PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:39:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 284191 times)
Pink Panther

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: May 04, 2021, 08:23:58 PM »

Rescenthaler endorses Parnell
I was certain he was running for Senate. Welp, Parnell isn't a terrible candidate, I guess.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #876 on: May 04, 2021, 09:38:18 PM »

We’re still making electability arguments? Even when several progressive Democrats overperformed Biden and quite a few moderate Democrats (including Lamb) underperformed him? I could easily see Lamb being a Patrick Murphy-esque dud as a Senate candidate, so I don’t get why people are so sure he’d be such a terrific candidate, but either way, primaries should be about who has the best ideas and is the best at selling them, i.e. a time for debate, not a time to shut down the debate because we “know” who the most electable candidate is. I’d obviously prefer Lamb to a Republican, but Democrats should not want another Sinema in the Senate.

I mean, if we're making arguments about who is best at effectively selling their views then WWC LARPer John Fetterman shouldn't even be seriously considered for the nomination.  I mean, he's run a pretty weak campaign, already proven himself a lazy candidate who regularly takes votes for granted (to say nothing of his disastrous handling of the shotgun controversy).  

I’d agree that Fetterman’s campaign hasn’t been great so far, but I think the electability argument is used more against Kenyatta, who I’d be perfectly happy with.

As would I Tongue
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #877 on: May 05, 2021, 08:41:18 AM »

I was certain he was running for Senate. Welp, Parnell isn't a terrible candidate, I guess.

Wait, yes he is. He's an MTG redux and it would be easy to hammer him for his very vocal role in promoting the Big Lie (not to mention, never having conceded his own race). I'm not as bullish as some Dems on our chances in this race, but it feels extremely unlikely that Parnell could win statewide; he'd do sooooo poorly in the Philly burbs. Reschenthaler likely would've been the best candidate here.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #878 on: May 05, 2021, 03:49:17 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2021, 03:53:21 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Honestly, I'm not quite sure who I support at the moment. I guess I'm leaning towards Lamb, as I view him as the most electable. I'd switch over to Chrissy Houlahan's camp in a heartbeat if she runs.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #879 on: May 05, 2021, 05:17:42 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2021, 07:36:50 PM by Make Democrats Have Standards Again »

If Houlahan jumps in, though, I'd move to her camp in an instant.

Fair. Not ideologically my cup of tea, but someone I could enthusiastically get behind in the general and 100% trust to win.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #880 on: May 08, 2021, 05:19:37 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 02:05:06 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Wait, yes he is. He's an MTG redux and it would be easy to hammer him for his very vocal role in promoting the Big Lie (not to mention, never having conceded his own race). I'm not as bullish as some Dems on our chances in this race, but it feels extremely unlikely that Parnell could win statewide; he'd do sooooo poorly in the Philly burbs. Reschenthaler likely would've been the best candidate here.

This.

However, I disagree that Reschenthaler would've been the best candidate. He's as right-wing as Parnell is, and I don't see why he would do any better in the Philadelphia area. Either Charlie Dent or Brian Fitzpatrick would be the best candidate for the Republicans, but neither will be the nominee.  
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #881 on: May 08, 2021, 05:27:26 PM »

I guess I have an unpopular opinion here where yes Parnell is not a good candidate, he did come close against Lamb, but that was partly due to Trump's coattails and it'd be much harder for him to pull it off while leading the top of the ticket, however I would absolutely not count him out, TL;DR, tossup remains tossup.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #882 on: May 08, 2021, 06:45:36 PM »

I guess I have an unpopular opinion here where yes Parnell is not a good candidate, he did come close against Lamb, but that was partly due to Trump's coattails and it'd be much harder for him to pull it off while leading the top of the ticket, however I would absolutely not count him out, TL;DR, tossup remains tossup.

I think that would be a pretty popular opinion actually.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #883 on: May 09, 2021, 11:15:30 AM »

When are we gonna get a POLL ALREADY
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #884 on: May 11, 2021, 11:55:04 AM »

Another "Big Lie" candidate is in

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #885 on: May 11, 2021, 12:05:07 PM »

Wolf and Evers have a 53% Approvals so WI and PA are D pickups and Hassan has a 55% Approvals

It goes by Approvals of the INCUMBENT party so I think all 3 will win
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #886 on: May 11, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »

I guess this dude getting the GOP nomination would be great news for Fetterman. The GOP doesn't even try anymore. Past elections have shown that Trumpist candidates without Trump on the ballot don't fare well with swing voters.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #887 on: May 11, 2021, 12:11:28 PM »

I guess this dude getting the GOP nomination would be great news for Fetterman. The GOP doesn't even try anymore. Past elections have shown that Trumpist candidates without Trump on the ballot don't fare well with swing voters.
Just ask Mr. "Trump before Trump was Trump" how he won over Conor Lamb. Oh wait, he lost.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #888 on: May 11, 2021, 12:21:33 PM »

Lou Barletta would probably have a better chance than Parnell, tbh
Lognog
United States

« Reply #889 on: May 11, 2021, 01:19:26 PM »

Why are people writing off Parnell? He did well in the district against a well known and well liken incumbent
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #890 on: May 11, 2021, 01:26:07 PM »

Why are people writing off Parnell? He did well in the district against a well known and well liken incumbent

Because he's a wing nut and conspiracy theorist who is going to run in the same lane as 10 other, equally unqualified Republicans in the primary?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #891 on: May 11, 2021, 03:25:38 PM »

The state has significant African American population and Wolf has had no scandals just like Rs think Whitmer will lose and the state Reelected Granholm.

African Americans aren't gonna vote R In numbers they did in 2016/2020, we hich Trump improved on, due to one thing Insurrectionists

That's why we have a chance in MO, NC and FL Gov due to African Americans turning against GOP party.

Trump improved his numbers with blacks in OH, that's why he won Mahoning County
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #892 on: May 11, 2021, 04:10:06 PM »

He really only rode off of Trumps coattails. Biden and Lamb performed similarly. Not to mention, IIRC, Parnell also raised more/had more $$$ put into the race than Lamb as well.

Also, Parnell has gone way more Fox News wing nut since the election, including pushing the big lie.
JMT

« Reply #893 on: May 11, 2021, 08:34:37 PM »

And here’s the official Parnell announcement:

Lognog
United States

« Reply #894 on: May 12, 2021, 09:58:37 AM »

Because he's a wing nut and conspiracy theorist who is going to run in the same lane as 10 other, equally unqualified Republicans in the primary?

PA literally voted for Trump in 2016 and he was an unqualified conspiracy theorist. He is far from unacceptable in PA politics
Lognog
United States

« Reply #895 on: May 12, 2021, 09:59:58 AM »

He really only rode off of Trumps coattails. Biden and Lamb performed similarly. Not to mention, IIRC, Parnell also raised more/had more $$$ put into the race than Lamb as well.

Also, Parnell has gone way more Fox News wing nut since the election, including pushing the big lie.

Even still to preform as well as Trump against Lamb, a strong incumbent, is nothing to scoff at. Look at Lamb's pervious performances. He's a powerhouse and the fact that Parnell kept it close is a sign he's at least a decent candidate
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #896 on: May 12, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »

PA literally voted for Trump in 2016 and he was an unqualified conspiracy theorist. He is far from unacceptable in PA politics

Yes and nothing has happened between then and now.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #897 on: May 12, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »

Yes and nothing has happened between then and now.

I'm not saying he will win. I'm just saying its happened before and it can certainly happen again. The reality is 2022 will be a worse environment for dems than 2016.

People act like a failed house candidate running for senate is crazy. Just ask Senator Perdue
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #898 on: May 12, 2021, 11:19:28 AM »

Parnell will have a hard time explaining his lawsuit and why he expected courts to throw out all mail ballots and have them just declare him the winner in PA-17 and Trump in PA. Don't care about his past service, he is a traitor to this country.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #899 on: May 12, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »

Parnell is not a strong candidate. He has no experience and no name recognition. That being said, if he makes it to the general, he's more or less a generic R. I'm not convinced the R nominee really matters unless it's a particularly atrocious candidate. I think Parnell has as good of a chance as most other Republicans.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies