PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:57:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 293786 times)
jd7171
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4900 on: October 19, 2022, 11:29:30 PM »

I figure I would offer my two cents on what's going on here in Cambria and Indiana counties. Many pundits feel that Fetterman will do better with WWC voters here. So far, I can say that I have no clue what will happen in Cambria. Maybe he will do a point or two better at most. Nobody really has any yard signs up. I work in Johnstown and Fetterman does have support here as far as signs go but there probably not even 10 signs total between the two of them. When he was here last week 300 people showed up, which surprised me. I feel more confident about an overperformance in Indiana county mostly because of visible signs. There are more Fetterman signs than there were ever Biden signs in 2020, in Indiana borough.  Oz still lags Mastriano in signs and it's not close in both counties, for a long time there were no signs. On an interesting note, I went to high school with Oz's campaign manager. He was a year behind me.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4901 on: October 20, 2022, 01:37:28 AM »

Shapiro-Oz voter found!

She even looks like she eats crayons
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4902 on: October 20, 2022, 07:07:45 AM »

Those cholesterol numbers are amazing.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4903 on: October 20, 2022, 07:59:05 AM »

I figure I would offer my two cents on what's going on here in Cambria and Indiana counties. Many pundits feel that Fetterman will do better with WWC voters here. So far, I can say that I have no clue what will happen in Cambria. Maybe he will do a point or two better at most. Nobody really has any yard signs up. I work in Johnstown and Fetterman does have support here as far as signs go but there probably not even 10 signs total between the two of them. When he was here last week 300 people showed up, which surprised me. I feel more confident about an overperformance in Indiana county mostly because of visible signs. There are more Fetterman signs than there were ever Biden signs in 2020, in Indiana borough.  Oz still lags Mastriano in signs and it's not close in both counties, for a long time there were no signs. On an interesting note, I went to high school with Oz's campaign manager. He was a year behind me.

Thanks for this. It's hard not to get optimistic about Fetterman's chances in these more red areas, especially given the enthusiasm that he seems to bring. From what I can tell, is Oz even doing anything in these areas?

I think there is definitely a case to be made right now regarding both - Fetterman seems to be taking Philly for granted a bit (still unhappy that there's only been 1 event here in the last month+), but Oz at the same time seems to be taking the red areas for granted too - assuming that just because they went for Trump by blood red margins that they'll turnout for him too. Which is certainly possible, but at the same time, you don't even have a GOP Governor campaign trying to GOTV for you at the same time. Oz has seemingly made more a concerted effort to peel away voters with these one-off events in Philly and other suburban counties.

At least on the signs front, it seems like Fetterman has enthusiasm in both red and blue counties. (signs don't vote, i know), but interesting that Oz seems to lack enthusiasm in signs in both red and blue counties on the opposite end.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4904 on: October 20, 2022, 08:08:50 AM »

Thanks for this. It's hard not to get optimistic about Fetterman's chances in these more red areas, especially given the enthusiasm that he seems to bring. From what I can tell, is Oz even doing anything in these areas?

I think there is definitely a case to be made right now regarding both - Fetterman seems to be taking Philly for granted a bit (still unhappy that there's only been 1 event here in the last month+), but Oz at the same time seems to be taking the red areas for granted too - assuming that just because they went for Trump by blood red margins that they'll turnout for him too. Which is certainly possible, but at the same time, you don't even have a GOP Governor campaign trying to GOTV for you at the same time. Oz has seemingly made more a concerted effort to peel away voters with these one-off events in Philly and other suburban counties.

At least on the signs front, it seems like Fetterman has enthusiasm in both red and blue counties. (signs don't vote, i know), but interesting that Oz seems to lack enthusiasm in signs in both red and blue counties on the opposite end.

Fetterman does feel like an incumbent trying to battle off a “anybody but Fetterman” campaign.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4905 on: October 20, 2022, 09:31:16 AM »

Shapiro-Oz voter found!

She even looks like she eats crayons

She reminds me of the pussy hat wearing #Resistence fighter who the Detroit Free Press interviewed at a John James rally two years ago "because he sounds like he's preaching when he talks!"
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #4906 on: October 20, 2022, 09:47:16 AM »

Shapiro-Oz voter found!

Funny enough they found her in 2018 too:

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4907 on: October 20, 2022, 09:48:59 AM »

What are the odds that they found her twice to interview? lol

Though if the good sis was open to hearing what Trump was about in 2016, then her being open to Oz now is not unsurprising.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4908 on: October 20, 2022, 09:54:09 AM »

Incredibly damning for Oz - an actual drug counselor sat with him on a panel - and the way he handled the panel actually persuaded him *away* from Oz

kwabbit

« Reply #4909 on: October 20, 2022, 09:58:45 AM »

Sarah Gibson appears to be a Trump/Toomey/Wolf/Casey/Biden/Shapiro/Oz voter.

Hilarious coincidence that she was found twice. As ridiculous as she seems, she’s the type of voter who decides our elections.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4910 on: October 20, 2022, 10:12:16 AM »

Sarah Gibson appears to be a Trump/Toomey/Wolf/Casey/Biden/Shapiro/Oz voter.

Hilarious coincidence that she was found twice. As ridiculous as she seems, she’s the type of voter who decides our elections.

It's like a much lamer version of that Nat Geo girl with the amazing eyes. 
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #4911 on: October 20, 2022, 10:28:00 AM »

Rumor making the rounds (I haven't been able to confirm yet) is that there's a poll showing the PA-12 race within the margin of error, apparently due to both Summer Lee's vulnerabilities and confusion about incumbent Mike Doyle/Republican candidate Mike Doyle. The top of the ticket races are said to be closer to baseline partisanship/in line with expectations so it seems to be unique to the weird factors at hand in the Congressional race.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #4912 on: October 20, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »

Shapiro-Oz voter found!

These are the people who make me think we could get Kelly/Hobbs (maybe)/Finchem/Hamadeh, lol
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4913 on: October 20, 2022, 10:36:08 AM »

We are here to see the Senator, the Despicable Senator Oz!
kwabbit

« Reply #4914 on: October 20, 2022, 10:36:53 AM »

Rumor making the rounds (I haven't been able to confirm yet) is that there's a poll showing the PA-12 race within the margin of error, apparently due to both Summer Lee's vulnerabilities and confusion about incumbent Mike Doyle/Republican candidate Mike Doyle. The top of the ticket races are said to be closer to baseline partisanship/in line with expectations so it seems to be unique to the weird factors at hand in the Congressional race.

You should also post this in the thread I made about that issue. It sounds so ridiculous and people were quick to dismiss, but the Mike Doyles are having an effect.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4915 on: October 20, 2022, 10:38:37 AM »

You should also post this in the thread I made about that issue. It sounds so ridiculous and people were quick to dismiss, but the Mike Doyles are having an effect.

Getting Mike Doyle'd has a nice ring to it. 
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4916 on: October 20, 2022, 02:13:39 PM »

BREAKING: Fetterman actually owns a suit and tie!

Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #4917 on: October 20, 2022, 02:25:48 PM »

If true, I called it!
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4918 on: October 20, 2022, 05:07:57 PM »

Who told Fetterman it would be a good idea to campaign with a deeply unpopular President?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4919 on: October 20, 2022, 05:17:03 PM »

Who told Fetterman it would be a good idea to campaign with a deeply unpopular President?

Seemed to work out pretty well for Trump-backed candidates Tongue

(Well, sometimes anyway)
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4920 on: October 20, 2022, 05:33:05 PM »

Incredibly damning for Oz - an actual drug counselor sat with him on a panel - and the way he handled the panel actually persuaded him *away* from Oz

Sounds like Dr. Öz really pulled a Drumpf on the counselor
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4921 on: October 20, 2022, 07:15:22 PM »

I was looking through election results on DRA and one race that stood out to me was the 2020 Auditor General Election which was pretty remarkably polarized despite being a relatively low-profile race. The Republican ultimately won the race by about 3 points.

What stoof out to me specifically was in that race, the Republican actually outperformed Trump in rural PA which so far has been quite unusual given that there really didn't seem to be any particularly weird dynamics in this race.

The reason I bring this up is because I kinda always assumed win or lose, Fetterman would probably do better than Biden in significant swaths of rural PA but now that I found another example, I am taking that as less of a given.

Does anyone know if there were specific circumstances that allowed the Republican to do this? Would Oz have the ability to outperform Trump in places like Luzurne and Cambria Counties?
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #4922 on: October 20, 2022, 07:38:41 PM »

I was looking through election results on DRA and one race that stood out to me was the 2020 Auditor General Election which was pretty remarkably polarized despite being a relatively low-profile race. The Republican ultimately won the race by about 3 points.

What stoof out to me specifically was in that race, the Republican actually outperformed Trump in rural PA which so far has been quite unusual given that there really didn't seem to be any particularly weird dynamics in this race.

The reason I bring this up is because I kinda always assumed win or lose, Fetterman would probably do better than Biden in significant swaths of rural PA but now that I found another example, I am taking that as less of a given.

Does anyone know if there were specific circumstances that allowed the Republican to do this? Would Oz have the ability to outperform Trump in places like Luzurne and Cambria Counties?

Cambria and Luzerne are or are in small metros, not predominantly rural. Ahmad underperformed Biden across the board with a few very strange exceptions (Lackawanna; so much for Scranton Joe), but clearly underperformed the most in suburbs both of the two P blobs and the aforementioned smaller metros (see also Harrisburg, Reading, etc). Sadly it seems that the sort of suburban above-it-alls stuck in an ancient conception of partisanship who see themselves as Heroes of Bipartisanship by checking random boxes for the GOP downballot were in full force here, which may have been compounded by "identity issues" (read: bigoted suburban resentment) surrounding Ahmad above policy concerns given that Joe Torsella did better on the same ballot but still lost re-election.

Pat Toomey tended to underperform in the small metros and actual rural areas but overperform among that demographic in genteel P blob land, but with Oz' particular weaknesses and the Fetterman campaign's strength in attacking him from every angle for everyone I think it'll be a wash as far as the numbers are concerned.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4923 on: October 20, 2022, 07:45:08 PM »

don't y'all ever get tired of trying to find every little mix-up or mistake? are you a perfect human being who says everything perfectly? it's just sad at this point.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4924 on: October 20, 2022, 07:48:38 PM »

don't y'all ever get tired of trying to find every little mix-up or mistake? are you a perfect human being who says everything perfectly? it's just sad at this point.

Tbf I felt like the media did this with Trump to an excessive degree.  Yes, he said Revolutionary War airport, yes it sounded dumb, no it wasn't worth a front page spread on CNN's website. 
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies