MAGA-fied state GOP and I think the county line is a big part of why that is.

To NJ Rs credit, they’ve been able to hold down a lot of pretty blue seats even during the Trump era you may not normally expect.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #2419 on: September 23, 2022, 06:45:51 AM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2420 on: September 23, 2022, 08:10:21 AM »

😂 I mean, if that graph doesn’t scream disarray, I don’t know what does.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2421 on: September 23, 2022, 08:14:58 AM »

It's also worth noting that universal swing isn't real. Even people expect neutral national environments have many Biden + 5-10 seats rated as tossups while a few Trump seats are also tossups.

Given the specific dynamics in VA and NJ, they likely voted slightly to the right of what you'd expect given the true "National Environment". I also feel like that Pennsyalvania SC Court race isn't really fair to use because of how much less partisan that sort of election is and the lower turnout. Also somebody above said that race was R+1 which isn't true, it was R+5 which while isn't as brutal of a shift for Dems, still isn't great.

The Supreme Court elections are just as partisan. People knew McLaughlin was the D and Brobson was the R, and the ads reflected that.

There was also nearly 2.8M turnout which I wouldn't call "low turnout"

Also, yes it was R+1. It was Brobson 50.45, McLaughlin 49.55.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2422 on: September 23, 2022, 08:23:08 AM »

The Supreme Court elections are just as partisan. People knew McLaughlin was the D and Brobson was the R, and the ads reflected that.

You’re on the ground so I trust you on stuff like ads, but ballotpedia says it was R + 5. I tried looking for a site that said otherwise but couldn’t find anythibg
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2423 on: September 23, 2022, 08:36:59 AM »

You’re on the ground so I trust you on stuff like ads, but ballotpedia says it was R + 5. I tried looking for a site that said otherwise but couldn’t find anythibg

LMK if this works - https://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/General/SummaryResults?ElectionID=84&ElectionType=G&IsActive=0

That's the most up to date, the DOS website. I think ballotpedia and places like NYT also just stopped counting after that night (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/11/02/us/elections/results-pennsylvania.html)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2424 on: September 23, 2022, 10:05:31 AM »

Rasmussen GCB R+2, 44-42. It was R+1 last week, 43-42

https://t.co/qKl4PHUAz5
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies