NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:29:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 47898 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: April 08, 2021, 09:50:57 PM »

NC might be the only state with as much of a clown car GOP Senate primary as Pennsylvania.

Lol Jackson has been putting out Facebook campaign ads, he will be the Nominee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #251 on: April 12, 2021, 12:06:42 PM »

Former Mayor of Charlotte & former North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory expected to launch Senate Bid this week
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/12/former-north-carolina-governor-senate-run-480960
This is OVAH for Democrats before it begins. Jeff Jackson isn't going to beat McCrory in a Biden Midterm.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2021, 12:18:48 PM »

Yeah, this is definitely gonna be a close race between Jackson and McCrory
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2021, 12:25:18 PM »

Former Mayor of Charlotte & former North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory expected to launch Senate Bid this week
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/12/former-north-carolina-governor-senate-run-480960
This is OVAH for Democrats before it begins. Jeff Jackson isn't going to beat McCrory in a Biden Midterm.

I mean, McCrory managed to lose as an incumbent even as Trump carried the state by 3 points. I agree this is a lean R race, but McCrory hardly seems like the strongest candidate.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2021, 12:43:02 PM »

I mean, McCrory managed to lose as an incumbent even as Trump carried the state by 3 points. I agree this is a lean R race, but McCrory hardly seems like the strongest candidate.
True but State Senator Jeff Jackson is no Roy Cooper.
Former decreased Senator Kay Hagan had argueably the best Midterm Organization in a lifetime in 2014 yet she still lost to current Senator Thom Tillis.

Democrats would need either to coax Cooper into the Race or they need a Wave Midterm Election to win NC in a Non-Presidential Year. The Race starts as Lean R bordering Likely R.
McCrorys Entrance also means that Lara Trump most likely won't run.

Lara Trump is IMO the only Candidate Jeff Jackson could actually beat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2021, 12:46:31 PM »

We already know that Jackson isn't Cooper with Covid cases rising I would edit my earlier prediction D's are poised to win WI, PA and NH and Rs will pick up GA for wave insurance

They won't poll the state, since Biden honeymoon is over, he not at 60%, the Ds would have released a poll by now

But, if we have a boom Economy, there will be a blue Wave
Junior Chimp

« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »

We already know that Jackson isn't Cooper with Covid cases rising I would edit my earlier prediction D's are poised to win WI, PA and NH and Rs will pick up GA for wave insurance

They won't poll the state, since Biden honeymoon is over, he not at 60%, the Ds would have released a poll by now

EVEN with a boom Economy there won't be a blue Wave. A Midterm Wave favouring the Party with an Incumbent President has never happened and it won't happen.

Democrats won't win Wisconsin either. They had a D+8 Wave in 2018 and Evers barely beat Scott Walker by some 30K Votes.

So what are you smoking here! The only Republican Seat where Democrats actually start as Favourites is in PA!
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2021, 02:56:01 PM »

I hope Budd and Walker perform similarly, then Walker drops out first and runs for Budd's house seat for the sheer ridiculousness of it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2021, 03:18:37 PM »

D's are likely to net PA and WI, and GA and NC are Tossups to give D's 52/48 Senate who knows about the H

WARNOCK is Vulnerable due to Voter suppression laws
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2021, 03:36:30 PM »

Waiting on Beasley's entrance--do we have an ETA on that?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2021, 03:42:45 PM »

EVEN with a boom Economy there won't be a blue Wave. A Midterm Wave favouring the Party with an Incumbent President has never happened and it won't happen.

Democrats won't win Wisconsin either. They had a D+8 Wave in 2018 and Evers barely beat Scott Walker by some 30K Votes.

So what are you smoking here! The only Republican Seat where Democrats actually start as Favourites is in PA!

1998 and 2002?

I don’t see why it’s impossible for 2022 to be a good year for dems. Dems are passing party line bills and can take credit for the economic recovery and bash R’s over the head for voting against it. And I’m saying this as someone who might be a 2020 D > 2022 R voter.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2021, 04:02:36 PM »

1998 and 2002?

I don’t see why it’s impossible for 2022 to be a good year for dems. Dems are passing party line bills and can take credit for the economic recovery and bash R’s over the head for voting against it. And I’m saying this as someone who might be a 2020 D > 2022 R voter.

Because D's are giving 300 to people on Unemployment extra and only 18M of us are on Unemployment, not everyone is on Unemployment.  It's not Right and not fair and they're not any Green jobs yet

Look they aren't even polling GA, NC, OH  they only poll WI and NH Senate races, the Cook ratings are off but Ds will win WI, NH, and PA in a Neutral Environment

But, they can also lose the H with 5 vulnerable Ds and TX and FL gaining 6 seats in the H

In a gerrymandering way without HR 1 you know DeSantis and Abbott are gonna gerrymander those into R Districts

I am not saying this on definite terms but Covid and border security needs to get better in order for a blue wave to happen
Junior Chimp

« Reply #262 on: April 12, 2021, 05:37:38 PM »

1998 and 2002?

1998 Democrats made Bill Clintons Impeachment a huge Issue. I think it was one of the reasons why they gained Seats in the Senate.
2002 Republicans gained Seats because of 9/11.

Democrats would a similar Event to 9/11 to make gains. I am pretty confident that one Chamber will flip.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2021, 06:20:47 PM »

1998 and 2002?

1998 Democrats made Bill Clintons Impeachment a huge Issue. I think it was one of the reasons why they gained Seats in the Senate.

Democrats would a similar Event to 9/11 to make gains. I am pretty confident that one Chamber will flip.

I feel like the economy massively improving and COVID basically being over are far more relevant to people's lives than a President being impeached. I don't see why 2022 can't be a good midterm for dems.

Not to say that the economy will be amazing by Nov 2022, or that dems will have a good midterm... I just don't see why it's being ruled out as a possibility.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2021, 06:48:43 PM »

1998 and 2002?

I feel like the economy massively improving and COVID basically being over are far more relevant to people's lives than a President being impeached. I don't see why 2022 can't be a good midterm for dems.

Not to say that the economy will be amazing by Nov 2022, or that dems will have a good midterm... I just don't see why it's being ruled out as a possibility.

North Carolina though is a very difficult State to get especially in a Midterm. I mean by all accounts Joe Biden & Cal Cunningham should have won their respective Races last year but they didn't. Georgia voting to the left of North Carolina is almost unheard of.

And then the bullsh**t bingo Media already portraying the Republican Party extinct, done, whatever you name it because of the Senate Retirements.

The only Senate Retirement that hurt Republicans was Pat Toomeys. Burr retiring in NC is actually a good thing and so is Blunt in MO. And in OH Republicans have a pretty deep bench they can draw from. The same is the case in WI and potentially IA.

I mean I hear a lot of the crap stuff I've heard after Obama won in 2008.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: April 12, 2021, 08:00:27 PM »

The absence of polls show that these races aside from WI, PA and NH that they are Lean R

It's not gonna be a boom Economy next yr, the Prez usually lose 1 or both Houses since Bill Clinton's

I have buyers remorse, we could have done better with a different Prez.

.Biden said with Obama we are gonna cure Cancer and then again in 2020 cure Covid, not so, we are stuck with Covid
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #266 on: April 12, 2021, 08:10:14 PM »

1998 and 2002?

The Economy isn't the issue, many people are living off of limited income and when you live on limited income in a Pandemic, it's unfair that Unemployment issurance which only account for 18M people, are getting more money than everyone else, when stimulus money runs out, your monthly income is not enough. The 1400 and 1.9R was only supposed to go as far as the Covid cases, but we are seeing an increase in Covid cases now, certain parts of the Economy is still closed

Again, the South is gonna vote Red, but the North will stay D and the H and S like in 2018 can go in different directions, I am still a D and will vote that way but the odds are in the Rs favor in the House with Redistricting
Lognog
United States

« Reply #267 on: April 12, 2021, 08:32:14 PM »

Yeah, personally I'm rooting for him in the primary because he seems like the weakest candidate of the ones that can get the nomination
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2021, 08:35:49 PM »

I can see Walker or Budd, heck even both dropping out and just running for Congress. Once we get a new map, we will know more.
JMT

« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2021, 07:02:02 AM »

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #270 on: April 14, 2021, 07:42:29 AM »

JMT

« Reply #271 on: April 14, 2021, 07:53:19 AM »

And here’s his announcement tweet and video:

Pink Panther

« Reply #272 on: April 14, 2021, 08:47:46 AM »

This race probably goes from Lean R to Tilt R, since McCory probably is the favorite to win the nomination unless Trump runs.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #273 on: April 14, 2021, 09:29:20 AM »

This race probably goes from Lean R to Tilt R, since McCory probably is the favorite to win the nomination unless Trump runs.

What about Walker?
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2021, 09:42:37 AM »

What about Walker?

McCrory, Robinson (if he runs), and Trump (if she runs) are all likelier to win the primary than Walker. Not basing that on this poll alone, but it shows the general magnitude of Walker's name recognition deficit:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/548028-lara-trump-leads-gop-field-in-north-carolina-senate-race-poll-shows
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies