S.20.4.2 - Local Voting System Reform Act [LAW'D] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:00:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.4.2 - Local Voting System Reform Act [LAW'D] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.4.2 - Local Voting System Reform Act [LAW'D]  (Read 725 times)
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« on: November 15, 2020, 11:40:14 PM »

I'm not sure this is something I can get behind for a couple reasons. I think the biggest impact (and only real impact) this has is with the NPC elections, so I'd rather keep one uniform system throughout the region for elections that are part of NPC to create easier work for Lumine.

Any other downballot races, though, I don't see why the regional government should be placing restrictions on what voting system they use. They should be able to make that decision without regional interference. I rather don't like options 2 and 3 at all and would be huge deviations from current systems, so this would basically be giving people one "familiar" choice. If an entity wants to use the system that elects whoever wins a plurality (which 95% of US elections do) I don't think we should restrict that.

I concur with these points
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 06:40:31 PM »

aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies