PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:02:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290062 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4450 on: October 09, 2022, 04:50:35 PM »

Those in PA: What exactly have Fetterman's camp et al been running on the airwaves?  Political news has jumped between a bunch of stuff over the last few weeks; what's the narrative the actual campaign is going with?

Uhh...not as much as you'd probably want if you're a Fetterman-backer.  I'd say it's still about 65:35 Oz-Fetterman right now.

The only regular pro-Fetterman ad has been hitting Oz on his pushing of questionable health regiments.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4451 on: October 09, 2022, 04:57:20 PM »

Those in PA: What exactly have Fetterman's camp et al been running on the airwaves?  Political news has jumped between a bunch of stuff over the last few weeks; what's the narrative the actual campaign is going with?

Uhh...not as much as you'd probably want if you're a Fetterman-backer.  I'd say it's still about 65:35 Oz-Fetterman right now.

The only regular pro-Fetterman ad has been hitting Oz on his pushing of questionable health regiments.

This isn't true. I've definitely seen a shift over the last few weeks of Oz dominating the airwaves to now at the very least, parity. All the times I've been in front of TV for a decent amount of time, it was either equal or a small Fetterman edge.

The pro-Fetterman ad about Oz's magical diet pills and stuff has been running a lot, and it seems at least last week/the last two weeks the other main ad has been the one in conjunction with the DSCC that backs Fetterman's support of law enforcement with the Montco cop doing a direct to camera bit.

SMP has also been pushing the direct to camera ad with the nurse who says Oz will ban abortions, with his "abortion is murder" clip

I'd say they're due for a new ad though.

SLF may have a new one out, but the only Oz one I've seen is his latest from his campaign, the one that he used Jim Gardner and says Fetterman wants injection sites, and has clips of Oz somewhere looking like he's talking to addicts
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4452 on: October 09, 2022, 04:58:46 PM »

Those in PA: What exactly have Fetterman's camp et al been running on the airwaves?  Political news has jumped between a bunch of stuff over the last few weeks; what's the narrative the actual campaign is going with?

Uhh...not as much as you'd probably want if you're a Fetterman-backer.  I'd say it's still about 65:35 Oz-Fetterman right now.

This isn't true. I've definitely seen a sh**t over the last few weeks of Oz dominating the airwaves to now at the very least, parity. All the times I've been in front of TV for a decent amount of time, it was either equal or a small Fetterman edge.

The pro-Fetterman ad about Oz's magical diet pills and stuff has been running a lot, and it seems at least last week/the last two weeks the other main ad has been the one in conjunction with the DSCC that backs Fetterman's support of law enforcement with the Montco cop doing a direct to camera bit.

SMP has also been pushing the direct to camera ad with the nurse who says Oz will ban abortions, with his "abortion is murder" clip

I'd say they're due for a new ad though.

To be fair I'm only watching TV for football, baseball, and The Cleaning Lady.

Wait, scratch that last one.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4453 on: October 09, 2022, 05:01:00 PM »

Has Oz drawn a crowd anywhere of any size?

Not recently. He doesn't seem to be doing any real decent sized public events at this point. Retail politicking will help you, but this late in the game, you can't rely on it and that seems to be what he's doing.

He has spent a decent amount of time doing things here and there around in Philly in the last month, which I find interesting bc while I guess he presumes he can cut into the margin here, you wold think he would be spending more time either in A) red areas to shore up the GOP vote or B) suburban areas. It doesn't seem like he's spent much of any time in super red areas.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4454 on: October 09, 2022, 06:15:22 PM »

I spent the weekend in Philly, and every single commercial was for either Fetterman or Oz. 50/50 split.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4455 on: October 10, 2022, 08:21:45 AM »

I completely forgot to go to the rally yesterday, but I'm not too beat up about it because I saw him in Montco last month. That crowd looks huge though, and the crowd in Montco was also huge.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4456 on: October 10, 2022, 08:34:31 AM »

I completely forgot to go to the rally yesterday, but I'm not too beat up about it because I saw him in Montco last month. That crowd looks huge though, and the crowd in Montco was also huge.

Yep, there was 3,000+ in Montco. Was upset I couldn't go to that one.

Hoping he does one in Center City/Philly before the end. Would be nice to get a joint one with Shapiro here or something.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4457 on: October 10, 2022, 08:52:49 AM »

Senate Majority PAC is up with a new ad on Oz and abortion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfPLp6OIS0
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4458 on: October 10, 2022, 10:29:34 AM »

Based Mastriano?

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4459 on: October 10, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4460 on: October 10, 2022, 10:51:43 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2022, 11:01:29 AM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

Hoping he does one in Center City/Philly before the end. Would be nice to get a joint one with Shapiro here or something.

I'd probably go to that one if I could swing it with my schedule.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4461 on: October 10, 2022, 10:56:57 AM »

I'd probably go that one if I could swing it with my schedule.

I would think the PA Convention Center in Center City would be a natural fit, or near Independence Hall where Shapiro did his rally in June.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4462 on: October 10, 2022, 10:59:41 AM »

This is good; funny thing is you would think Oz would've stopped saying these things a month ago but he's still is from what I can tell.

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4463 on: October 10, 2022, 11:19:45 AM »

Really great article on Fetterman and his recovery in New York Magazine's Intelligencer:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/john-fetterman-dr-oz-pennsylvania-senate-race.html?utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=nym&utm_medium=s1
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #4464 on: October 10, 2022, 05:39:48 PM »

Starting to see some anti-Oz ads from Schumer's PAC now. I'd be interested in going to a Fetterman rally too if he comes back to Center City. Not even because I support him, but just out of general curiosity. I went to Biden's whenever he announced and was so disappointed they blasted Born in the USA.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4465 on: October 10, 2022, 05:43:39 PM »

Starting to see some anti-Oz ads from Schumer's PAC now. I'd be interested in going to a Fetterman rally too if he comes back to Center City. Not even because I support him, but just out of general curiosity. I went to Biden's whenever he announced and was so disappointed they blasted Born in the USA.

Always interesting when campaigns use that song bc it's almost as though they've never actually listened to the lyrics.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4466 on: October 10, 2022, 05:46:09 PM »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.

Did Mastriano just finally have a broken clock moment? I almost appreciate that honesty out of him. What's next? Is he going to declare that Biden and Democrats don't actually control gas prices and inflation rates?

Always interesting when campaigns use that song bc it's almost as though they've never actually listened to the lyrics.

You're preaching to the New Jersey choir here!
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4467 on: October 10, 2022, 05:50:54 PM »

It's the same with Neil Young's "Keep On Rockin' in the Free World" which is pretty anti-Reagan/Bush. No excuse for Born in the USA though. That one's obvious if you pay even the smallest attention.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fetterman does a big Philly rally next Sunday considering the Eagles don't play until later that night.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4468 on: October 10, 2022, 05:51:11 PM »

Was it the abortion one with the nurse direct to camera or their new one?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4469 on: October 10, 2022, 09:54:43 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2022, 10:03:18 PM by DTC »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.

Did Mastriano just finally have a broken clock moment? I almost appreciate that honesty out of him. What's next? Is he going to declare that Biden and Democrats don't actually control gas prices and inflation rates?

Democrats have a lot of impact on inflation rates. While it is too late to change anything about inflation in the next month, they could have reduced inflation by doing the following things:
  • Austerity measures instead of the inflationary American Rescue Plan -- raising taxes or cutting spending instead of increasing spending.
  • Not extended the rent moratorium well past its due date
  • Not increased unemployment payments
  • Not defer student loan payments
  • Cut regulations, specifically licensing requirements
  • Increase and encourage the usage of fracking
  • Encourage the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates sooner

The gaslighting and sheer ignorance by the democratic party on the topic of inflation is why I am swapping from a Biden/Ossoff/Warnock vote into a Kemp/Libertarian/Drew Ferguson vote this November. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Inflation was inevitable from the actions taken in 2020, but it didn't have to be this bad. This inflation is not transitory.

Edit: As far as this race goes, I'm expecting Fetterman to beat Dr. Oz right now, unless it's a big GOP wave year. Oz comes across as awkward and non-authentic. Fetterman is having issues with extremism perception on the topic of crime, but otherwise is relatively charismatic. I think it will have to be a GOP + 4 year or better for Oz to win.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4470 on: October 10, 2022, 10:56:55 PM »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.

Democrats have a lot of impact on inflation rates. While it is too late to change anything about inflation in the next month, they could have reduced inflation by doing the following things:
  • Austerity measures instead of the inflationary American Rescue Plan -- raising taxes or cutting spending instead of increasing spending.

The gaslighting and sheer ignorance by the democratic party on the topic of inflation is why I am swapping from a Biden/Ossoff/Warnock vote into a Kemp/Libertarian/Drew Ferguson vote this November. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Inflation was inevitable from the actions taken in 2020, but it didn't have to be this bad. This inflation is not transitory.

Edit: As far as this race goes, I'm expecting Fetterman to beat Dr. Oz right now, unless it's a big GOP wave year. Oz comes across as awkward and non-authentic. Fetterman is having issues with extremism perception on the topic of crime, but otherwise is relatively charismatic. I think it will have to be a GOP + 4 year or better for Oz to win.

'Democrats could have implemented austerity measures'

No, the could not.
UncleSam

« Reply #4471 on: October 11, 2022, 12:50:54 AM »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.

This is pretty much how I feel, though I do think it’s not any particular Dem senators’ fault all that much. It is really mostly Biden’s inept economic policy that has caused this. The self-righteousness and gaslighting that comes from Dems on this is pretty infuriating though. It’s unfortunate that these things often then rebound on Dem senators who had little to do with the bad decisions that led to such an unfavorable environment in the first place.

Though who knows, abortion may yet save the senate for Dems. It does feel oddly like abortion is fading at just the wrong time, though.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4472 on: October 11, 2022, 06:35:11 AM »

@wbrocks (and my other PA-based peeps): Idk about you, but if I have hear that intentionally-corny "it's time to vote, PA" jingle again, I'm gonna put my phone through my TV. 

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4473 on: October 11, 2022, 08:07:42 AM »

@wbrocks (and my other PA-based peeps): Idk about you, but if I have hear that intentionally-corny "it's time to vote, PA" jingle again, I'm gonna put my phone through my TV. 

I've never heard that. Maybe my brain is just fried at this point. The worst ads I've seen are the Andy Kim ones with his family staring blankly at the camera holding fishing poles.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4474 on: October 11, 2022, 08:25:12 AM »

I've never heard that. Maybe my brain is just fried at this point. The worst ads I've seen are the Andy Kim ones with his family staring blankly at the camera holding fishing poles.

I kinda like the one where he's at a restaurant or cafe with them.  It gives him cool dad vibes!
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies