Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:45:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 351856 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3450 on: November 02, 2021, 11:04:38 AM »

Midday snapmap updates: Some better news for D's.
The Richmond area has a few left leaning posts, including what appears to be a burning of Youngkin signs(!?)
Another left leaning snap in Harrisonburg, while more right leaning posts were found in Louisa, Buchanan (populist!), and Franklin.

Some non partisan vote related posts were found in Clarke, Charlottesville, Galax, Danville, and Petersburg. Although these could go either way, in 2020 they seemed to correlate with better Biden performances in the area, although that likely is just correlation but not causation.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #3451 on: November 02, 2021, 11:04:40 AM »

Republican stronghold at 31% turnout at 10 AM.

They had ~48% turnout in 2017.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3452 on: November 02, 2021, 11:04:47 AM »

Duke of York

« Reply #3453 on: November 02, 2021, 11:05:52 AM »

If Republicans held a primary and Chase had won which would have been likely we wouldn’t even be talking about a Republican victory.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3454 on: November 02, 2021, 11:06:35 AM »

Republican stronghold at 31% turnout at 10 AM.

They had ~48% turnout in 2017.

That can't be good.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3455 on: November 02, 2021, 11:06:59 AM »

Hmm. Seems like early voting might be indicating a slight McAuliffe win. It's still way too early to tell as to who will ultimately come out on top, But I think the early voting and turnout reports coming in are pointing to a narrow McAuliffe victory at the moment.

I think you may be right

It's possible that Glenn Youngkin can still pull this off, but I am simply not seeing the kind of turnout that makes me think he can win this. Right now republican should be doing way better than they currently are and their turnout should be though the roof but so far that is not what we are seeing

now it's still early and who who knows, maybe as the day goes on, things will look better Republicans and Glenn Youngkin will go on to win this election, but as of right now it is starting to look like a narrow McAuliffe win to me
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3456 on: November 02, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »

Definite pattern emerging in NOVA.  Inner NOVA (Alexandria (city part), Arlington, Falls Church, inner Fairfax) are seeing very high turnout compared to outer NOVA.  Dems still want to see both high though.

Wild card seems to be PWC where early turnout was surprisingly high.  Not sure how turnout is today though.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3457 on: November 02, 2021, 11:08:28 AM »

I have long predicted McAuliffe+4. I expect that sort of result tonight.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3458 on: November 02, 2021, 11:09:05 AM »

Yeah Rockingham is sorta similar to Albemarle except shifted like 60 points red. It has the college town of Harrisonburg which is much more moderate than Charlottesville and Rockingham is deep red.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #3459 on: November 02, 2021, 11:10:01 AM »

Limoliberal posting that guy is giving me 2017 flashbacks

This whole election season has felt very nostalgic for me. The 2017 elections were the first non-presidential races I followed closely. I even joined Atlas just to read news and discussions about VA.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3460 on: November 02, 2021, 11:10:51 AM »

Bruh... If this is true... I wish

This seems unlikely as well-

Early modeled vote was 603K D, 352K R, 183K I.

Even if you gave Youngkin a +20% lead on those 183K Is, assuming both Ds and Rs mainly vote their party, you still get a +20% lead for Ds (676K vs. 462K out of 1.14M)

The modeled vote is certainly garbage based on the conservative Richmond exurbs.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3461 on: November 02, 2021, 11:11:38 AM »

I believe Loudoun was at 118,000 turnout in 2017.  

Now sitting at 84,000.  Seems very likely to surpass 2017 turnout.  Though that's to be expected even if turnout is lower as there is such a huge growth in registered voters.  
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3462 on: November 02, 2021, 11:12:14 AM »

Hmm. Seems like early voting might be indicating a slight McAuliffe win. It's still way too early to tell as to who will ultimately come out on top, But I think the early voting and turnout reports coming in are pointing to a narrow McAuliffe victory at the moment.

I think you may be right

It's possible that Glenn Youngkin can still pull this off, but I am simply not seeing the kind of turnout that makes me think he can win this. Right now republican should be doing way better than they currently are and their turnout should be though the roof but so far that is not what we are seeing

now it's still early and who who knows, maybe as the day goes on, things will look better Republicans and Glenn Youngkin will go on to win this election, but as of right now it is starting to look like a narrow McAuliffe win to me

True. No one should be confident of anything. There's a ton of votes still to be counted and anything can still happen but I do have one side as a slight favorite based on said data.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3463 on: November 02, 2021, 11:15:50 AM »

Now sitting at 84,000.  Seems very likely to surpass 2017 turnout.  Though that's to be expected even if turnout is lower as there is such a huge growth in registered voters. 
Any chance turnout % goes up due to the focus on the county in Beltway media?
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #3464 on: November 02, 2021, 11:16:32 AM »

So, forgive me if I missed it, but do we have a final count on EV + mail?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3465 on: November 02, 2021, 11:17:49 AM »

One thing that is important to remember: replicating Youngkin's playbook (win or lose) will be difficult for Republicans across the country who will not have his advantage of running in/winning a non-primary nomination contest that was designed to ensure a candidate like him emerged.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3466 on: November 02, 2021, 11:18:22 AM »

Loudoun voting scares me. Maybe all the controversy depressed D voters?
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3467 on: November 02, 2021, 11:19:15 AM »

"The kiss of death"
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3468 on: November 02, 2021, 11:20:37 AM »

"The kiss of death"

Virginia was one of the states Hillary proved to be a good fit for, if that really matters.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3469 on: November 02, 2021, 11:20:51 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2021, 11:27:11 AM by Calthrina950 »

"The kiss of death"

McAuliffe has been affiliated with the Clintons for decades, so I'm not surprised that she is supporting him.
kwabbit

« Reply #3470 on: November 02, 2021, 11:20:57 AM »

I think you may be right

This election was never about turnout in R base areas, especially given it’s an off year election. The GOP base is simply just not big enough where the GOP can win by turning them out. Youngkin’s goal has always been to peel off suburbanites in the metros that will have relatively high turnout, something that we can’t know the result of into the votes are counted.

Prognostication based on turnout is essentially useless. High turnout in the metros is more likely than not to be good for Dems, but the correlation is probably around .10 lol.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3471 on: November 02, 2021, 11:21:02 AM »

Now sitting at 84,000.  Seems very likely to surpass 2017 turnout.  Though that's to be expected even if turnout is lower as there is such a huge growth in registered voters. 
Any chance turnout % goes up due to the focus on the county in Beltway media?

Perhaps.  It looks to me like it will be similar percent turnout to 2017 but will result in a higher number of total votes due to population growth.  That should be ok for Dems as the population growth is all in Dem leaning areas.  But we'll see.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #3472 on: November 02, 2021, 11:21:27 AM »

Falls Church is a pretty good sign for TMac. Well on track to reach and probably surpass 2017 #s in one of the most white lib places.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3473 on: November 02, 2021, 11:21:46 AM »

FYI Bergton is the 2nd reddest precinct in the county at 83.1% Trump ,Reddest is next door at 83.5%. It is the NW corner of the county.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3474 on: November 02, 2021, 11:22:25 AM »

I think you may be right

This election was never about turnout in R base areas, especially given it’s an off year election. The GOP base is simply just not big enough where the GOP can win by turning them out. Youngkin’s goal has always been to peel off suburbanites in the metros that will have relatively high turnout, something that we can’t know the result of into the votes are counted.

Prognostication based on turnout is essentially useless. High turnout in the metros is more likely than not to be good for Dems, but the correlation is probably around .10 lol.

It's wishful thinking to think that elevated turnout in inner NOVA is anything but bad news for Youngkin.  Even if he peeled off a few percent, these areas consistently go Dem by 50 or 60 points.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies