10k posts AMA - Del Tachi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:19:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  10k posts AMA - Del Tachi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 10k posts AMA - Del Tachi  (Read 1790 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2020, 04:18:48 PM »
« edited: March 05, 2021, 11:28:11 AM by Del Tachi »

I'm bored, it's taken me 10+ years to get to 9k posts, and I'm unsure if I'll be around for 10k, so I wanted to go ahead and open myself up for any questions.

Hopefully I do this right?  Go!  
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 04:22:06 PM »

What do you think about "owning the libs" and do you believe it is part of what you're doing?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 04:48:11 PM »

What do you think about "owning the libs" and do you believe it is part of what you're doing?

I'm not even sure what this term means.  If "owning the libs" is just the conservative rejoinder to Jon Stewart or Chelsea Handler-style deprecating humor aimed at rural Evangelicals and uneducated White people, then I guess I'm all for it. 

Point is, our politics has been quite personal and "identity" driven for a while now.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 06:28:25 PM »

Using a spectrum that goes from "total anarchy" all the way to "complete and total authoritarianism"?, where on the spectrum would you put yourself and your views as compared to other Republicans and other Trump supporters? Wbat about as compared to Mitch McConnell? Donald Trump?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 10:41:25 PM »

Yo dawg, what it do?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 11:21:48 PM »

Are you happy with the results? What are the most surprising outcomes of this election, in your view? And how do you think Biden's term is going to progress?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 04:57:15 PM »

Why are you a Clinton/Trump voter? Are you pro choice and wanted her to fill the seat or something?
Saruku

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 06:16:27 PM »

Are you or have you ever been a member of a fraternity?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 11:07:00 AM »

Why are you a Clinton/Trump voter? Are you pro choice and wanted her to fill the seat or something?

In 2016, I was much more of an internationalist than I am now and I've always just had a penchant for Hillary Clinton (some of my family were Hillary Clinton-supporting Democrats in 2008.)  Since 2016, I've been turned off by the Democrats zooming left on issues like immigration, the minimum wage, gun control and race/gender and I've actually come to appreciate Trump's "post-NATO" foreign policy that focuses on increasing areas of cooperation between us and still developing democracies, especially India and the Phillipines, to create a more effective counterweight to China.       

I am mostly pro-choice, but in 2016 believed that a conservative should have been appointed to replace Scalia.    
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 11:07:38 AM »

Are you or have you ever been a member of a fraternity?

Yes, but I am not a Delta Chi Wink
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 11:10:12 AM »

Yo, not much.  Just chilling atm in Jack Town.  Recovering from a weekend of going to see some buddies of mine in Birmingham, which is always a blast!
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 11:18:48 AM »

Are you happy with the results? What are the most surprising outcomes of this election, in your view? And how do you think Biden's term is going to progress?

I think Biden underperformed while the GOP main gains in the House and will (probably) maintain the Senate.  It's not a second term for Trump (to be sure), but was much better for conservatives than I was expecting the results to be.

I was really surprised to see Collins >50% in the first round, and for the big Latino swings towards Trump in Florida and Texas.  If the GOP can nail-down those gains into 2022/24 and beyond, then the Democrats' "Sun Belt Strategy" is essentially DOA.

I think Biden is going to pretty much be a do-nothing president whose first priorities will be ending Trump's executive orders + COVID stimulus.  I think (before 2022), we do get some kind of infrastructure + "green" energy bill that has some Republican support.     

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 11:20:25 AM »

Opinion of the pre-2020 flag of Mississippi?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 11:26:24 AM »

Who do you think we should rally around in 2024 to carry forward the proletarian struggle of Trumpist-Buchananism?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 11:27:50 AM »

Yo, not much.  Just chilling atm in Jack Town.  Recovering from a weekend of going to see some buddies of mine in Birmingham, which is always a blast!

Hell yeah, bro, tha's sick.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 11:35:54 AM »

Using a spectrum that goes from "total anarchy" all the way to "complete and total authoritarianism"?, where on the spectrum would you put yourself and your views as compared to other Republicans and other Trump supporters? Wbat about as compared to Mitch McConnell? Donald Trump?

Hmmm....I've never really thought about this, and it's a difficult question because standard Republican orthodoxy incorporates libertine as well as authoritarian positions depending on the specific issue.  Appeals to some normative "freedom" or "liberty" are often just rhetorical shots in support for some conservative policy, not values in their own right. 

In general, I've never thought of myself as a libertarian.  I happen to really like the government (they write my and my parents' paychecks!)  One of the first political issues I really cared about was the Congressional earmark ban of 2011-13 (which was then fully-incorporated into the Budget Control "sequester" Act), which I think really damaged the amount of compromise that can be accomplished in Congress and put poor states (like Mississippi) at a huge disadvantage in attracting Federal investment.  I really hated the "small government" ethos of the Tea Party, for example.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 11:48:46 AM »
« Edited: November 16, 2020, 11:59:11 AM by Del Tachi »

Opinion of the pre-2020 flag of Mississippi?

I'm glad it's changed, even though I don't really care that much for the new state flag.

The old "Dixie" flag never bothered me except for the Dixie cross use as a symbol for Ole Miss Tongue    
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 11:53:54 AM »

Who do you think we should rally around in 2024 to carry forward the proletarian struggle of Trumpist-Buchananism?

If we want to go 100% in on complety wrecking established norms enforced by an educated, hyper-urban "liberal elite" then we should re-nominate Trump or go with Tucker Carlson

If we want to take Trump's coalition (which is more Latino and Black than anyone suspected) and attempt to incorporate it into a post-Evangelical, nationalistic "movement conservatism" that can be controlled by more established conservative voices and institutions, then I'd want Ron DeSantis.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 12:04:20 PM »

Two questions:

1. Who are your top choices for the GOP nomination in 2024, if Trump doesn’t run?

2. In regards to foreign policy, where do you stand, do you consider yourself more of a hawk, a dove, or somewhere in between?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 03:19:58 PM »

What countries have you been to other than the U.S.? Do you admire any other countries, and why? Do you think there are things the U.S. could learn from other countries?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »

Are you a coffee drinker? And if so, how do you deal with the dreadful coffee situation in Jackson?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 05:11:36 PM »

How do I perfect slow-cooked pork?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 11:57:34 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2020, 12:04:37 PM by Del Tachi »

Are you a coffee drinker? And if so, how do you deal with the dreadful coffee situation in Jackson?

I am a daily coffee drinker.  I'm not sure when you last lived in Jackson, but we've had some local micro-roasters open up in the past couple years that aren't bad.  I'm the type who likes making coffee at home, and I typically order my beans from Jittery Joes in Athens, GA or a local roaster in Starkghanistan. 
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 12:03:33 PM »

How do I perfect slow-cooked pork?

Pork and slow-cooking is not something I'm especially well-versed in (I'm more of a red  meat + high heat kind of guy.)  If you're talking about smoking, my only suggestion would be to take your time and allow the rubbed butt to come up to room temperature before putting it in a 235 degree smoker.  If you keep things low and slow, you'll be able to maintain moisture and flavor without having to inject the meat.  At 235, pork cooks at a rate of 1 pound per hour.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 12:18:26 PM »

Given you've stated that you consider yourself to be pro-choice, and given that (correct me if I am wrong) you're gay, how do you grapple with the Republican Party's social policies with regards to abortion and gay rights? Namely, what are your views on evangelicals within the Party who have been on the right flank of such issues, and on Republican politicians who have been denounced as extremists on the issue of abortion (akin to Todd Akin or Richard Murdock) and as homophobic?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies