IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:07:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken  (Read 26837 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 12, 2020, 11:07:05 AM »

Is this really necessary?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 07:46:30 AM »

Not the kind of number you raise when you intend to run again

I think Grassley is trying to freeze the field as long as possible so Pat Grassley’s opponents have less time to build name recognition, fundraise, and recruit a team of experienced political operatives to run their campaigns.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:22:36 PM »

She should have just ran for congress again, I think she would have a decent shot at reclaiming her old seat in '22. Dumb decision to run for Senate.
No way she could've beat Hinson in 2022. Hinson is one of the strongest GOP candidates in the country.

Hinson is generic R, nothing special.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 05:43:24 AM »

Total insanity. Feinstein should've retired and so should he. He'll be *89* on Election Day 2022. That's just ridiculous. Pack it in. Sorry, I don't care who you are, you are not fit to be in office when you'll be 89-93 for your term.

In fairness, unlike with Feinstein, it’s pretty clear that Grassley is still “all there” mentally.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 05:55:43 AM »

Total insanity. Feinstein should've retired and so should he. He'll be *89* on Election Day 2022. That's just ridiculous. Pack it in. Sorry, I don't care who you are, you are not fit to be in office when you'll be 89-93 for your term.

In fairness, unlike with Feinstein, it’s pretty clear that Grassley is still “all there” mentally.

I didn't have that impression during the cabinet confirmation hearings back in spring.

He’s definitely faded a bit, but he’s very much still with it imo.  This is more of a Joe Biden situation than a Diane Feinstein/Thad Cochran one.  He’ll probably need to call it a day in six years though.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »

Abby Finkenauer thinks low-propensity Trumpists will enable her to win without Trump on the ballot:

Republican lawmakers in Iowa will stand next to Donald Trump at his Des Moines rally this weekend. Former Rep. Abby Finkenauer – who is running for Senate in 2022 – says it’s because they know they can’t win without Donald Trump.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/as-trump-heads-to-rally-in-iowa-how-can-democrats-take-back-the-state-123141189598

(listen to this, it’s actually hilarious)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-trump-heads-to-rally-in-iowa-how-can-democrats-take-back-the-state/vi-AAPimrl

What do you expect her to say?  "Yeah, I know I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning;" she's obviously not going to say that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 08:33:38 AM »

Sioux City Journal decides for the first time... to not endorse Chuck Grassley. (Endorsing Mike Franken Instead).

Gross
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies