PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:16:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 292175 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5375 on: October 25, 2022, 11:07:07 PM »

Joe Biden has moments of incoherence while Fetterman had moments of coherence. He actually would've won this debate if his brain wasn't fried.

As someone who went from "normal" to "extremely homophobic" in the span of a few months, I wouldn't talk about other people's brain being fried
kwabbit

« Reply #5376 on: October 25, 2022, 11:07:28 PM »

Lol 47/50 of the last posts have been arguing against Oz winning the debate.

Oz obviously won. The only people who say that he didn't win are the posters completely incapable of acknowledging something was bad for the Democrats and Fetterman stan Sawx.

Yes, Oz made a gaffe on abortion that is capable of hurting him, but the tape of him saying abortion is murder has been broadcast millions upon millions of times already, so who knows if that'll be impactful.

We can't know how it affect things until there's polling/e-day, but the prior should obviously that it helps Oz a bit, with a tie or a big victory being with the realm of possibility.

I've said consistently that Fetterman did poorly in the debate. He did not capitalize on issues that he could have, and he absolutely failed on the fracking question. All I said was that nobody "won" or accomplished their goals.

Dr. Oz needed to not come off as a desperate, unlikeable asshole. He came off like a desperate, unlikeable asshole. He also endorsed giving Doug Mastriano the right to make decisions on a woman's right to choose.

If you want to distract from your candidate's abortion gaffe, go right ahead, but don't misrepresent my positions in order to make your point.

Yes, you said no one won. It's basically impossible to say that Fetterman won, so the hacks (not you) are saying no one won. I think it's reasonable to say that Oz did not do well, but it's a stretch to say he did as bad as Fetterman did.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5377 on: October 25, 2022, 11:10:23 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5378 on: October 25, 2022, 11:19:20 PM »

I honesty don't get people who make donations this late in the game, you're essentially just burning your money.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5379 on: October 25, 2022, 11:27:18 PM »

Yes, you said no one won. It's basically impossible to say that Fetterman won, so the hacks (not you) are saying no one won. I think it's reasonable to say that Oz did not do well, but it's a stretch to say he did as bad as Fetterman did.

I'm not focused on the dick-measuring contest on who did worse. I'm focused on how the voters will see it. Most of the highlights, from local and national media, are how the debate focused on personal attacks rather than policy. That does not look good for Oz either.

There's a difference between saying "abortion is murder" and literally tying yourself to the state GOP's extreme position on abortion.
kwabbit

« Reply #5380 on: October 25, 2022, 11:48:03 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2022, 11:53:58 PM by kwabbit »

I'm not focused on the dick-measuring contest on who did worse. I'm focused on how the voters will see it. Most of the highlights, from local and national media, are how the debate focused on personal attacks rather than policy. That does not look good for Oz either.

There's a difference between saying "abortion is murder" and literally tying yourself to the state GOP's extreme position on abortion.

Politics is zero sum, so the dick measuring contest does matter.

I think Oz saying "abortion is murder" is much more damaging to him than his comment tonight. Maybe if he invoked Doug Mastriano it would be, but awkwardly including local officials when trying to make a twist on the 'between a woman and her doctor' line doesn't compare.

I mean saying abortion is murder is pretty much the maximally worst thing to say. It would have obviously been worse if Oz said abortion was murder again.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5381 on: October 25, 2022, 11:59:02 PM »

As someone who didn’t watch the debate and hasn’t been paying nearly as much attention to this race as many of you (which, considering I don’t live in Pennsylvania, makes sense) it sounds like the debate was painful to watch unless you’re an Oz supporter who enjoys watching someone with a disability struggle in front of a live audience.

Anyway, it seems the worst gaffe for Fetterman was on fracking while the worst for Oz was on abortion. Ultimately I fear that the former will cost Fetterman the election, but if that is the case at least it will be “understandable” in a material sense as something that alienates voters, as opposed to Pennsylvanians actively endorsing the Oz campaign’s sick cruelty.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #5382 on: October 26, 2022, 12:04:43 AM »

you are just able-ist like most rethugs here

What the hell is "ableist"? I keep hearing this new term thrown around by the left.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5383 on: October 26, 2022, 12:07:49 AM »

What the hell is "ableist"? I keep hearing this new term thrown around by the left.

Have you heard of this “new” bill called the Americans with Disabilities Act? It was signed into law by *checks notes* President George H.W. Bush.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #5384 on: October 26, 2022, 12:24:15 AM »

Have you heard of this “new” bill called the Americans with Disabilities Act? It was signed into law by *checks notes* President George H.W. Bush.

Wait a minute, are you trying to say that if a person has a disability that shouldn't be allowed to factor into someone's voting preference?
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #5385 on: October 26, 2022, 12:32:16 AM »

Wait a minute, are you trying to say that if a person has a disability that shouldn't be allowed to factor into someone's voting preference?

Exactly. If you had to vote for a pilot and argued that the leading candidate's blindness could be an issue, that would make you an "ableist". Shame on you!

Anyway, If abortion is the only thing that Dems can point to as a winning issue here then they've already lost. Could someone remind me what the gap is between abortion and inflation or crime on those "most important issue" polls? I seem to remember the difference falls somewhere between "enormous" and "gargantuan". Trying to win by making the election about abortion is like trying to repair the Titanic with your chewing gum.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5386 on: October 26, 2022, 12:34:42 AM »

Obviously Oz won the debate... he spoke clearly and gave multiple specific answers, while making sure to moderate and reach out across the aisle. He did come across as smarmy with his facial expressions, but overall seemed prepared and competent. You have to be a complete and utter hack to say that this debate was a tie.

Here are two of my previous comments on Oz vs Fetterman:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=412776.msg8802992#msg8802992

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=412776.msg8746939#msg8746939

Compared to when I made these comment, Oz came across far far better than he did before, and Fetterman looks like dogsh!t.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5387 on: October 26, 2022, 12:39:15 AM »

Obviously Oz won the debate... he spoke clearly and gave multiple specific answers, while making sure to moderate and reach out across the aisle. He did come across as smarmy with his facial expressions, but overall seemed prepared and competent. You have to be a complete and utter hack to say that this debate was a tie.

Here are two of my previous comments on Oz vs Fetterman:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=412776.msg8802992#msg8802992

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=412776.msg8746939#msg8746939

Compared to when I made these comment, Oz came across far far better than he did before, and Fetterman looks like dogsh!t.

Not just this, but many of Fetterman's staunchest supporters are saying that he actually won the debate and that Oz derived no benefit from it. They believe that voters will sympathize more with Fetterman and will reward him with their votes.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #5388 on: October 26, 2022, 12:47:55 AM »

You guys watched a debate? That’s crazy.

Well, back to eating 64 slices of American cheese.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #5389 on: October 26, 2022, 12:52:23 AM »

Exactly. If you had to vote for a pilot and argued that the leading candidate's blindness could be an issue, that would make you an "ableist". Shame on you!

Anyway, If abortion is the only thing that Dems can point to as a winning issue here then they've already lost. Could someone remind me what the gap is between abortion and inflation or crime on those "most important issue" polls? I seem to remember the difference falls somewhere between "enormous" and "gargantuan". Trying to win by making the election about abortion is like trying to repair the Titanic with your chewing gum.

Pat Ryan made his election entirely about abortion.  The biggest reason Dems have started dragging in the polls the last two weeks is they lost this focus on abortion.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5390 on: October 26, 2022, 01:01:43 AM »

Having a stroke is absolutely scary and takes time. However, that means in Fetterman's case is that he should relax and rest. He is making some recovery, let him get all of it first before entaking one of the most stressful jobs in the world and potentially harming himself further.

A lot of conservatives are starting to get suspicious about his wife. I never really bought this theory but I am starting to consider it now. What if the plan was to get Fetterman in, have him resign, and Shapiro appoint his wife to the seat?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #5391 on: October 26, 2022, 01:02:50 AM »

Having a stroke is absolutely scary and takes time. However, that means in Fetterman's case is that he should relax and rest. He is making some recovery, let him get all of it first before entaking one of the most stressful jobs in the world and potentially harming himself further.

A lot of conservatives are starting to get suspicious about his wife. I never really bought this theory but I am starting to consider it now. What if the plan was to get Fetterman in, have him resign, and Shapiro appoint his wife to the seat?

what
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #5392 on: October 26, 2022, 01:07:27 AM »

Of all the galaxy-brained takes I've heard this evening
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5393 on: October 26, 2022, 01:19:31 AM »

sounds more based than Lambchin
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5394 on: October 26, 2022, 01:23:56 AM »

You think that Fetterman's wife has some master plan to have the unstoppable power of a... *checks notes* ...wife of a US Senator?

Lay off the hooch, and stick to the Arizona ice teas.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #5395 on: October 26, 2022, 01:35:50 AM »

Please run on this ableist, Game of Thrones-level fairytale nonsense. I'm begging you.
JM1295
Rookie
United States
« Reply #5396 on: October 26, 2022, 01:36:59 AM »

Idk if it's just me reading rhis post at 2:30 AM, but the logic here is absolutely hilarious and out of this world. Not only does Gisele have these secret ulterior motives, despite never holding or seeking elected office, but somehow Shapiro is in on it and would appoint her to the seat? Instead of the many other options available with experience in PA and with the deep bench Democrats have in the state?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #5397 on: October 26, 2022, 01:41:23 AM »

The weird conspiracy theories around Gisele Fetterman are absolutely hilarious to me, no idea how they came to be so widely accepted among conservatives online.
UncleSam

« Reply #5398 on: October 26, 2022, 01:51:39 AM »

Didn't watch the debate but based on the takes it seems like Oz predictably came off as smarmy and out-of-touch but it didn't matter because Fetterman is not able to speak like a functional adult as of now (or will be able to in the future?).

I'm kinda surprised that Fettermans' team even opted into this debate tbh, it would've looked awful yes but if this was the alternative I kinda feel like he blew most of his chances tonight with basically no time or options to get the momentum back.

I'd rate this as Lean R at this point, Oz wins by 2-4 imo.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #5399 on: October 26, 2022, 03:09:08 AM »

Holy crudités. The debate was so insufferable I couldn’t even make it past the 15 minute mark.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies