Republicans: Are you going to "give Biden a chance"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:34:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Republicans: Are you going to "give Biden a chance"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Not a Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Republicans: Are you going to "give Biden a chance"?  (Read 310 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2020, 12:57:02 PM »

Throughout late 2016 and much of 2017, Democrats were told that we needed to "give Trump a chance", and to hope for his success. Are Republicans ready to live by their own words? Will you hope that Biden is successful and keep an open mind about his presidency?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 02:31:43 PM »

Depends on what you mean. I certainly don't hope Biden succeeds in packing the courts, ramming through new states, or other divisive, hyper-partisan policies. I do hope Biden is successful in implementing policies which help the economy, invest in infrastructure, ensure swift access to a COVID vaccine, and generally build up the country in a less divisive manner.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 02:52:53 PM »

You might have had a point if any significant number of you actually did what you're now demanding that we do. Nice attempt, though.

I personally don't recall ever asking leftists to ''give Trump a chance'' anyway. If you can somehow find a post I made in which I did that, feel free to quote it.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 03:07:12 PM »

Yes, Biden will deserve a chance to govern as a legitimate president.  However, that does not mean that Republicans are required to cooperate with him on his administration's priorities; Republican members of congress have mandates just as equally-valid as President-elect Biden's.

Biden "has a chance" to use the powers of his office to implement policy.  He "has a chance" to use the bully pulpit of the presidency to build a majority for his proposals.  Neither of these these change depending on whether or not the GOP comes along for the ride.   

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »

I personally don't recall ever asking leftists to ''give Trump a chance'' anyway. If you can somehow find a post I made in which I did that, feel free to quote it.

Reality stars don't deserve "a chance" to run the most powerful country on Earth. I wouldn't give a rodeo clown "a chance" to fix my toilet. I'd call a freaking plumber-- which is what America just did.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 03:40:13 PM »

They have no choice
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 04:12:52 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2020, 04:22:32 PM by It aint over 'til Stacy Abrams sings. »

Kinda sorta. I accept that he has (probably) won the election free and fairly, unless new sh!t comes to light (to quote Lebowski), but after Atlas's performance over the last four years, I am confident that I and every other blue avatar has the absolute right to bitch, moan, and make cheap personal attacks against anyone who says otherwise.

But I'm not going to riot, scream at the sky, or hurt somebody, and I don't plan on shooting up the congressional baseball game either.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 09:45:12 PM »

Duh ... seems demented to want the President to fail to any serious extent, and that includes Clinton voters with Trump four years ago.  Frankly, those people are sick with their ideology.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies