10k posts AMA - Del Tachi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:23:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  10k posts AMA - Del Tachi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 10k posts AMA - Del Tachi  (Read 1775 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: November 13, 2020, 04:22:06 PM »

What do you think about "owning the libs" and do you believe it is part of what you're doing?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:05:14 AM »

Which parts of Italy did you visit?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »

The Riviera and Lombardy.  I stayed in Nice for a few weeks during the summer of 2015, so we would sometimes pop over to Ventimiglia or San Remo.  Spent a weekend in Milan that summer too and while I liked the fashionable nightlife there, the city seemed dirty and not ancient or romantic enough (like how I had envisioned Italy in my head, lol.)  Oh well, Dolce vita, Milano da bere.

The place I most want to visit in Italy is Florence, and I regret not making a bigger effort of going that summer.

As an inhabitant of the Eastern part of Liguria, VERY BAD.

Milan is quite ancient and artsy actually, just not as much as other Italian cities, and yeah, it's more famous for the nightlife. It's basically the best Italian city for Blairite types, if you get what I mean.
By the way you mixed up two things, as Dolce vita refers to Rome, lol.

[insert joke about how you must be a far-right Republican so I should suggest you Verona here]
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 03:56:43 PM »

Do you think that so far Tate Reeves has been a better or worse governor than Phil Bryant and how does it relate to your expectations?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 03:36:32 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 03:49:16 AM by Radically celibate, involuntarily feminist »

The Riviera and Lombardy.  I stayed in Nice for a few weeks during the summer of 2015, so we would sometimes pop over to Ventimiglia or San Remo.  Spent a weekend in Milan that summer too and while I liked the fashionable nightlife there, the city seemed dirty and not ancient or romantic enough (like how I had envisioned Italy in my head, lol.)  Oh well, Dolce vita, Milano da bere.

The place I most want to visit in Italy is Florence, and I regret not making a bigger effort of going that summer.

Yeah I've never been to the parts of Italy you've been to.

I've been to Tuscany (Florence, Siena, Pisa, Livorno), Lazio (Rome), Umbria (Perugia, Todi), Campania (Naples, Pompeii) and Sicily (Palermo).

Florence was by far my favorite place in Italy. Absolutely gorgeous city with lots of history and actually is pretty interesting even beyond the monuments and stuff (it's the place out of those mentioned I would most be able to see myself living in). Siena would be my second favorite. However, I found Pisa quite underwhelming (worth going if you're in the area to see the Leaning Tower and the Cathedral, but seemed pretty boring beyond that), and I did not care for Sicily at all. Naples probably has the most beautiful natural landscape in all of Italy, definitely so out of the places I've been too. I've only seen comparable landscape in terms of beauty in Southern Bavaria/Salzburg state and the Rhone-Alpes region in France.

I have already told you this (I may as well repeat it here for Del Tachi), but I really don't understand how one can love Florence so much and then find Pisa generally boring. Pisa has many parts that really resemble Florence and has plenty of other things worth a visit - the flea market of Loggia dei Banchi, the museum of Palazzo Blu, the museum of Palazzo Reale, Piazza dei Cavalieri, the church of Santa Maria della Spina which is right on the bank of the Arno, Keith Haring's last mural...
Also, Pisa is very much a university town - this sounds like it should appeal Del Tachi, although I may be wrong.

EDIT: I talked about this with my mother and she generally agrees with you, lol... what can I say, I have been to Pisa countless of times because it is where my university lies, so I probably have explored the city more than most.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies