Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:49:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340690 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5000 on: November 02, 2021, 08:05:52 PM »

Once again Kornacki clearly is chomping at the bit to call it but can't because the network won't let him.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5001 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:20 PM »

Something democrats don’t get is : Responding to the CRT debate by saying but it isn’t taught in public schools is ok if it isn’t then why are you guys getting so worked up by opposing candidates saying they will ban it . If it isn’t being taught than that ban shouldn’t change a thing right .

Because Republicans don’t want to just ban the nonexistent CRT, they want to go even further and teach stuff like the lost cause myth
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5002 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:33 PM »

Clintonism and cronyism are the cancers that are killing the Democratic Party and need to be cut out.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5003 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »

Lee Carter would've easily won this.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5004 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:48 PM »

So many polls again got this race wrong one point Terry leads and it's a 10 pt blowouts
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5005 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »

Probably not as decisive in this race as the media is desperate to make it look, but Democrats need to come up with a better rebuttal to the CRT panic.

"It's not being taught in public schools, you f'ing morons" sounds like a good response to me. At this point it's time to just start saying that Republicans are manufacturing lies to create panic.

This is honestly the right answer for everything. Republicans make s[inks]t up, and Democrats - being the party of pansies in the modern era - issue a press release or make some milquetoast statement along the lines of "this is not my position".

The world doesn't work this way anymore. Anytime the GOP throws some asinine, false claim at a Democratic candidate, said candidate needs to have a shock-and-awe moment in front of every camera in the universe for maximum saturation. Saying something like "Nobody supports that and the people saying so are f[inks]ing c[inks]k-sucking dips[inks]ts" will make headline news on a national level, saturate social media and actually take control of the narrative in every situation. But as long as the GOP gets away with this crap, they'll keep doing it (because it works).

I've been called a tin-hatted conspiracy theorist for saying exactly this. I'm glad people are starting to wise up to this game. The Democratic Party's leadership needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt with people who know what they're doing.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5006 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:53 PM »

So for my Atlas peeps who were politically aware at the time (instead of being a dumb 15-year old who was more concerned with how skinny her jeans were...):

How does this compare to, say, Scott Brown's special election upset in Massachusetts? I do recall commentators heralding that as a pure rejection of Obama (as many will likely say this was a rejection of Biden).  

That was part of it but also because Coakley thought she didn't have to campaign and all and would just win because MA, and voters didn't appreciate that.

Additionally Scott Brown was a Playgirl Model and very good eye candy to White Middle Class suburban voters, despite the fact that he was just a hunk with his hair dyed dark who could barely speak in a coherent sentance.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jan/20/scott-brown-massachusetts-senator
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5007 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:55 PM »

Something democrats don’t get is : Responding to the CRT debate by saying but it isn’t taught in public schools is ok if it isn’t then why are you guys getting so worked up by opposing candidates saying they will ban it . If it isn’t being taught than that ban shouldn’t change a thing right .

Plus the apologists often add that it SHOULD be taught.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #5008 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:59 PM »

Probably not as decisive in this race as the media is desperate to make it look, but Democrats need to come up with a better rebuttal to the CRT panic.

"It's not being taught in public schools, you f'ing morons" sounds like a good response to me. At this point it's time to just start saying that Republicans are manufacturing lies to create panic.

This is honestly the right answer for everything. Republicans make s[inks]t up, and Democrats - being the party of pansies in the modern era - issue a press release or make some milquetoast statement along the lines of "this is not my position".

The world doesn't work this way anymore. Anytime the GOP throws some asinine, false claim at a Democratic candidate, said candidate needs to have a shock-and-awe moment in front of every camera in the universe for maximum saturation. Saying something like "Nobody supports that and the people saying so are f[inks]ing c[inks]k-sucking dips[inks]ts" will make headline news on a national level, saturate social media and actually take control of the narrative in every situation. But as long as the GOP gets away with this crap, they'll keep doing it (because it works).

The "Democrats say retard" challenge.
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #5009 on: November 02, 2021, 08:07:08 PM »

I don't care if is cringe:

YoungKING
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #5010 on: November 02, 2021, 08:07:12 PM »

Lee Carter would have lost by 10% lol
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5011 on: November 02, 2021, 08:07:25 PM »

Ceasing with objections to a ban gives further credibility to the narrative that they're pushing, which is that this is occurring in schools in the first place--rather than hammering home the point, around the clock if necessary, that there is literally nothing to ban in the first place.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5012 on: November 02, 2021, 08:07:57 PM »

It's the lies that are irritating. The constant misleading of people is what lead to higher COVID deaths, lower vaccination rates, etc. The more Republicans mislead people, the worse off this country is. Can't you try running on the truth? No, because the reality of what your party is is so bad that you'd lose over and over again if people understood the GOP for what it really is. Evil and narcissistic.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5013 on: November 02, 2021, 08:07:59 PM »

Democrats are flippant with their words and slogans when it comes to certain policies they support all the time, but then when CRT is called out they get fixated on that specific terminology.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5014 on: November 02, 2021, 08:08:05 PM »

I would be curious to see if Glenn's victory is thanks to Asian Americans. As a Asian American myself, especially a Vietnamese American, I am one of the few democrat Asian Americans that I know of.

In the more working class Asian communities, it's actually cultural conservativism. Obedience, respect your parents, working hard. Perhaps Glenn played into that.

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5015 on: November 02, 2021, 08:08:18 PM »

What is there to ban?   You want to erase certain history lessons or something?  It's not like CRT is a uniform textualized program outside of maybe law school. 
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5016 on: November 02, 2021, 08:09:01 PM »

Also, it's entirely possible the pandemic and school closures had a larger effect on the education vote. Parents aren't only concerned about CRT
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5017 on: November 02, 2021, 08:09:33 PM »

What is there to ban?   You want to erase certain history lessons or something?  It's not like CRT is a uniform textualized program outside of maybe law school. 

Outlaw any claim that racial "privilege" is true
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5018 on: November 02, 2021, 08:09:58 PM »

That Delta 8 gummy kicked in right about now!!! DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!!
Y'all all need to get in on this.

You partying with BRTD?

Told him a few weeks back that was bad for his health and unregulated by the FDA.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5019 on: November 02, 2021, 08:10:36 PM »

Big Farifax dump brings McAuliffe to 1 million votes. Now 57.9% of Farifax is in: currently 65.9% McAuliffe - 33.9% Youngkin.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #5020 on: November 02, 2021, 08:10:39 PM »

This really proves Republicans have literally nothing to fear from expanding voter access.   Virginia enacted AVR, expanded early in person voting and made absentee voting no excuse, along with a host of other initiatives (drop off locations, sunday voting, etc) and the Republicans still won without trouble.

The GOP's obsession with voter suppression is really pointless IMO.   It worked back in the Pre-Trump days, now it's useless for them.

It’s also the first decisive win the GOP has had in five years, so hopefully they cool it on the stolen election conspiracy theories too.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5021 on: November 02, 2021, 08:10:42 PM »

In Tennessee there is a call to ban a book about Ruby Bridges. It's nothing over the top, just a book for children that tells her true story. But because that apparently might make white children feel bad it needs to be banned. This isn't about any one theory, it's about rewriting history.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5022 on: November 02, 2021, 08:10:56 PM »

I would be curious to see if Glenn's victory is thanks to Asian Americans. As a Asian American myself, especially a Vietnamese American, I am one of the few democrat Asian Americans that I know of.

In the more working class Asian communities, it's actually cultural conservativism. Obedience, respect your parents, working hard. Perhaps Glenn played into that.

It's interesting: most of the Republican Indian-Americans that I've encountered come from upper-class suburban families (I'm an example of one).  By contrast, the working-class Indian-Americans I know skew heavily Democratic.  
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5023 on: November 02, 2021, 08:11:09 PM »

The fact that red avatars are denying that Democrats had pro-CRT messaging instead of thinking that maybe Democrats should actually speak out against CRT is telling.

Not all of us! If it doesn't exist as everyone keeps saying, nothing to lose by coming out against it! Simply nip the issue in the bud by saying "I absolutely do not support CRT and denounce it in the strongest terms possible. If it's being taught anywhere in this state, we should put a halt to that. I agree with my opponent completely."

This isn't rocket science.

Confirming an outright lie serves no purpose. If something isn't part of a curriculum why should Democrats lie and say it is? But I shouldn't even ask you considering how backwards your thinking is. You'd say Democrats should campaign on pardoning Derek Chauvin if you thought it was politically expedient.

You agree that the boogeyman would be bad if he was real. That's not the same as acknowledging the boogeyman is real. But it does serve to deflate your opponent's attempts to portray you as pro-boogeyman.

Again, not rocket science.

As for that last sentence, it's totally false and defamatory. But that said, Democrats frankly need more people like me who think in terms of what's "politically expedient" and pragmatic. Otherwise Republicans will just wipe us out over and over again.

It really isn't. You'd be out in the streets screaming "GEORGE FLOYD DESERVED IT" if you thought it was politically expedient. You just as much admitted it when you contradicted yourself with this.

But that said, Democrats frankly need more people like me who think in terms of what's "politically expedient" and pragmatic.

You are the white moderate that MLK talked about. Racist and bigoted as hell, but make excuses for it. That's why you get so offended. You've even accused me of attacking you when I never even mentioned your name in a post.
Question: are you aware that multiple black politicians (including Carl Stokes) in the 1960s involving themselves in municipal politics actually asked MLK and other Civil Rights leaders to stay away and not interfere in their efforts to coalition build? They had to actually win elections to deliver for the black community and to win elections they had to work with white ethnics with stances that MLK didn't share.
Fact is, you need to be pragmatic or the other side will destroy you. Activists might not necessarily have to be pragmatic, but politicians have to be. "Ask MLK to stay away" would be sacrilege from a modern day perspective, but it was absolutely very smart strategy from black pols who wanted to elevate the lot of their community.
Activists and politicians are two separate classes of people for a reason. What should be helped by activism is not necessarily politically expedient, and what is good to pursue in politics might not hew to what activists want.
If Alben got his way on this, black America would be better off, and America would be better off.  Sorry if this is too direct, but it had to be said.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5024 on: November 02, 2021, 08:11:16 PM »

I've been called a tin-hatted conspiracy theorist for saying exactly this. I'm glad people are starting to wise up to this game. The Democratic Party's leadership needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt with people who know what they're doing.

Us white rural Southron Dems have known this for 200 years. The real amazement is how so much of the party has forgotten about how effective it is regardless of format.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies