Shocked by Trump’s Loss, QAnon Struggles to Keep the Faith
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:13:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Shocked by Trump’s Loss, QAnon Struggles to Keep the Faith
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Shocked by Trump’s Loss, QAnon Struggles to Keep the Faith  (Read 2138 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2020, 05:39:09 PM »

[...]

These are trying times for believers in QAnon, the baseless conspiracy theory that falsely claims the existence of a satanic pedophile cult run by top Democrats. For years, they had been assured that Mr. Trump would win re-election in a landslide and spend his second term vanquishing the deep state and bringing the cabal’s leaders to justice. Q, the pseudonymous message board user whose cryptic posts have fueled the movement for more than three years, told them to “trust the plan.”

But since Mr. Trump’s defeat, Q has gone dark. No posts from the account bearing Q’s tripcode, or digital user name, have appeared on 8kun, the website where all of Q’s posts appear. And overall QAnon-related activity on the site has slowed to a trickle. (On a recent day, there were fewer new posts on one of 8kun’s QAnon boards than on its board for adult-diaper fetishists.)

There are also signs of infighting among QAnon’s inner circle. Ron Watkins, an 8kun administrator who some believed was Q himself, announced on Election Day that he was stepping down from the site, citing “extensive battles” over censorship and the site’s future. His father, Jim Watkins, a professed QAnon believer who owns 8kun, has been singing hymns on his livestream and posting debunked claims about voter fraud, but has not given any indication of when Q might return.

Q’s sudden disappearance has been jarring for QAnon believers, who have come to depend on the account’s posts, or “drops,” for updates and reassurance.

[...]

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/technology/qanon-election-trump.html
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 05:43:00 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2020, 05:46:24 PM by Liberty Prime »

didn’t anonymous leak an account of how Trump raped a 14 year old girl at an Epstein party in 1994 or something?

What makes the Q ppl think Trump wouldn’t be a part of that cult? 😂 dumbasses lmao
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 05:43:49 PM »

I hope "Q" posts one more time to tell them they were all punked and are a bunch of idiots. But nice to see they might slowly be coming to that realization themselves.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 05:44:41 PM »

Knowing 4chan, someone will continue the LARP and keep confusing the boomers.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 05:49:50 PM »

Don't worry, I'm sure Q will rise again in three days.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »

4chan and 8kun really buried themselves as sites by bringing (hyper)reality and politics to a place built for escapism. Now it’s memes are dead and stale while the niche posters have left out of anger and pessimism, leaving nothing but muck.

Oh well, I suppose things will get revived during a more artistic and free era that may come about after this one. We can only hope and work toward it.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »

Even if QAnon as we know it goes away, it'll be back sooner or later with either the same name or a different name. Before it was QAnon it was the Satanic ritual abuse crowd. Before that it was the anti-fluoridation crowd. It's a natural human tendency to look for some sort of outside justification for our paranoia and to build social groups around that shared tendency.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 07:47:53 PM »

4chan and 8kun really buried themselves as sites by bringing (hyper)reality and politics to a place built for escapism. Now it’s memes are dead and stale while the niche posters have left out of anger and pessimism, leaving nothing but muck.

Oh well, I suppose things will get revived during a more artistic and free era that may come about after this one. We can only hope and work toward it.

From what I've seen, even 4Chan hates Qanon. Imagine sinking that low.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 07:52:03 PM »

Maybe the future isn't so bleak after all. However, this doesn't undo the fact that two or three House freshmen managed to get elected as QAnon sheep.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 07:53:20 PM »

A good scam artist knows when it's time to fold the tent and skip town.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 08:33:12 PM »

From what I've seen, even 4Chan hates Qanon. Imagine sinking that low.
Damn. I guess the post-election hit hard on them, what with barely any politics or flinging against Transgender people on /v/ and /b/. They can’t even cope with it anymore rn, and the site seems slower than before.

I can’t believe I’ll say this, but I will be nostalgic for that naïve optimism that was fun to observe those baboon c@mskins on /pol/ and elsewhere in the site. Like the politics and race-war hysteria on /k/ is gone, and that’s like 3/4 the reason what kept it active over these year. the Trump era has truly killed and beat the horse to nothing but dry bits. The smiles and optimism are finally gone, the memes are stale, and standard Republican operators have no use for the site anymore.

No one else will ever provide such a site ever again, and the community that made it great has grown up or dissipated to other niche sites. It’s all so sad yet so expected. Oh well, I guess back to obscure blogs to make my own is the best option now.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 08:37:30 PM »

It's main purpose was boosting Trump and now that he's out it is of no use.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 08:44:51 PM »

The 4chan/troll/con-artist/conspiracy theorist/grifter crowd is quite a weird one.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 08:46:20 PM »

boo hoo
͘
RandomInternetUser
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2020, 08:48:14 PM »

Damn, so close to establishing the next great organized world religion.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2020, 11:43:55 PM »

Q Anon should be up there with the alt right in the irrelevant political trash can next year.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 12:17:49 AM »

Wait even Q anon is smart enough to know it’s over?  Can they inform the GOP senate?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 12:58:02 AM »

The trolls pulling the strings behind the scenes are undoubtedly working out a conspiracy angle that will keep their victims enthralled after Trump is officially out of power. I mean, it doesn't take much creativity.

If I'm Q (the troll, not the followers) this is what I would say:

1. Trump really won. This is crucial. If this sticks with the cult, we can move to...
2. The pedos and traffickers already control the USPS, which is why Trump tried to defund them.
3. Deep state agents in the USPS planted millions of fake ballots, and they controlled the counting.
4. The media is waging a propaganda war because they're terrified of Trump and Barr finally blowing this thing wide open.

If the "Trump really won" narrative doesn't stick because of reality, logic, and math, I'd move on to something like "Trump couldn't wage war on the Deep State and elitist monsters as President, so he threw the election so he could be more effective at fighting them."
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 01:00:28 AM »

Back in middle school my friend and I used to browse the /x/ forum all the time for ghost and supernatural stuff, it was ing lit. The golden days are over.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 01:14:43 AM »

Qanon is such a meme. Trump is literally responsible for 666 missing children, but somehow Joe Biden is the satanist pedophile
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2020, 02:58:41 AM »

I was almost hoping to see how far it could go.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2020, 03:46:33 AM »

I wasn't. The most likely outcome for QAnon would either be al-Qaeda style terrorist cells or a Jonestown Massacre.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2020, 07:53:37 AM »

The trolls pulling the strings behind the scenes are undoubtedly working out a conspiracy angle that will keep their victims enthralled after Trump is officially out of power. I mean, it doesn't take much creativity.

1. Trump really won. This is crucial. If this sticks with the cult, we can move to...
2. The pedos and traffickers already control the USPS, which is why Trump tried to defund them.
3. Deep state agents in the USPS planted millions of fake ballots, and they controlled the counting.
4. The media is waging a propaganda war because they're terrified of Trump and Barr finally blowing this thing wide open.

If the "Trump really won" narrative doesn't stick because of reality, logic, and math, I'd move on to something like "Trump couldn't wage war on the Deep State and elitist monsters as President, so he threw the election so he could be more effective at fighting them."

Personally I can't wait until we get the splinter faction that believes Trump is a puppetmaster controlling the Biden administration and we need to support Biden in Trump's fight against the Satanic cabal.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2020, 08:29:36 AM »

Personally I can't wait until we get the splinter faction that believes Trump is a puppetmaster controlling the Biden administration and we need to support Biden in Trump's fight against the Satanic cabal.

The belief that Biden is a child molester persists even outside Qanon. I doubt they couldn't be convinced he's doing anything good to help Q.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 09:27:02 AM »

I wasn't. The most likely outcome for QAnon would either be al-Qaeda style terrorist cells or a Jonestown Massacre.

The former is what the FBI is highly speculating.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies