Joe Biden: Trump's refusal to concede is an embarassment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:54:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden: Trump's refusal to concede is an embarassment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Joe Biden: Trump's refusal to concede is an embarassment  (Read 1047 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2020, 07:28:50 PM »

For a "populist" Trump really doesn't seem to value the whims of most of the country's population. That was always how it was going to be though, the GOP only values democracy when it suits their interests. But that's what's so frustrating is that this election did suit them, just not at the top of the ticket.

This whole mess of a situation also reinforces the need for the Electoral College to end. It shouldn't matter how individual states voted, Biden won with more votes than anybody in history and may very well get more than 7 million votes or so over Trump when it's all said and done.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2020, 04:06:12 PM »

Trump needs to concede and get ready to step down peacefully in January. Biden will have to be a truly remarkable president to avoid civil war I fear as any more division will rip this country to pieces but the first step towards avoiding that future is for Trump to respect the peaceful transfer of power. That is what is important.

If this is what you believe, I highly recommend writing to your House Rep or Senators. You saying this will have much more sway over their opinions than us libs or some leftist org, and I can promise as someone with friends who work on the Hill that members of Congress can be swayed by what they hear from their constituents.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »

Trump needs to concede and get ready to step down peacefully in January. Biden will have to be a truly remarkable president to avoid civil war I fear as any more division will rip this country to pieces but the first step towards avoiding that future is for Trump to respect the peaceful transfer of power. That is what is important.

If this is what you believe, I highly recommend writing to your House Rep or Senators. You saying this will have much more sway over their opinions than us libs or some leftist org, and I can promise as someone with friends who work on the Hill that members of Congress can be swayed by what they hear from their constituents.

In general I agree with this recommendation, although I doubt it would do much good for me in Georgia, considering who my Senators and Representative are (I live in GA-09).
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2020, 05:35:21 PM »

Remember when people gave Clinton sh*t for not coming out and giving her concession speech the night of the election? Good times.
Republicans would never have double standards.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies