PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:38:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290012 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2975 on: July 17, 2022, 11:13:53 AM »

Twitter is definitely not real life, and is not going to influence anyone's votes. Someone should really tell Oz's campaign this, because they need to stop.

This tweet is a heinous crime in the eyes of our most benevolent creator.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2976 on: July 17, 2022, 11:22:12 AM »

Well, and the thing is, it comes off extremely .... cold? that Oz is now pushing the "Fetterman is missing!" angle. Like, dude just had a stroke two months ago. I get that there is an argument to be made of whether he should be running then since he had a stroke, but with that being said, I think any normal person would give him some slack right now since he's still in recovery mode (and the GE is not for another 4 months, so it's not like this is Sept/Oct and Fetterman is still not campaigning)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2977 on: July 17, 2022, 11:29:12 AM »

The Rs on this Forum, assume the same since Fetterman is missing Oz despite polling is gonna win

The man just suffered a stroke there is gonna be some sympathy vote just like with Mark Kelly, Kelly is not DOA because he gets sympathy for Gabby Giffords, we assumed Lamb was gonna close ranks in the primary, but Fetterman got sympathy vote from voters especially Females and minorities
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2978 on: July 17, 2022, 01:31:27 PM »

Twitter is definitely not real life, and is not going to influence anyone's votes. Someone should really tell Oz's campaign this, because they need to stop.

This tweet is a heinous crime in the eyes of our most benevolent creator.

What an a**hole!  In any case, Fetterman is going to be a phenomenal Senator and it’s gonna be so much fun to see Pennsylvania send Dr. Oz back to New Jersey where he belongs.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2979 on: July 18, 2022, 10:12:04 AM »

Man I'm happy to see the Oz campaign getting owned on Twitter so much but for real, where the hell is Fetterman.  Can he at least do a Zoom press conference or something so we know that he's still capable of speaking in complete sentences?  It's disturbing to me that despite all the heat his campaign has taken for his absence, they haven't even had him make brief appearances just to confirm he's doing ok.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2980 on: July 18, 2022, 10:21:25 AM »

Man I'm happy to see the Oz campaign getting owned on Twitter so much but for real, where the hell is Fetterman.  Can he at least do a Zoom press conference or something so we know that he's still capable of speaking in complete sentences?  It's disturbing to me that despite all the heat his campaign has taken for his absence, they haven't even had him make brief appearances just to confirm he's doing ok.

He just did a zoom call with supporters last week that was provided to the media-
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fetterman-surprises-campaign-staff-zoom-161915078.html
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2981 on: July 18, 2022, 02:44:01 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2982 on: July 18, 2022, 03:29:33 PM »

A lot of that thread is true, but why are we even talking about "KHive" or Conor Lamb supporters? 99% of Democrats have come on board. People need to start to learn to ignore these online fanbases that are literally just a few people. They don't represent more than a small # of anomalies.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2983 on: July 18, 2022, 09:04:42 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2022, 01:18:03 AM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

The Corporate Cope Clique strikes again!

A lot of that thread is true, but why are we even talking about "KHive" or Conor Lamb supporters? 99% of Democrats have come on board. People need to start to learn to ignore these online fanbases that are literally just a few people. They don't represent more than a small # of anomalies.

Ideally this should be the standard, but it just looks incredibly hypocritical when the Democratic Party spent years holding up Bernie's most divisive supporters as emblematic of the movement. I'll try to keep it short in the interest of not derailing the thread but "real life isn't Twitter" feels very disingenuous and disrespectful after 2016, 2020, and Kennedy's Senate campaign.

Or seeing people like Hillary Clinton signal-boost someone who said they wouldn't vote for Fetterman in the general, or Biden trying to make Neera Tanden happen despite literally being toxic on Twitter herself. At a surface level it doesn't matter but the double standard applied to progressives definitely does and it made a massive step in radicalizing me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2984 on: July 19, 2022, 07:06:37 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2022, 07:14:24 AM by The Address That Must Not be Named »

Man I'm happy to see the Oz campaign getting owned on Twitter so much but for real, where the hell is Fetterman.  Can he at least do a Zoom press conference or something so we know that he's still capable of speaking in complete sentences?  It's disturbing to me that despite all the heat his campaign has taken for his absence, they haven't even had him make brief appearances just to confirm he's doing ok.

The Corporate Cope Clique strikes again!

Ideally this should be the standard, but it just looks incredibly hypocritical when the Democratic Party spent years holding up Bernie's most divisive supporters as emblematic of the movement. I'll try to keep it short in the interest of not derailing the thread but "real life isn't Twitter" feels very disingenuous and disrespectful after 2016, 2020, and Kennedy's Senate campaign.

Or seeing people like Hillary Clinton signal-boost someone who said they wouldn't vote for Fetterman in the general, or Biden trying to make Neera Tanden happen despite literally being toxic on Twitter herself. At a surface level it doesn't matter but the double standard applied to progressives definitely does and it made a massive step in radicalizing me.

- Re: 2016: I get why Bernie supporters are pissed and you guys have a very legitimate grievance.  The primaries weren’t rigged and folks who say they were are either being disingenuous or don’t know what they’re talking about, but the Democratic establishment (especially DWS and the DNC) bent over backward to give Hillary every advantage the rules would allow.  I don’t blame Bernie voters for being pissed about that, but it has been over four years so maybe it’s time to let it go at this point Tongue

- 2020: I don’t think there’s a particularly legitimate grievance here.  Sanders ran a far poorer campaign, did a poorer job separating his brand from his most toxic surrogates, and lost fair and square.  

- Kennedy: No one but the House Democratic establishment was genuinely enthusiastic about Kennedy and even there, it was b/c the primary was a proxy battle between Schumer and Pelosi (specifically about Schumer/the Senate Caucus using Markey to slap down Pelosi’s efforts to encroach on their turf).  This really has nothing to do with the establishment vs. Berniecrat divide (one which I think gets exaggerated somewhat by folks on both sides for self-serving reasons*)

- Tanden: Note that no one was terribly angry at Bernie, not even Biden, when Bernie strongly implied he might torpedo Tanden’s nomination.  People only got annoyed with Manchin b/c his reasoning about Tanden being too mean to Susan Collins was clearly BS (his real reason was that Neera Tanden vocally criticized his [Manchin’s] daughter when the latter was under federal investigation for racketeering Re: the EpiPen scandal).  Everyone understood why Bernie might oppose Tanden and no one, not even the man who nominated her, would’ve blamed him for voting against that nomination.

*I’m not accusing Sawx of doing this, just to be clear

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2985 on: July 19, 2022, 07:51:39 AM »

Yeah I don't want to derail this thread further but I think there should be a note that the Bernie Bros - online and in real life - was a much more bigger issue than any of these Lamb or KHive supporters. Those have been terminally online. The Bernie Bros thing was WAY more large online and in real life (just look at the 2016 DNC in person mess). That entire thing was just a different beast, and he rightfully, imo, got flack for that.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2986 on: July 19, 2022, 11:23:00 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2022, 01:54:31 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

Fair in all parts. I would disagree with the assertion that Pelosi's endorsement was just business (Hanabusa and Lamb specifically). I think the Kennedy stuff was more of a proxy war between leadership and the Squad, but that's beside the point..

I'm less talking about relitigating primaries and more about the entire "Bernie Bro" narrative that the DNC peddled over 5 years. The movement's fringe was constantly held up as emblematic of my behavior despite evidence against that.

Stan culture is obviously going to be a thing regardless of who's running, as social media starts to center itselr. From Briahna Joy Gray and Nina Turner being #BernieOrBust to Hilary Rosen paternalizing Nina Turner to the Ozcrats in the KHive, some people are going to be lunatics. There aren't any repercussions that would come from face-to-face interaction.

The establishment created a lofty standard, where a candidate's "stans" need to be condemned and reined . Instead, the establishment has gone as far as to elevate those who participated in the toxicity! The double standard is undeniable.

While it's obvious that Bernie's surrogates that he elevated didn't help the image, this doesn't explain Kennedy. The "bullying works" tweet he cited as proof Markey supported bullying had 2 retweets and 20 likes, even after Kennedy cited it. The Bernie Bro phenomenon is a cheap, artificial attack used to paint progressives as outside the Democratic Party's coalition.

Yeah I don't want to derail this thread further but I think there should be a note that the Bernie Bros - online and in real life - was a much more bigger issue than any of these Lamb or KHive supporters. Those have been terminally online. The Bernie Bros thing was WAY more large online and in real life (just look at the 2016 DNC in person mess). That entire thing was just a different beast, and he rightfully, imo, got flack for that.

I'm not going to get into the dick-measuring contest about whose fans are the least toxic. You don't see BTS or Ariana Grande losing endorsements when their stans. You don't see Neera losing job opportunities when she's literally a stan herself!

I think it's very suspicious that stans suddenly become an issue when it's one ideology and one candidate they're supporting. Effectiveness aside, these people are impossible to control or condemn. I don't see any difference from Bernie centering Nina and Emhoff retweeting doxers or Hillary retweeting someone who regularly attacks Fetterman after the primary.

This type of talk minimizes and deflects from the issue of hypocrisy and isn't conducive to unity.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2987 on: July 19, 2022, 11:28:32 AM »

Fetterman will be back on the trail this Thursday-

SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2988 on: July 19, 2022, 11:32:15 AM »

Great news!

Glad to see our future President hale and healthy.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2989 on: July 19, 2022, 03:20:15 PM »

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2990 on: July 19, 2022, 03:29:50 PM »

People saying “Fetterman is running a campaign off Oz being a carpetbagger” is blatantly wrong because Fetterman has a campaign outside of Twitter trolling.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2991 on: July 19, 2022, 03:39:55 PM »

People saying “Fetterman is running a campaign off Oz being a carpetbagger” is blatantly wrong because Fetterman has a campaign outside of Twitter trolling.

Which is the genius of it. He's hitting on all cylinders. He's running the traditional campaign on the issues on TV, etc. for the older demo who still watches TV, while also hitting the younger demographic on social. (plus getting free earned media by doing the social stunts, which then not only reverberate on social but also on TV)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2992 on: July 19, 2022, 04:18:33 PM »

I just-

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2993 on: July 19, 2022, 05:28:40 PM »

I just-

How dastardly of them to engage in politics.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2994 on: July 19, 2022, 06:35:01 PM »

It's like the Republicans are hell-bent on making Fetterman sound as cool as possible.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2995 on: July 19, 2022, 10:31:53 PM »

Holy crap what an awful ad!

Dr. Oz says he is praying for John Fetterman....interesting. Many people are asking if he was praying to the Muslim God!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2996 on: July 19, 2022, 10:45:45 PM »

Anybody who has moobs should not be filming ads of them running to try and appeal to people. At least he wasn’t shirtless though.

Anyways I think his campaign is focusing too much on the stroke as a line of attack since that has nothing to do with how he’ll be as a senator. Hell we’ve seen races where dead candidates win.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2997 on: July 20, 2022, 07:57:22 AM »

Also, Oz really opens himself up to the NJ attacks on everything now. Even that ad of him running on a trail. My mind instantly went to - was this filmed in Jersey?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2998 on: July 20, 2022, 09:45:58 AM »

I'd say it's time to rename the thread?

Suggestions: "Mr. Braddock vs. the New Jersey Doctor"; "The 51st vote?"
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2999 on: July 20, 2022, 09:50:13 AM »