Columbia County, New York (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:55:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Columbia County, New York (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Columbia County, New York  (Read 1841 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: November 18, 2020, 07:17:06 PM »

Noticed Biden won Columbia County by around 16 points and while other New York counties still have ballots to count, how come this largely rural is so Democrat?  Also noticed Renssaeler County has flipped from Clinton to Biden but it has some Albany suburbs so that one makes sense.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 07:28:34 PM »

There was apparently a big push by the Democrats to get people with weekend homes upstate who otherwise reside in NYC to change their voter registration to their upstate residences to push those areas left. I'm guessing this is a big part of the story.

Interesting.  I thought Ulster county which usually goes Democrat is where a lot of New Yorkers move to and thus why it is more liberal, but didn't realize Columbia County is as well.  Perhaps also get some Boston residents too as almost equal distant between NYC and Boston.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 08:41:22 PM »

Doesn't Rockland County have a large Orthodox Jewish community?  I am thinking Trump's stance on Israel be it moving embassy to Jerusalem and deals with a number of Arab countries to recognize Israel would help him there.  But looking at precinct data in 2016 he might also already be maxed out in this community.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies