NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:21:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 47636 times)
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2020, 02:45:46 PM »

Bishop and Trump alike would flatten him if either were to run. That said, likely R until I have a reason to call it otherwise. I don't trust my state in the slightest.

Bishop ? Why do you think he would flatten him ?
All Bishop has to do is remind the people of North Carolina that he tried to stop the radical transgender agenda and the Senate seat is his, unless Trump runs.
Walker is a pastor, I doubt you can accuse him of being a liberal on social issues.
Sure, but he doesn't have the same credentials of  cisgender activism.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2020, 03:04:22 PM »

Bishop would have a good shot of winning the primary if he ran given his profile. Earlier this year I would've said he couldn't win statewide given his strong association with HB2, but given Cooper's comparatively weak re-election margin and lack of coattails, as well as the expected dynamics of a Biden midterm in a state not carried by the Democratic presidential ticket, I don't think he'd put the seat at much of a risk. As his own election to the House demonstrated so well (and it still baffles me that McCready's performance wasn't a gigantic red flag for the party everywhere), suburban revulsion just isn't enough for the Dems to make their way across the line in NC, and there's still further to fall in the regions that have been falling, especially since Dems are so disinterested in seemingly every other demographic in existence nowadays, and in NC specifically seem to have no qualms with letting the Inner Banks and Sandhills crumble.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »

I am ultimately expecting a Trump v Walker primary and if such happens, it will be a good test of whether the Trump name or the party machinery will be more influential, anyways Lean R
kwabbit

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2020, 05:01:16 PM »

Safe R now that we have the first GCB poll out: R+12. The Republican will win by double digits.
What poll? Do you have a link? Sounds crazy
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2020, 03:21:09 PM »

New DNS registrations suggest Anita Earls is gonna get in.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2020, 05:50:44 PM »

Safe R now that we have the first GCB poll out: R+12. The Republican will win by double digits.

He thinks Rs are fav in every Election
kwabbit

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2020, 05:53:03 PM »

He thinks Rs are fav in every Election
It wasn't a real generic ballot poll anyway.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2020, 12:25:37 AM »

New DNS registrations suggest Anita Earls is gonna get in.

I love Anita Earls, but we need her at the State Supreme Court, and she's probably too left-leaning to win a federal election without a strong wind at her back.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »

Jeff Jackson sent out an email this morning saying that he's "taking a close look" at running for the U.S. Senate after receiving "a lot of encouragement to seriously consider a run" and that he will decide with his family over the holiday.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2020, 10:34:33 AM »

Jeff Jackson sent out an email this morning saying that he's "taking a close look" at running for the U.S. Senate after receiving "a lot of encouragement to seriously consider a run" and that he will decide with his family over the holiday.

As long as he isn't planning to completely ignore fundraising and cede the airwaves this time around, I'm fine with that.  If he is, however, then we should run someone else.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2020, 10:39:11 AM »

Jeff, you are not a clown, you are the entire circus
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2020, 02:50:23 PM »

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2020, 02:59:42 PM »

This is likely the best pick-up opportunity for Democrats after GA (if Loeffler wins) and PA. I could even see it ending up being more competitive than PA if Wolf doesn’t run. Still Lean R for now, though.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2020, 03:01:20 PM »

This is likely the best pick-up opportunity for Democrats after GA (if Loeffler wins) and PA. I could even see it ending up being more competitive than PA if Wolf doesn’t run.
only if Lara Trump is the nominee, if Mark Walker or McRory runs then I think this is a hold
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2020, 03:04:04 PM »

This is likely the best pick-up opportunity for Democrats after GA (if Loeffler wins) and PA. I could even see it ending up being more competitive than PA if Wolf doesn’t run.
only if Lara Trump is the nominee, if Mark Walker or McRory runs then I think this is a hold

The same McCrory who managed to lose as the incumbent governor in a Republican year when Trump was winning his state by 4 points?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2020, 03:05:06 PM »

Jeff Jackson will probably be a strong canidate up in the wrong year. Really wish he had run this year. Lean R for now, even if 2022 is a 2002 redux, it's challenging to see how Democrats will overcome the partisanship of the state.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2020, 03:08:53 PM »

Yawn. Should be a fairly easy hold for Republicans whether or not Jackson runs. I don't see it flipping before PA.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2020, 03:09:39 PM »

The same McCrory who managed to lose as the incumbent governor in a Republican year when Trump was winning his state by 4 points?
Cooper is a strong challenger and McRory made campaign mistakes(signing the bathroom bill) but this is a biden midterm which would be enough for him to squeak a small victory. For the time being I see NC going from +5R to +2 D.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2020, 03:29:08 PM »

Mark Walker would probably be fine, but McCrory would be an abject disaster. Very much doubt he runs. Trump is more of a wildcard, she could do better or worse than Generic R.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2020, 03:39:42 PM »

Mark Walker would probably be fine, but McCrory would be an abject disaster. Very much doubt he runs. Trump is more of a wildcard, she could do better or worse than Generic R.
Lara Trump would absolutely do worse than a generic R
SCNCmod

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2020, 12:48:38 AM »

Any word on whether or not Jeff Jackson is running?

I assume he is, but haven't seen anything definitively saying he's jumping in.  If he does run, he is opposite from Cunningham regarding candidate quality (Cunningham always underperforms). 
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2020, 02:45:09 AM »

I assume he is, but haven't seen anything definitively saying he's jumping in.  If he does run, he is opposite from Cunningham regarding candidate quality (Cunningham always underperforms). 

It's really crazy how some people have a short memory, for the past twelve months many posters on this forum explained that Cunningham was not only going to win by a healthy margin (even after the minor scandal broke out), but also that he was going to overperform Biden significantly, and now many of these same posters are trashing him

MargieCat
United States

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2020, 03:30:55 AM »

It's really crazy how some people have a short memory, for the past twelve months many posters on this forum explained that Cunningham was not only going to win by a healthy margin (even after the minor scandal broke out), but also that he was going to overperform Biden significantly, and now many of these same posters are trashing him

He was a strong candidate until it was exposed that he was a cheater cheater pumpkin eater.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2020, 05:10:26 AM »

Lara Trump is not gonna be Senator, D's will win this race
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to: