Second Boss Abortion Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Second Boss Abortion Act
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Second Boss Abortion Act  (Read 10082 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2004, 02:02:48 PM »

Yea on the first amendment.

Nay on the second amendment.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2004, 07:18:09 AM »

So far neither of the amendments have passed.

I believe we have four votes for the first and only three for the second with two votes against the first and three against the second.

We will begin voting upon Beet's proposed amendment following the finishing of voting on the current amendments.

If they have not passed by midday EST tomorrow (Monday) then I will withdraw them to speed up the process and allow voting to begin on Beet's proposed amendment despite my belief that the first amendment is very necessary as the changing of "a woman" to "the woman" is very important in my view.

I may consider withdrawing the second amendment which is not currently being supported by the majority and commence voting on Beet's amendment instead of that.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2004, 04:53:33 PM »

I will hereby withdraw my second amendment and commence voting on Beet's amendment.

All those who have not voted on my first amendment should do so ASAP and everyone should vote upon Beet's amendment.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2004, 01:49:38 AM »

(Vice-President Soult hooks up to microphone)

Today, I shall excercise my privilage as President of the Senate to give a short speech on this topic.

When the Founders of this great nation first layed down thier vision for government in the Declaration of Independence, the right that they gave precidence to, the one they mentioned above all others was the right to life.  In the modern era, that right is not taken so seriously by many in our nation.  Though I do not see this as a complicated issue, I do understand that there are many who do.  I understand that there are those who hold opinions other than that of my own and I respect thier opinions and beliefs.  However, though there are many differing opinions on this issue, I believe that all resonable people, whether pro-life or pro-choice, believe that we as a compassionate people must act to do what we can to save as many lives as possible.  I understand the concerns of many Liberals that putting any limit on abortions may put mothers in a difficult prediciment.  Therefore, I ask that, while we pass this bill, with both amendments included, we add a third amendment to the bil that will promise that with in a month after the signing of this bill, we have a draft for a bill that will expand the the social safety net and  increase funding for those programs to assist single mothers.  I believe that, if we are really going to make a difference, we must grant a women incentive to bring a child to term.  If we, as a society are going to take away this option from a woman, we as a society should take responsablity for our own and offer something in return.  When one mother or child is suffering, society suffers.  

I think this is a reasonable proposal that will allow all involved to agree to the legislation before us and continue the work that we were elected to do.  I yield back the floor.  
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2004, 02:21:56 PM »

I support supersoulty's proposal, but it should include a federally funded, locally administered child care program.

Yes on my own amendment.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2004, 03:10:07 AM »

I would like to call debate on this issue to commence as soon as possible, please.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2004, 03:07:03 PM »

Will people please get voting on the amendments before the Senate.

The amendments to vote upon are my first amendment and Beet's amendment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies