PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:22:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 284161 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: June 26, 2021, 05:18:27 AM »

Whomever is nominated is gonna win this seat and WI anyways

The question is can Ryan, Beasley, Val , Kunce, Gross and MAUBAUER win, I know the Rs don't believe we can win all these seats but our candidates are better than 2020 candidates HEGAR, Greenfield and Cunningham

The D's had Bollier, Bullock and Joe Kennedy were all wasted

Mandel and Renacci already lost to Sherrod Brown, if Ryan is behind he isn't behind by double digits it's a single digit race, Ryan never lost a race to an R before only D nomination for Prez let's not overdo it with how great Mandel is, but Renacci is a better candidate by far and can win Gov race
Who the heck is MAUBAUER?
I’m guessing he means Finkenauer?
You are right. OC probably typed the wrong thing.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1001 on: June 26, 2021, 07:02:19 AM »

I am not saying we are gonna sweep but we can win some of the states outside the blue wall, with 500 days an R takeover of the H isn't inevitable so ce Ra ranked in Cali and Cali can Redistrct Ta out of Cali, NY and IL and pad our 5 point lead.

The Rs are back to 2018 support in Cali where they lost 4 seats

The Election isn't in 180 days it's 500 days let's wait until we get Redistricting maps any type of wave in Senate will let us keep the H
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1002 on: July 01, 2021, 03:19:33 PM »

Still supporting Fetterman
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1003 on: July 01, 2021, 04:25:26 PM »

Fetterman will lose to Parnell.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1004 on: July 01, 2021, 04:33:08 PM »

I guess right now I'm Kenyatta > Arkoosh > Fetterman

Lamb is the wildcard. I'd probably put him first then, but I'm not sure. I would really love for PA to break some real progressive ground with Kenyatta.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1005 on: July 01, 2021, 04:44:19 PM »

Honestly, I'm still a little skeptical of Kenyatta for how vociferously he backed Biden in the primary. Biden was not running as anything close to a progressive, and for me it both calls into question Kenyatta's progressive bona fides and makes me worry that he'll continue to endorse centrists when in office.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1006 on: July 01, 2021, 05:07:52 PM »

Honestly, I'm still a little skeptical of Kenyatta for how vociferously he backed Biden in the primary. Biden was not running as anything close to a progressive, and for me it both calls into question Kenyatta's progressive bona fides and makes me worry that he'll continue to endorse centrists when in office.

Plenty of progressives fell behind Biden while still supporting progressive ideals. Kenyatta’s also been a strong advocate for progressive issues on the campaign trail and has even expressed a willingness to support Medicare for All, which is typically not something a “centrist” would do—especially not one running in Pennsylvania of all places. He seems to be taking the race much more seriously than Fetterman is and I trust Kenyatta to build the coalitions needed to advance these progressive ideas through the rapport he’s built with the center.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1007 on: July 01, 2021, 05:14:08 PM »

I doubt it. I think John Fetterman or Conor Lamb could defeat Sean Parnell (who is a very weak candidate).
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1008 on: July 02, 2021, 01:42:54 PM »

I’m not the biggest fan of Fetterman but he’s not a bad enough candidate to lose to PARNELL
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1009 on: July 02, 2021, 03:28:18 PM »

Fetterman isn't loosing this race
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1010 on: July 02, 2021, 09:32:54 PM »

Lamb is the wildcard. I'd probably put him first then, but I'm not sure. I would really love for PA to break some real progressive ground with Kenyatta.

You want PA to break "real progressive ground" (with a candidate who's narrowly less progressive than Fetterman) but would throw that out the window when Lamb runs?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1011 on: July 02, 2021, 09:48:19 PM »

You want PA to break "real progressive ground" (with a candidate who's narrowly less progressive than Fetterman) but would throw that out the window when Lamb runs?

Supporting Manchin Jr. to own the Bros
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1012 on: July 02, 2021, 09:53:35 PM »

Err…Lamb supports nuking the filibuster and generally votes the party line
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1013 on: July 02, 2021, 10:02:45 PM »

I don't think he's a Manchin type but he's definitely not as progressive as the leading two candidates (idk anything about Arkoosh.) Plus I don't buy the "electability of a sacred moderate" argument.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1014 on: July 02, 2021, 10:12:48 PM »

Sinema generally voted the party line too when she was in the House.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1015 on: July 02, 2021, 10:28:44 PM »

Lamb is opposed to the filibuster.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #1016 on: July 03, 2021, 12:20:36 AM »

Lamb is more like Biden than Manchin.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1017 on: July 03, 2021, 11:12:20 AM »

Not as much as you might think though.  At the time, folks largely dismissed it as “something, something you just oppose progressives,” but I was saying back in 2018 that we should run Greg Stanton or even roll the dice on a slightly past sell-by-date candidate like Phil Gordon rather that nominating Sinema.  All the warning signs were there: she went out of her way to ingratiate herself with the Koch brothers’ political network and to a somewhat lesser degree the Chamber of Commerce crowd in general, she was a Smiley Smiley #ModerateHero Smiley Smiley in the House, she had no real ideological consistency, she moved to the right as the election cycle started up, etc.

The warning signs were all there with Sinema for anyone paying attention, but the left-wing activist crowd went into overdrive to clear the field for her b/c she was an openly bisexual non-thiest.  That one wasn’t on the DNC, they were pushing Mark Kelly in 2018, but he got boxed out and a Koch brothers meat-puppet waltzed into the Democratic nomination on the back of dumb virtue-signaling.  

If anything, Conor Lamb seems more likely to shift even further to the left once elected.  He’s doing the opposite of what Sinema did.

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1018 on: July 03, 2021, 11:17:29 AM »

I don't want to nominate Lamb. We don't need another Sinema.
UncleSam

« Reply #1019 on: July 03, 2021, 11:20:03 AM »

I have a feeling by Jan 1, 2023 Dems will be longing for another Sinema in this seat. I really don’t see Ds doing well here in a Biden midterm, though if the Rs own-goal with their nominee that’ll be a different story.

I’m sure I’m in the minority here but I think the smart money is on Tilt R in a Parnell-Fetterman or Fitzpatrick-Fetterman race.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1020 on: July 03, 2021, 12:52:25 PM »

He objectively isn’t one
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #1021 on: July 04, 2021, 02:29:26 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden endorses Lamb, assuming he endorses anyone in the primary.

Biden said the Lamb reminds him of his son Beau, which he also said about Buttigieg.

While he is more moderate than Fetterman or Kenyatta, he wouldn't be another Manchin or Sinema. He'd be more like a Booker, Klobuchar, or Gillibrand.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1022 on: July 04, 2021, 02:46:00 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden endorses Lamb, assuming he endorses anyone in the primary.

Biden said the Lamb reminds him of his son Beau, which he also said about Buttigieg.

While he is more moderate than Fetterman or Kenyatta, he wouldn't be another Manchin or Sinema. He'd be more like a Booker, Klobuchar, or Gillibrand.
Biden will likely stay out of the race. Now Casey? His endorsement will be crucial if he decides to.

As for Lamb, the issue I see for him is his stance on energy. His support for natural gas could cost him in Chesco/Delco where there have been numerous problems with the Mariner East pipeline. Fetterman has flip-flopped on it since he won the Lt. Governor race in '18, rather disappointing imo.

Ritz
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1023 on: July 05, 2021, 09:37:02 PM »

Lamb's voting record is similar to Sinema's and Angus King's. Booker, Gillibrand, and even Biden when he was in Congress were way more progressive than him.

He seems like an unnecessary pain in office with a mixed record electorally having underperformed Biden last year.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1024 on: July 06, 2021, 05:26:32 AM »

Lamb's voting record is similar to Sinema's and Angus King's. Booker, Gillibrand, and even Biden when he was in Congress were way more progressive than him.

He seems like an unnecessary pain in office with a mixed record electorally having underperformed Biden last year.

Biden won by 3, Lamb won by 2. It was basically the same
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies