If after the 2016 election you were told: (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:54:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  If after the 2016 election you were told: (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If after the 2016 election you were told:  (Read 1419 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 02, 2022, 02:42:08 AM »

- Trump would be impeached and Sen. Mitt Romney would vote to convict him, though he is ultimately acquitted
- Trump would win Zapata County, TX
- The Democrat would receive nearly 1.5 million more ballots than Hillary Clinton out of TX
- The Democrat would get a higher share of the vote in GA than WI
- It took several days for the network to call the election, and senate control is still not known in December
- Miami - Dade County would be within single digits
- The would Democrat wins over 55% of the vote in Colorado
- There's a 6% gap between how PA and MN vote
- Trump gets over 73,000,000 votes
- Ultimately, 5 states and 1 district change how they voted from 2016
- By and large both sides were unhappy with the results of the election

Who would win and what would be the map?

1. Wouldn't know what to make of it.
2. Hispanics definitely swung rightward (maybe a Hispanic running mate, though pretty unlikely), but Trump also won and improved by a good amount in rural areas generally.
3. Pretty high turnout election + blue-trending-suburbs + growth in suburbs.
4. I guess 2016 redux as far as the upper Midwest is concerned, while metro Atlanta tips GA further leftward (though it pretty likely still goes red).
5. One very close state - maybe FL2000 2.0? As for the Senate, GA has a runoff election.
6. A Floridian on the ticket? Decent-sized regional disaster that Trump handles well? Hispanics swung hard rightward?
7. Denver 'burbs trending leftward by quite a bit.
8. Obviously MN votes to the left of PA - I guess Klobuchar might be on the ballot? Twin Cities suburbs swing much further to the left than the Philly suburbs, or rural PA swings further to the right while rural MN somehow remains about the same
9. As I said - Trump has won, and it was fairly high turnout.
10. Somehow, either ME02 or NE02 has flipped blue....based on trends most likely the latter. Or maybe even, in a massive stretch (very unlikely), ME01 has flipped red. A for 5 states, this is harder, but maybe somehow GA flipped blue (maybe a Georgian on the ballot and/or metro Atlanta swinging hard left?) even as 4 states (NV and NH, maybe MN and ME) flipped red as part of a landslide.
11. GOP unhappy maybe because the Senate somehow flipped blue? Something like that? Or Democrats gain a lot in the House? Democrats unhappy because Trump reelected and maybe they won the popular vote but lost the electoral college two races in a row (though based on results in Zapata, unlikely)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies