PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:15:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289400 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4650 on: October 12, 2022, 05:42:24 PM »

Oz has time for Fox News, but not to sit for any editorial board meetings where *he* has to answer questions.

Funny how most of the press is silent on this, but Fetterman is the one who must answer "questions" about his candidacy

Could Oz doing this cost him any press endorsements? And would said endorsements help him get any votes?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4651 on: October 12, 2022, 05:43:00 PM »

Interesting that the RNC and their media allies (CNN, NBC, etc) have decided to coordinate so explicitly on this new disgusting ablist attack on Fetterman. Seems like they’re getting desperate now.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4652 on: October 12, 2022, 06:07:27 PM »

Oz has time for Fox News, but not to sit for any editorial board meetings where *he* has to answer questions.

Funny how most of the press is silent on this, but Fetterman is the one who must answer "questions" about his candidacy

Fetterman may and in some cases does have policy views outside of the mainstream for PA, but at least he knows something about public policy. Oz does not know much about public policy, and does not seem particularly interested in it, which makes one wonder why he ran for a job I don't think he would enjoy much, and it isn't as if he needs the money. All very puzzling.

In any event, Oz was wise to duck the editorial boards. The last thing he needs are editorials from the two major newspapers in PA stating that Oz while a pleasant chap showed a shocking last of knowledge on public policy issues, and is not qualified to serve, and as to Fetterman, whatever his issues, and lack of candor perhaps about his health, is qualified to serve.  In other words, the last thing you need are the twin newspapers in big bold letters characterizing you as clueless. 

All of that said, Oz might well win. The news stories are not good for the Dems right now, and will not be getting better for them in the next month, and some of the bad headlines are due to policy mistakes. That is why I think control of the Senate now is a 50-50 proposition. That canny old man Mitch is right on that one. We shall see.

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4653 on: October 12, 2022, 06:09:49 PM »

Fetterman isn't just slightly deaf, which is different than struggling to comprehend speech. It's pretty obvious he isn't the same as he was pre stroke.

Yeah, the more you say it doesn't make it true.

For having a stroke 5 months ago, he sounds pretty damn good here.

He gives me the vibe of someone who is fully intellectually capable, but still has issues saying the words to express his thoughts.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4654 on: October 12, 2022, 06:39:46 PM »

Mod request: The discussion of Fetterman's stroke recovery has morphed into one about whether certain disabilities are disqualifying for public office.  While this is interesting in its own right, it's off-topic for this thread.  Please start a separate thread if you wish to continue the general discussion of that topic.

No, it’s not off-topic whatsoever.

I've always meant to ask, why do you recommend posts constantly but only make a post yourself like 4-5 times a year?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #4655 on: October 12, 2022, 06:47:29 PM »

There have been senators without arms and legs (Max Cleland), there’s been senators who were completely blind (Thomas Gore). There’s been senators who were 100 years old when elected (Storm Thurmond). Fetterman having occasional brain fog is such a nothing burger that it’s comical the blueys keep bring it up. It shows they literally have nothing against Fetterman so they’re just make shot up.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #4656 on: October 12, 2022, 06:51:53 PM »

Lost in all of the kerfuffle here: there hasn't been a poll released yet that was conducted this month. Seems like everyone is taking increasingly haphazard shots in the dark.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4657 on: October 12, 2022, 06:55:10 PM »

Fetterman isn't just slightly deaf, which is different than struggling to comprehend speech. It's pretty obvious he isn't the same as he was pre stroke.

Yeah, the more you say it doesn't make it true.

For having a stroke 5 months ago, he sounds pretty damn good here.

He gives me the vibe of someone who is fully intellectually capable, but still has issues saying the words to express his thoughts.

Which, given he's 5 months out from a literal stroke, makes sense.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4658 on: October 12, 2022, 06:55:32 PM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4659 on: October 12, 2022, 07:19:26 PM »

Love the Shawshank reference!
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4660 on: October 12, 2022, 08:35:44 PM »

Lost in all of the kerfuffle here: there hasn't been a poll released yet that was conducted this month. Seems like everyone is taking increasingly haphazard shots in the dark.

Yeah, it's very odd. You'll have like 2 weeks of solid PA polls every day and then a massive drought.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4661 on: October 12, 2022, 08:37:40 PM »

Yeah, it's very odd. You'll have like 2 weeks of solid PA polls every day and then a massive drought.

Probably means there are some in the field right now.  We just went through a similar drought in Georgia, then there were a bunch released within a day of each other.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4662 on: October 12, 2022, 09:16:33 PM »

In two days Oz goes from 40 cents to 50 cents and is 2 short of Fetterman on PredictIt.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4663 on: October 12, 2022, 09:39:32 PM »

In two days Oz goes from 40 cents to 50 cents and is 2 short of Fetterman on PredictIt.

PredictIt hilariously overreacts to everything.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4664 on: October 12, 2022, 11:40:28 PM »

I suspect that this will backfire on Republicans. The main issue is that this will draw everyone's attention to John Fetterman and so long as he successfully speaks in complete sentences, he'll receive adoring media coverage. Also, everyone loves a recovery from tragedy so people will want to believe that he's recovered.

Obviously, various sickos and monsters want this to work, want to believe that people would vote for a literal "globalist" elite quack doctor who served in the Turkish military over a normal Democratic politician because the latter has some health problems.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4665 on: October 13, 2022, 03:48:08 AM »

I suspect that this will backfire on Republicans. The main issue is that this will draw everyone's attention to John Fetterman and so long as he successfully speaks in complete sentences, he'll receive adoring media coverage. Also, everyone loves a recovery from tragedy so people will want to believe that he's recovered.

Obviously, various sickos and monsters want this to work, want to believe that people would vote for a literal "globalist" elite quack doctor who served in the Turkish military over a normal Democratic politician because the latter has some health problems.

"Ξερω οτι ειστε Τουρκοι!"
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4666 on: October 13, 2022, 03:59:18 AM »

"Ξερω οτι ειστε Τουρκοι!"
inb4 Greek-Americans in suburban Philly provide Fetterman with his entire winning margin of 4,000 votes.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4667 on: October 13, 2022, 06:14:56 AM »

While watching Jeopardy! last night, I saw seven campaign ads in a row, including four PA-SEN ads that alternated Oz-Fetterman-Oz-Fetterman.  Had all the hits: "Fetterman is a far-left liberal", "Oz is a quack", "Fetterman racially profiles black people", "Oz tortures puppies".  

The other three were, respectively, a Chrissy Houlahan ad, an Andy Kim ad, and a Josh Shapiro ad.  
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4668 on: October 13, 2022, 06:28:19 AM »

While watching Jeopardy! last night, I saw seven campaign ads in a row, including four PA-SEN ads that alternated Oz-Fetterman-Oz-Fetterman.  Had all the hits: "Fetterman is a far-left liberal", "Oz is a quack", "Fetterman racially profiles black people", "Oz tortures puppies".  

The other three were, respectively, a Chrissy Houlahan ad, an Andy Kim ad, and a Josh Shapiro ad.  

At least the anti-Oz stuff is more coherent.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #4669 on: October 13, 2022, 06:58:36 AM »

Love the Shawshank reference!
Dumpstered
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #4670 on: October 13, 2022, 07:05:50 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4671 on: October 13, 2022, 07:34:19 AM »

I DVR Jeopardy, so even if I'm ready to watch it at the broadcast time, I wait about 10 minutes and then start the playback so I can fast-forward through all the commercials. Smiley
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4672 on: October 13, 2022, 08:12:29 AM »

Seems like the actual report is starting to backfire. Like it's not even Twitter people reporting on the controversy - even AP is reporting on the hit job. It's pretty clear why CNN and NBC are boosting Oz - he is a fellow member of the "media class" and is a colleague in some cases.

Anyways I'm feeling a little better about the race. Local outlets seem to be reporting fairly neutral on it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4673 on: October 13, 2022, 08:38:10 AM »

Seems like the actual report is starting to backfire. Like it's not even Twitter people reporting on the controversy - even AP is reporting on the hit job. It's pretty clear why CNN and NBC are boosting Oz - he is a fellow member of the "media class" and is a colleague in some cases.

Anyways I'm feeling a little better about the race. Local outlets seem to be reporting fairly neutral on it.

Well that's the thing - the actual NBC report is fine. If you watch it without Burns's commentary in the beginning/end, it's a fine piece. It showcases Fetterman's recovery, he answers some questions, he comes off pretty empathetic. The whole issue was Burns's anecdotal stories coming in and out of the story that were completely unnecessary.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4674 on: October 13, 2022, 08:38:50 AM »

It appears SMP went hard during the Phillies game last night.

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies