IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:20:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: IA-SEN 2022: Grassley vs Franken  (Read 26788 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: September 24, 2021, 05:43:24 AM »

Total insanity. Feinstein should've retired and so should he. He'll be *89* on Election Day 2022. That's just ridiculous. Pack it in. Sorry, I don't care who you are, you are not fit to be in office when you'll be 89-93 for your term.

In fairness, unlike with Feinstein, it’s pretty clear that Grassley is still “all there” mentally.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2021, 05:48:51 AM »

Total insanity. Feinstein should've retired and so should he. He'll be *89* on Election Day 2022. That's just ridiculous. Pack it in. Sorry, I don't care who you are, you are not fit to be in office when you'll be 89-93 for your term.

In fairness, unlike with Feinstein, it’s pretty clear that Grassley is still “all there” mentally.

I didn't have that impression during the cabinet confirmation hearings back in spring.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #327 on: September 24, 2021, 05:55:43 AM »

I didn't have that impression during the cabinet confirmation hearings back in spring.

He’s definitely faded a bit, but he’s very much still with it imo.  This is more of a Joe Biden situation than a Diane Feinstein/Thad Cochran one.  He’ll probably need to call it a day in six years though.
JMT

« Reply #328 on: September 24, 2021, 07:06:24 AM »

Well, with Grassley running again, that rules out Ashley Hinson’s back up option if the proposed Iowa redistricting maps pass. I wonder if Finkenauer will drop down to the IA-01 race if the proposed map passes? It would certainly be an easier race than running against Grassley.
JMT

« Reply #329 on: September 24, 2021, 07:09:44 AM »

And yes, Grassley stated he’s running again, but I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if he decided to drop out right before the filing deadline in an effort to clear the field for his grandson, Pat Grassley. Unlikely that that’s his plan, but can’t rule it out.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #330 on: September 24, 2021, 07:17:41 AM »

So much for a contested Republican primary.

Not much more of interest in this race. Oh well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2021, 07:27:06 AM »

Grassley isn't winning by 20 pts over Fink anyways, the polls are gonna get closer
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #332 on: September 24, 2021, 07:27:19 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: September 24, 2021, 07:35:38 AM »

Grassley isn't winning by 20 over Fink the poll is inflated just like Laxalt and Sununu were leading by 9 pts,. NOT
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2021, 08:24:38 AM »

Honestly, if I were an ambitious Republican in this state I'd be so pissed.  With no gubernatorial term limits and a geriatric Senator who won't call it quits, there are just no opportunities for career advancement.  The state party can't develop political talent and political life will continue to stagnate under leadership that is by almost any measure failing Iowa.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: September 24, 2021, 08:27:54 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2021, 08:32:22 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

Honestly, if I were an ambitious Republican in this state I'd be so pissed.  With no gubernatorial term limits and a geriatric Senator who won't call it quits, there are just no opportunities for career advancement.  The state party can't develop political talent and political life will continue to stagnate under leadership that is by almost any measure failing Iowa.

Fink was down by 7 in a non Seltzer poll a blue wave can happen 400 days from now

Because Axne was ahead of all Rs, the polls are inflated towards Rs do you think Laxalt and Sununu are gonna win both by nine as the polls indicated

No, the other polls showing SUNUNU within margin of error

Reynolds can lose too to Ras Smith, but she is popular
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #336 on: September 24, 2021, 08:31:51 AM »

The tweets and his actions at the hearing this year both suggested a situation even worse than Feinstein tbh.

A senator being 95 while still being in office is just f**king insane.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2021, 09:18:36 AM »

You could argue that Grassley running again is good news for Democrats because the DSCC/ActBlue/Twitterverse would have thrown upwards of $40 million down the drain here had the race been "open." They might still do that to a lesser extent, but given that even serious outlets have produced entertaining takes like that....

Republican U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley leads Democrat Abby Finkenauer by 18 percentage points among likely voters in an early test of what could be a marquee matchup in the 2022 midterms.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/iowa-poll/2021/09/21/iowa-poll-chuck-grassley-leads-abby-finkenauer-in-test-possible-senate-match/8378103002/

...imagine how bad it would have gotten if he had retired. With INCUMBENT Grassley seeking another term, Rose/Resistance Twitter might now come to the conclusion that Republicans are favored in Iowa.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2021, 09:22:25 AM »

Honestly, if I were an ambitious Republican in this state I'd be so pissed.  With no gubernatorial term limits and a geriatric Senator who won't call it quits, there are just no opportunities for career advancement.

There are three Democratic-held row offices and a Democratic-held House seat to contest; all of these are winnable. That’s better for GOP career advancement than, say, Nebraska.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: September 24, 2021, 09:22:53 AM »

Safe R -> Safe R

It's too bad when people just think they're inevitable and apparently don't have a life beyond holding office for decades. DC fossils like this dude and DiFi should be gone from the senate floor a long time. People want change but keep voting for the same old stuff.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2021, 09:26:44 AM »

Safe R -> Safe R

It's too bad when people just think they're inevitable and apparently don't have a life beyond holding office for decades. DC fossils like this dude and DiFi should be gone from the senate floor a long time. People want change but keep voting for the same old stuff.

.all the R polls are inflated now, due to Biden Approvals, Reynolds was up 20 against Hubbard and she only won by 3 Fink isn't losing by 20 if polls show Rs like Sununu and Laxalt by 9 pts its3/5 pt leads, I am not giving up on Kunce either, Rs if they get back in control will deny Amendment to Ds and Sinema and Manchin need to get w a backbone and end the Filibuster
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2021, 09:27:39 AM »

You could argue that Grassley running again is good news for Democrats because the DSCC/ActBlue/Twitterverse would have thrown upwards of $40 million down the drain here had the race been "open." They might still do that to a lesser extent, but given that even serious outlets have produced entertaining takes like that....

Republican U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley leads Democrat Abby Finkenauer by 18 percentage points among likely voters in an early test of what could be a marquee matchup in the 2022 midterms.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/iowa-poll/2021/09/21/iowa-poll-chuck-grassley-leads-abby-finkenauer-in-test-possible-senate-match/8378103002/

...imagine how bad it would have gotten if he had retired. With INCUMBENT Grassley seeking another term, Rose/Resistance Twitter might now come to the conclusion that Republicans are favored in Iowa.

You said Johnson was gonna win and it's withinargon of error and Barnes is not as liberal as Baldwin whom won by 10
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2021, 09:37:11 AM »

Grassley going for the Thurmond approach I see
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #343 on: September 24, 2021, 09:57:25 AM »

lmao
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #344 on: September 24, 2021, 10:00:26 AM »

I'm not surprised. He will probably die in office. Finkenauer is headed to a double-digit loss next year, against a man who's been in office since before she was born. However, as I've said before, she may do better than any of his opponents have since his first, Culver.
UncleSam

« Reply #345 on: September 24, 2021, 10:02:22 AM »

Great news for Ds. In the event he lives to Election Day, they don’t waste nearly as much money on this race. In the event he doesn’t, it throws the R side of things into chaos.

For what it’s worth I don’t think that tweet is bad at all, I know nothing about pigeon identification but everything he said seemed reasonable / relevant to his neighbors. A bit odd for a US Senator to post it but there’s nothing off to suggest declining mental faculties.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2021, 10:04:49 AM »

Safe R

Iowa Democrats should focus on Axne's seat and Mills's seat...
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #347 on: September 24, 2021, 10:07:25 AM »

Safe R >>>>> Safe R
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #348 on: September 24, 2021, 10:11:51 AM »

Since Grassley has decided to run for reelection, I wouldn't be surprised if Leahy does as well, at this point.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2021, 10:20:25 AM »

The only retirement still up in the air is Johnson, at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies