2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:31:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169752 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1975 on: August 21, 2022, 09:23:09 AM »

The NBC news poll out today has R+2 when it was previously tied back in May. That would seem to be evidence that the Dobbs boost for Democrats was only temporary. How sickening this country is.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1976 on: August 21, 2022, 09:41:30 AM »

The NBC news poll out today has R+2 when it was previously tied back in May. That would seem to be evidence that the Dobbs boost for Democrats was only temporary. How sickening this country is.

It's one data point out of hundreds. So is the Marquette poll with Barnes up 7 and the Fetterman +15 junk.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1977 on: August 21, 2022, 09:43:47 AM »

It's one data point out of hundreds. So is the Marquette poll with Barnes up 7 and the Fetterman +15 junk.

Doomers live in a world where it is always Monday, raining, and the car has a flat tire.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1978 on: August 21, 2022, 09:55:15 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2022, 09:58:55 AM by MillennialModerate »

Doomers live in a world where it is always Monday, raining, and the car has a flat tire.

“Doomers” were ones to call BS on Dems winning FLA and NC. “Doomers” thought Biden winning Texas was laughable. “Doomers” laughed their ass off at polls saying Biden +17 in Wisconsin.

Other than my stubborn stance on Georgia…. “Doomers” on here are right.

GOP +2 is a GOP House of 240 seats and a likely takeover of the Senate.

TIED is a GOP House if 230 seats and a Tilt GOP takeover of Senate
Dem +2 is a GOP House of 220-225 seats and a Dem 50/50 Senate or Tilt D 51/49
Dem +3.5 is a tossup House with approx 220-216 seats and Dems gain in Senate
Dem +4 is a Dem house of 225 seats and a Dem 52-48 Senate.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1979 on: August 21, 2022, 09:55:55 AM »

The ignore button is your friend.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1980 on: August 21, 2022, 09:56:30 AM »

Only 26 % say that the Inflation Reduction Act will actually curb Inflation while a Combined 71 % say Inflation will either stay the same or get worse.

This is devastating for Biden!

I would say this: Things have stabilized for Republicans especially on the House Front. The Senate is likely gone for Republicans.

Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #1981 on: August 21, 2022, 09:59:10 AM »

How long will the Dobb effect last?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1982 on: August 21, 2022, 09:59:52 AM »

The ignore button is your friend.

I did have him on ignore for quite a while, but when I became a moderator I cleared my ignore list so I wouldn't miss any misbehavior on my boards.  But your suggestion is a very good one for most users.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1983 on: August 21, 2022, 10:01:03 AM »

“Doomers” were ones to call BS on Dems winning FLA and NC. “Doomers” thought Biden winning Texas was laughable. “Doomers” laughed their ass off at polls saying Biden +17 in Wisconsin.

Dem +3.5 is a tossup House with approximate 220-216 seats and a Dem gain in the Senate

Nonsense, I am going to call the Senate right now for Democrats and I say this as a staunch Republican America First Supporter. Oz is going to lose and Ron Johnson is in a very precarious Position as well. If those two Seats don't turn around soon Democrats will likely maintain control of the Senate.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1984 on: August 21, 2022, 10:01:40 AM »

Only 26 % say that the Inflation Reduction Act will actually curb Inflation while a Combined 71 % say Inflation will either stay the same or get worse.

This is devastating for Biden!

I would say this: Things have stabilized for Republicans especially on the House Front. The Senate is likely gone for Republicans.

This is why less climate and more child care or child tax credit or health care initiatives wouldve helped big time. The climate crisis is important but it’s not a winner with the voters - no one on the left seems to get that.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1985 on: August 21, 2022, 10:04:12 AM »

Dem +3.5 is a tossup House with approximate 220-216 seats and a Dem gain in the Senate

Nonsense, I am going to call the Senate right now for Democrats and I say this as a staunch Republican America First Supporter. Oz is going to lose and Ron Johnson is in a very precarious Position as well. If those two Seats don't turn around soon Democrats will likely maintain control of the Senate.

I can see your point on Pennsylvania. However Wisconsin is laughable - that’s the worst pooled state in the nation. Polls are always way way way off. Johnson wins that seat
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1986 on: August 21, 2022, 10:04:46 AM »

The Inflation Reduction Act also has like a 42/31 approval in that same NBC poll, so... certainly being very selective with that.

I should've expected SnowLabrador to make a new thread about the Dobbs bounce after *one* poll.

If anything, the NBC poll is certainly in the MoE, but having the GCB be worse for Dems *right now* than it was in May is certainly a bit of an outlier.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1987 on: August 21, 2022, 10:10:38 AM »

I can see your point on Pennsylvania. However Wisconsin is laughable - that’s the worst pooled state in the nation. Polls are always way way way off. Johnson wins that seat
We'll see on Wisconsin. Senator Johnson has very high Negatives.

Who would have thought Adam Laxalt having a better chance of winning compared to Blake Masters or Herschel Walker. Certainly not me but that's where we are at the moment.

The Economy in NV is still very bad and Governor Sisolaks draconian COVID-19 Mandates did not help either.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1988 on: August 21, 2022, 10:13:01 AM »

The Inflation Reduction Act also has like a 42/31 approval in that same NBC poll, so... certainly being very selective with that.

I should've expected SnowLabrador to make a new thread about the Dobbs bounce after *one* poll.

If anything, the NBC poll is certainly in the MoE, but having the GCB be worse for Dems *right now* than it was in May is certainly a bit of an outlier.

It's not out of realm of possibility the GOP picks up the House but it's a meager 10 seat gain and something like this.

https://www.270towin.com/2022-house-election/jMGD6l5

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1989 on: August 21, 2022, 10:16:23 AM »

The NBC poll also has the Republican Party at a better net favorability rating as well which is something that has not been borne out in pretty much any other poll I've seen nationally. Given the last few weeks that were horrific for the GOP and better for Dems coverage wise, that result if true would say that Dems were in a god awful place right now, which again...is kind of an outlier.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1990 on: August 21, 2022, 10:19:20 AM »

LOL, your are one of those people here on Talk Election who puts always a good spin for Democrats no matter the Poll. Maybe we all should call you Spinbrocks instead of wbrocks.

Country off the Wrong Track at 74 % isn't good News for Biden; 58 % of Americans say the Countries Best Days are behind and 68 % say the Country is in a Recession. That is not good for the WH no matter how Karine Jean-Pierre and Biden tries to spin it.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1991 on: August 21, 2022, 10:19:34 AM »

Dem +3.5 is a tossup House with approx 220-216 seats and Dems gain in Senate

Doomers thought Trump would win outright, and were dead wrong on that. Kind of the big one. Certainly didn’t think Biden would win Arizona and Georgia. Or that Dems would take back the Senate. And don’t even get me started on how dead wrong doomers were in 2018/2019, which may be more comparable to this year.

If you are always negative OR always positive, naturally you’ll be right sometimes, but cherrypicking the few times doomers were somewhat right does not somehow prove you’re always right.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1992 on: August 21, 2022, 10:23:35 AM »

LOL, your are one of those people here on Talk Election who puts always a good spin for Democrats no matter the Poll. Maybe we all should call you Spinbrocks instead of wbrocks.

Country off the Wrong Track at 74 % isn't good News for Biden; 58 % of Americans say the Countries Best Days are behind and 68 % say the Country is in a Recession. That is not good for the WH no matter how Karine Jean-Pierre and Biden tries to spin it.

Sis you do realize that people have different reasons for saying the country is on the 'wrong track' right? If I was asked that, I'd probably say yes too, b/c of GOP extremism. Doesn't mean I'm voting for Republicans.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1993 on: August 21, 2022, 10:24:38 AM »

Here is a comparision of NBC POLLS

Junior Chimp

« Reply #1994 on: August 21, 2022, 10:25:57 AM »

Sis you do realize that people have different reasons for saying the country is on the 'wrong track' right? If I was asked that, I'd probably say yes too, b/c of GOP extremism. Doesn't mean I'm voting for Republicans.
You do realize that 68 % say the Country is in a Recession.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1995 on: August 21, 2022, 10:26:08 AM »

Who would have thought Adam Laxalt having a better chance of winning compared to Blake Masters or Herschel Walker. Certainly not me but that's where we are at the moment.

The Economy in NV is still very bad and Governor Sisolaks draconian COVID-19 Mandates did not help either.

Nevada seems to be the brightest spot for Republicans among the competitive states.  I'm inclined to think both Sisolak and CCM are slight underdogs at the moment, with the caveat that Democrats have usually tended to outperform their polling in the state.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1996 on: August 21, 2022, 10:29:51 AM »

Nevada seems to be the brightest spot for Republicans among the competitive states.  I'm inclined to think both Sisolak and CCM are slight underdogs at the moment, with the caveat that Democrats have usually tended to outperform their polling in the state.

Dean Heller was at 60% on PredictIt 2 weeks before the 2018 election. I do think media is being very careful with polling after 2016 and 2020.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1997 on: August 21, 2022, 10:32:55 AM »

Yes, Doomers were so correct that Trump had the 2020 election in the bag, and that 2018 was going to be a bad year for Democrats… Oh wait.

It’s one thing to say “take the polls with a grain of salt. They could be wrong or Republicans could gain again and have a good year after all.” That’s a perfectly reasonable take, and I’m guessing one of those two things ends up being the case.

It’s another entirely to act as though you’re positive everything will go wrong, mock anyone who go disagrees, bump threads mocking optimistic predictions while not admiring your mistakes and adjusting for them in any meaningful way. This is why Doomers are so insufferable. The persistence and (unearned) overconfidence makes it hard to take them seriously. And saying that Doomers were “almost right” in 2020 is like saying those of us sure that Bevin would win in 2019 were “almost right” or would’ve been right if Bevin had won by 0.1%. Being concerned about the possibility of bad results or merely thinking they will happen is one thing. Insisting that they will and that it’s absurd to predict otherwise is something else entirely.

Predicting multiple cycles should teach anyone that the only thing anyone can predict with confidence is that being overconfident about your predictions is a sure fire way to end up with egg on your face, sooner or later.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1998 on: August 21, 2022, 10:41:40 AM »

Yes, Doomers were so correct that Trump had the 2020 election in the bag, and that 2018 was going to be a bad year for Democrats… Oh wait.

It’s one thing to say “take the polls with a grain of salt. They could be wrong or Republicans could gain again and have a good year after all.” That’s a perfectly reasonable take, and I’m guessing one of those two things ends up being the case.

It’s another entirely to act as though you’re positive everything will go wrong, mock anyone who go disagrees, bump threads mocking optimistic predictions while not admiring your mistakes and adjusting for them in any meaningful way. This is why Doomers are so insufferable. The persistence and (unearned) overconfidence makes it hard to take them seriously. And saying that Doomers were “almost right” in 2020 is like saying those of us sure that Bevin would win in 2019 were “almost right” or would’ve been right if Bevin had won by 0.1%. Being concerned about the possibility of bad results or merely thinking they will happen is one thing. Insisting that they will and that it’s absurd to predict otherwise is something else entirely.

Predicting multiple cycles should teach anyone that the only thing anyone can predict with confidence is that being overconfident about your predictions is a sure fire way to end up with egg on your face, sooner or later.
Except the bloomers(including myself) mocked people too. They dismissed and were outright hostile towards anyone who didn't believe 2020 would be another d wave year
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1999 on: August 21, 2022, 10:59:10 AM »

Except the bloomers(including myself) mocked people too. They dismissed and were outright hostile towards anyone who didn't believe 2020 would be another d wave year

Sure, but that doesn’t make the attitude of the Doomers any better. Honestly, I think everyone could afford to acknowledge that we don’t know exactly what will happen, and that people are free to make predictions we don’t think are likely to pan out.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies