PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:38:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 287461 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3275 on: August 15, 2022, 09:10:26 AM »

Wow, as one with a heart condition, Fetterman most definitely sounds like he has one, and one that is worse than mine. He is really struggling to find the air to speak, which is what happens when you heart is not pumping enough oxygen into your blood. Very sad. I empathize with the man.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1559000551576244226

Not sure if this is terrible concern trolling, or what, but this guy posting this video is clearly a GOP hack, also mocking stroke survivors is not cool whatsoever.

As a stroke survivor, Fetterman seems to be doing his best and improving.

Sad that Oz and the GOP have nothing better to attack him on than his recovery.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3276 on: August 15, 2022, 10:16:25 AM »

...and so it begins?

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3277 on: August 15, 2022, 10:24:10 AM »

Wow, as one with a heart condition, Fetterman most definitely sounds like he has one, and one that is worse than mine. He is really struggling to find the air to speak, which is what happens when you heart is not pumping enough oxygen into your blood. Very sad. I empathize with the man.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1559000551576244226

Listening to the whole thing, he doesn't seem in a particularly bad way. What's hard though about heart issues is you can't always tell on the outside how severe (or not) something may be. I think it is fair to say he doesn't seem quite as sharp as he was pre-stroke but he's pretty close which is good a few months after a stroke; strokes can knock people out for a long time.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3278 on: August 15, 2022, 10:27:01 AM »

They'd be foolish to triage Oz when even Democrats admit the race is likely to tighten.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3279 on: August 15, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »

They'd be foolish to triage Oz when even Democrats admit the race is likely to tighten.

I think it will tighten simply b/c GOP will come home for Oz, but in the general sense of the campaign... things seem to keep getting worse for him otherwise.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #3280 on: August 15, 2022, 11:07:14 AM »

Honest question, do Fetterman's health issues matter and if they do why? The people of Pennsylvania are hiring someone to represent them in the Senate, not to do construction.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3281 on: August 15, 2022, 11:11:28 AM »

If Republicans don't like the whole NJ attack line then Oz should not keep giving him fodder to do so.

I don't think anyone who doesn't live in PA realizes just how bad this video is for Oz. Not only is he complaining about "crudites", but he couldn't even be bothered to get the name right of two big PA supermarket chains (Redners, where he's at, is even more local than Wegmans is, since that one has gone to some other states)

His team really couldn't of just made sure he got the name right and filmed it a second time? He's literally proving that he's not from PA and doesn't care to get it right either...

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3282 on: August 15, 2022, 11:43:25 AM »

what the 's a crudite
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3283 on: August 15, 2022, 11:44:45 AM »

Clearly, someone who believes in crud. Wink
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3284 on: August 15, 2022, 11:51:17 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2022, 11:56:05 AM by Trumbull County #Populist for Tim Ryan »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a candidate be so blatantly brown-nosed towards voters as Oz is. There are much better ways to talk about inflation than film yourself in the grocery store picking up random vegetables, but he so transparently wants to seem relatable and thus goes to absurd lengths to curry favor with voters and it just looks pathetic. The campaign from both sides in this race has been pretty embarrassing with Oz’s mishaps and then the awkward ways to pile on. In any case, Oz would probably be better served giving speeches and interviews than continuing to embarrass himself. As others have said, it’s almost like he makes it too easy to mock him, but Democrats need to be careful to run on things other than mocking Oz like concrete policy proposals.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3285 on: August 15, 2022, 12:06:59 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2022, 12:10:32 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Users don't understand the appeal of Fetterman, Barnes and Ryan females are voting for D's, why do you think Newsom and Ryan are winning just like DeSantis they are good looking and the MTP already said D's can win red states and purple states in 22 because of the decline of HS Diploma not College Grads, that's why we won 65 M votes in 2018 and Brown won OH Senate and we didn't win OH in 2020 with Trump on the ballot the same holds true in 22 the rural vote decreases with Trump isn't on the ballot the same with KY, more college grads voted for Beshear than Bevin case closed Oz loses

Steve Konraki already has WI, PA, OG, NC, FL, AZ and NV as Tossups it doesn't matter about ratings the maps are blank on EDay and good for Cook that has WI as Tossup, we will get a MQK poll on W showing Barnes up 47/43 and Evers up 49/45 like last time Barnes up 46/34 and Evers up 48/40

Johnson isn't the fav he won only by 3 pts he never matched Tammy Baldwin number of 10 she won by in 2018

D's have 50 seats Rs have 42 WI, GA, OH, FL, NC, are Tossup and IA,O and UT are competing but tilt R
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3286 on: August 15, 2022, 12:10:20 PM »

Given Fetterman's clear health issues, I kind of wish we had nominated Lamb or Kenyatta.

Either of them would also be destroying Oz, and we wouldn't be running the risk of an incumbent dying halfway through a term and a Governor Mastriano appointing his replacement.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3287 on: August 15, 2022, 12:16:29 PM »

Given Fetterman's clear health issues, I kind of wish we had nominated Lamb or Kenyatta.

Either of them would also be destroying Oz, and we wouldn't be running the risk of an incumbent dying halfway through a term and a Governor Mastriano appointing his replacement.

If Fetterman wins, Mastriano ain't winning.  The two outcomes are not independent.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3288 on: August 15, 2022, 12:20:59 PM »

If Fetterman wins, Mastriano ain't winning.  The two outcomes are not independent.

I'll disagree with you, if only because Mastriano is running a competent campaign and Oz isn't even trying to run a competent campaign. Based on that alone, I could see a split decision in Pennsylvania.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3289 on: August 15, 2022, 12:26:27 PM »

Good God, if this dolt actually does end up winning despite the dumpster fire of a candidate he is, I'm moving out of this state and never setting foot in it again... maybe lol.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3290 on: August 15, 2022, 12:26:38 PM »

I'll disagree with you, if only because Mastriano is running a competent campaign and Oz isn't even trying to run a competent campaign. Based on that alone, I could see a split decision in Pennsylvania.

Wut
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3291 on: August 15, 2022, 12:56:49 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2022, 01:00:38 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

If Republicans don't like the whole NJ attack line then Oz should not keep giving him fodder to do so.

I don't think anyone who doesn't live in PA realizes just how bad this video is for Oz. Not only is he complaining about "crudites", but he couldn't even be bothered to get the name right of two big PA supermarket chains (Redners, where he's at, is even more local than Wegmans is, since that one has gone to some other states)

His team really couldn't of just made sure he got the name right and filmed it a second time? He's literally proving that he's not from PA and doesn't care to get it right either...

Isn't this at a Redner's too? Definitely doesn't have the distinctive decorations of a Wegman's.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3292 on: August 15, 2022, 12:57:35 PM »

Mastriano could win thanks to the environment, but that doesn't mean he's running a strong campaign.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3293 on: August 15, 2022, 01:04:10 PM »

Mastriano could win thanks to the environment, but that doesn't mean he's running a strong campaign.

Lol he is down 10 pts in Fox news Poll lol
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3294 on: August 15, 2022, 01:09:20 PM »

The only person that is EDay denier that can win is Lake, AZ has an R Legislature and like OH it split it's votes between Gov and Sen last time but the fact Hobbs is tied now behind in this Environment is good for Hobbs

AZ is pro gun, Ducey was a Centrist but a pro gun rights Gov
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3295 on: August 15, 2022, 01:11:01 PM »

Isn't this at a Redner's too? Definitely doesn't have the distinctive decorations of a Wegman's.

Yes, this is indeed a Redners, which are local to SEPA, which makes it all the more egregious that Oz didn't know the name and didn't even try and redo the video to get it right.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3296 on: August 15, 2022, 03:47:50 PM »

He just said at a rally he wants to turn PA into 'Northern Florida'.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3297 on: August 15, 2022, 04:07:49 PM »

Some people call the western part of the Panhandle 'Lower Alabama'. Wink
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3298 on: August 15, 2022, 04:15:50 PM »

That's still light years more competent that Oz's ineptness.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3299 on: August 15, 2022, 07:02:26 PM »

So Oz, upset that he's getting all of the backlash for his terrible supermarket stunt, decided to put that ad shown on Fox News out today, calling Fetterman "the most radical candidate in the country"

He's really just given up at this point

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies