2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:45:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169243 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: November 08, 2021, 11:12:15 AM »

Hot take: It will be a bigger red wave than 2010.

Keep in mind - there will also be less competitive districts next year.

Nothing short of Biden +12 is going blue in 2022. Hence why I think CO-SEN is a tossup.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #726 on: November 08, 2021, 11:13:07 AM »

Hot take: It will be a bigger red wave than 2010.

Keep in mind - there will also be less competitive districts next year.

Nothing short of Biden +12 is going blue in 2022. Hence why I think CO-SEN is a tossup.

Yeah right, Bennet is leading by 12
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #727 on: November 08, 2021, 12:42:42 PM »

New CNN poll (Nov 1-4) has GCB at D+5

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

I'm sure it will get the same amount of coverage as the Suffolk poll though!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/08/politics/cnn-poll-biden-job-approval/index.html
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #728 on: November 08, 2021, 12:45:34 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

With all due respect, if you still believe any poll that has dems leading on the GB after what just happened, I don't know what to tell you
kwabbit

« Reply #729 on: November 08, 2021, 12:57:26 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

CNN should get a new pollster. C-rated and it doesn't seem like there going to be more accurate in 2022 if they're showing D+5. Although CGB polling is imperfect by definition.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #730 on: November 08, 2021, 12:58:10 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

With all due respect, if you still believe any poll that has dems leading on the GB after what just happened, I don't know what to tell you

I didn't say I believed it, did I? Please don't put words in my mouth. My point is that people will run with whatever one they believe the most. People love the Dems in Disarray narrative, so naturally the Suffolk poll got a lot of mileage. This one doesn't say that, so it won't.

My thoughts are it goes into the average. The average is basically tied right now, which seems reasonable.
kwabbit

« Reply #731 on: November 08, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

I didn't say I believed it, did I? Please don't put words in my mouth. My point is that people will run with whatever one they believe the most. People love the Dems in Disarray narrative, so naturally the Suffolk poll got a lot of mileage. This one doesn't say that, so it won't.

My thoughts are it goes into the average. The average is basically tied right now, which seems reasonable.

The CGB is definitely not tied right now. Everything about this past Tuesday indicates an environment at least R+5, maybe more.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #732 on: November 08, 2021, 01:24:14 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

The CGB is definitely not tied right now. Everything about this past Tuesday indicates an environment at least R+5, maybe more.

🤔🤔🤔🤔The election is not last Tuesday it's Nov 2022, how many times do D's have to tell Rs this

Just like Trump leads Biden the Election is 1000 days and wait til media start scrutiny of Trump again

Polls don't mean much until Aug 2022, not Dec 2021
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #733 on: November 08, 2021, 01:26:04 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

If we went by the results in 2009, they had an R+20 at this point.
kwabbit

« Reply #734 on: November 08, 2021, 01:31:28 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

If we went by the results in 2009, they had an R+20 at this point.

Virginia Gov indicated R+16, NJ indicated R+11, if you go strictly by PVI. State races weren't as nationalized then. I imagine if Deeds brought in the entirety of the Democratic party, maybe he would've lost by 11 instead of 17.

The fact that the main races of Tuesday had congruent results, along with the multitude of downballot races across the nation that went hard for Republicans, would suggest at least R+5. The gubernatorial elections themselves imply R+8, so I am discounting the result to an extent.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #735 on: November 08, 2021, 01:55:27 PM »

I don't see Democrats losing Nevada or Colorado. Even in the 2010 Wave they managed to hold those States.

NV 2008: D+12.5
NV 2020: D+2.5

Definitely unwinnable even in a GOP wave.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #736 on: November 08, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

You're extrapolating everything from VA and NJ when you shouldn't, though. Results in PA and GA were very different (also NJ has other circumstances in terms of history that didn't bode well for Dems to begin with)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #737 on: November 08, 2021, 02:29:25 PM »

I don't see Democrats losing Nevada or Colorado. Even in the 2010 Wave they managed to hold those States.

NV 2008: D+12.5
NV 2020: D+2.5

Definitely unwinnable even in a GOP wave.

We're not gonna in nje if it's a save until next yr Aug b not this yeat Rs need to stop measuring the drapes Trp lost badly in 2018/ due to Ukraine and Impeachment, Rs only won, one blue state in an R wave in 2014 CO and Unemployment was 11% in 2010 R wave, totally different dynamics in each midterm
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #738 on: November 08, 2021, 03:16:45 PM »

GG 70-80 seats

I just find it amazing how the Democrats are always elected to clean up the messes left by Republicans, but then the voters decide to hand power back to the Republicans because they don't think the Democrats are cleaning up fast enough.

Thats why you guys lose as you always think the voters are electing you guys to "fix the mess" of the previous administration. In 1992 Bill Clinton ran as a conservative Democrat who wasn't like the Tax and Spend Democrats of old and when he governed as a liberal , the public responded by saying that is not what we elected and decided to elect Republicans to the House for the first time in 40 years.

2008 yes I agree you guys were elected to fix a mess but you guys did completely squander it by spending 9 months trying to pass healthcare reform instead of pass more jobs bills.

In 2020, you guys only won cause people wanted a return to normalcy and a steady hand to deal with the pandemic. You guys were not elected to make fundamental changes to the economy or society and the fact is voters who prioritized those issues actually prefered Trump to Biden.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #739 on: November 08, 2021, 03:20:29 PM »

1. The 2020 house map is not the same house map as 2022

2. Not using a different shade of color to indicate the gains makes this map incredibly hard to read
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #740 on: November 08, 2021, 04:13:38 PM »

GG 70-80 seats

I just find it amazing how the Democrats are always elected to clean up the messes left by Republicans, but then the voters decide to hand power back to the Republicans because they don't think the Democrats are cleaning up fast enough.

Thats why you guys lose as you always think the voters are electing you guys to "fix the mess" of the previous administration. In 1992 Bill Clinton ran as a conservative Democrat who wasn't like the Tax and Spend Democrats of old and when he governed as a liberal , the public responded by saying that is not what we elected and decided to elect Republicans to the House for the first time in 40 years.

2008 yes I agree you guys were elected to fix a mess but you guys did completely squander it by spending 9 months trying to pass healthcare reform instead of pass more jobs bills.

In 2020, you guys only won cause people wanted a return to normalcy and a steady hand to deal with the pandemic. You guys were not elected to make fundamental changes to the economy or society and the fact is voters who prioritized those issues actually prefered Trump to Biden.

Says who? People need to stop using this talking point and stop talking for 81 million voters.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #741 on: November 08, 2021, 04:37:20 PM »

GG 70-80 seats

Says who? People need to stop using this talking point and stop talking for 81 million voters.

Exit polls
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #742 on: November 08, 2021, 04:39:45 PM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #743 on: November 08, 2021, 05:49:56 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

Nov 2020
CNN D +12, so there is a 7 point change since 2020 per CNN.
Suffolk D+10. so there is a 16 point change since 2020 per Suffolk.

If you average it, (16+7)/2 = 11.5 swing since Nov 2020  Kiss
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #744 on: November 08, 2021, 07:28:32 PM »

Democrats 49%
Republicans 44%

Nov 2020
CNN D +12, so there is a 7 point change since 2020 per CNN.
Suffolk D+10. so there is a 16 point change since 2020 per Suffolk.

If you average it, (16+7)/2 = 11.5 swing since Nov 2020  Kiss

LMAO, so what you're saying though is that both of these pollsters were wildly off so neither of their latest polls should be taken seriously. Fine by me
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2021, 07:31:25 PM »

https://www.carolinajournal.com/news-article/senate-candidate-walker-fielding-calls-about-returning-to-u-s-house/

Mark Walker return to the house?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2021, 10:31:12 PM »

Former boxing world Champion Jesse Vargas is running in NV-04 as a Republican
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #747 on: November 09, 2021, 07:22:37 AM »

This is a great ad, but isn't SC-01 only becoming more red in redistricting?

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #748 on: November 09, 2021, 08:34:16 AM »

The state of polling in 2021

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star