10k posts AMA - Del Tachi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:20:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  10k posts AMA - Del Tachi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 10k posts AMA - Del Tachi  (Read 1781 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: March 06, 2021, 02:45:53 AM »

The Riviera and Lombardy.  I stayed in Nice for a few weeks during the summer of 2015, so we would sometimes pop over to Ventimiglia or San Remo.  Spent a weekend in Milan that summer too and while I liked the fashionable nightlife there, the city seemed dirty and not ancient or romantic enough (like how I had envisioned Italy in my head, lol.)  Oh well, Dolce vita, Milano da bere.

The place I most want to visit in Italy is Florence, and I regret not making a bigger effort of going that summer.

As an inhabitant of the Eastern part of Liguria, VERY BAD.

Milan is quite ancient and artsy actually, just not as much as other Italian cities, and yeah, it's more famous for the nightlife. It's basically the best Italian city for Blairite types, if you get what I mean.
By the way you mixed up two things, as Dolce vita refers to Rome, lol.

[insert joke about how you must be a far-right Republican so I should suggest you Verona here]

This is the best Dolce Vita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93vWTvGVkQ0
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 02:47:16 AM »

What countries have you been to other than the U.S.? Do you admire any other countries, and why? Do you think there are things the U.S. could learn from other countries?

Good question.  So far, I have been to:

U.S.
Canada
Mexico
Honduras
The Bahamas
Dominican Republic
Turks and Caicos
Cayman Islands
Belgium
France
Holland
Italy
Monaco
Spain
Swizterland
United Kingdom

My international travels have (admittedly) been mostly of the drunk college kid garden variety.  On  my next trip overseas, I'd really like to check out Central Europe (Germany/Austria/Hungary) or Scandinavia.

I've also always been fascinated by Argentina and Brazil as countries, mostly because of their unique (somewhat right wing, lol) literary/philosophical history that has a lot of non-Anglo or Native influences.  The continent is extremely remote physically, but also highly urban.

In general I guess I like European food/wine and work culture, lol.  Americans would do good to relax a little bit and think more about enjoying what they eat Cheesy

Which country did you like best out of those you visited?

And where in France and Belgium did you go?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 03:14:11 AM »

The Riviera and Lombardy.  I stayed in Nice for a few weeks during the summer of 2015, so we would sometimes pop over to Ventimiglia or San Remo.  Spent a weekend in Milan that summer too and while I liked the fashionable nightlife there, the city seemed dirty and not ancient or romantic enough (like how I had envisioned Italy in my head, lol.)  Oh well, Dolce vita, Milano da bere.

The place I most want to visit in Italy is Florence, and I regret not making a bigger effort of going that summer.

Yeah I've never been to the parts of Italy you've been to.

I've been to Tuscany (Florence, Siena, Pisa, Livorno), Lazio (Rome), Umbria (Perugia, Todi), Campania (Naples, Pompeii) and Sicily (Palermo).

Florence was by far my favorite place in Italy. Absolutely gorgeous city with lots of history and actually is pretty interesting even beyond the monuments and stuff (it's the place out of those mentioned I would most be able to see myself living in). Siena would be my second favorite. However, I found Pisa quite underwhelming (worth going if you're in the area to see the Leaning Tower and the Cathedral, but seemed pretty boring beyond that), and I did not care for Sicily at all. Naples probably has the most beautiful natural landscape in all of Italy, definitely so out of the places I've been too. I've only seen comparable landscape in terms of beauty in Southern Bavaria/Salzburg state and the Rhone-Alpes region in France.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 03:18:49 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 03:24:08 AM by Lechasseur »

And what's your opinion of Louisiana?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies