Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:41:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 342399 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3025 on: October 31, 2021, 11:20:44 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3026 on: November 01, 2021, 01:40:09 AM »

Josh Kraushaar is a joke and has never been right about anything. It would improve the quality of this thread by miles if you all just stopped posting his bullish*t.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3027 on: November 01, 2021, 04:06:14 AM »

Two pieces of information straight off the Loudoun Presses...

One, the father (Scott Smith) of the girl sexually assaulted at the first school was at the Halloween Parade in Leesburg and was screaming and demanding to speak with Terry (who was there)... turns out he had a knife on him (like a hunting knife type thing) and he was almost arrested by the cops.

Second, (and this is big information that has not been leaked), the encounter between the rapist and this man (Scott Smith)'s daughter... was consensual (at least at first)... multiple charges of forcible fellatio in one encounter is a little bit unbelievable of a story (apparently to a judge as well)... The story going around is that they had hooked up a couple of times and either got caught, didn't want to continue seeing him, or was actually sexually assaulted (the least likely of these stories IMO) and told her father, a known conservative activist who donated 1.5k to a Republican statehouse candidate before this whole scandal even began. Additionally, this kid is simply not trans (a friend of a friend used to be friends with him), so if the girl or her father did make up this sexual assault story, I can imagine that she would also make up this detail. This explains why the DA placed him in another school (where he did actually sexually assault someone and should be facing severe punishment) but that detail explains a looooooot of why this hubbub is happening right around this election....

https://www.wjla.com/amp/features/i-team/teen-suspect-found-guilty-in-loudoun-county-public-school-stone-bridge-high-bathroom-assault

The rapist was convicted so as a matter of legal fact it was what you are trying to spin as the "least likely story". Dont spread bs.

Btw, I didn't find anything about Hyouzel's second story (about the father). Probably, he made up this one, too.

One, the father (Scott Smith) of the girl sexually assaulted at the first school was at the Halloween Parade in Leesburg and was screaming and demanding to speak with Terry (who was there)... turns out he had a knife on him (like a hunting knife type thing) and he was almost arrested by the cops.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3028 on: November 01, 2021, 06:23:38 AM »

If Youngkin wins, the narrative will be that Trump's endorsement helped and the GOP should embrace Trump.

If Youngkin loses, the narrative will be that he wasn't Trumpy enough and they need to go all in and support Trump.

Youngkin did not win a primary. It remains to be seen if the GOP nominees will look like in 2022.

I have different narratives.

If Youngkin wins: McAuliffe will go down as a perfect example of how to run a really terrible campaign.

If McAuliffe wins: McAuliffe winning even after all that has happened would pretty much secure the narrative that Virginia is a Democratic state at core.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3029 on: November 01, 2021, 06:26:00 AM »

We really do this every time. Every. Time.

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3030 on: November 01, 2021, 06:27:00 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2021, 06:32:10 AM by Chips »

I'm just waiting for today's polls. If none of them show McAuliffe up by more than a point or two, That would make me pretty confident that the race will be within 3-4 points either way.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3031 on: November 01, 2021, 06:35:32 AM »

I'm just waiting for today's polls. If none of them show McAuliffe up by more than a point or two, That would make me pretty confident that the race will be within 3-4 points either way.

I am VERY confident Q-pac is about to drop another Fox-like Youngkin +5 on us lmao.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3032 on: November 01, 2021, 06:47:14 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/31/us/politics/virginia-governors-race-youngkin-mcauliffe.html
In the Final Days Before Virginia Votes, Both Sides Claim Momentum
Glenn Youngkin and Terry McAuliffe crisscrossed Virginia on the last weekend of what has become an increasingly close race for governor.

It was clear in interviews with voters over the weekend that many Virginians view this election as something symbolically greater than a face-off between two candidates for governor. The contest has exposed the country’s persistent divisions over questions of race, class, privilege and the appropriate role of government, and become an outlet for Virginians to register their dissatisfaction with the political culture.

“I’m a Hillary-Biden voter,” said Glenn Miller, a lawyer from McLean, as he walked into a Youngkin rally in southern Fairfax County on Saturday night that drew more than 1,000 people. He explained his tipping point: Working from home and hearing his teenage daughter’s teacher make a comment during a virtual lesson about white men as modern-day slaveholders.

“There are a lot of people like me who are annoyed,” he said, adding that he was able to vote for Mr. Youngkin because he did not associate him as a Trump Republican. “My problem with Trump was I thought he was embarrassing. I just don’t think Youngkin is going to embarrass me or the state.”

CRT doesn't exist? Cool.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3033 on: November 01, 2021, 06:54:07 AM »

Election Eve is here, y'all!

As always, I'm personally looking forward to having a buncha new numbers, trends, swings, etc. with which to tinker. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3034 on: November 01, 2021, 06:56:48 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/31/us/politics/virginia-governors-race-youngkin-mcauliffe.html
Glenn Youngkin and Terry McAuliffe crisscrossed Virginia on the last weekend of what has become an increasingly close race for governor.

It was clear in interviews with voters over the weekend that many Virginians view this election as something symbolically greater than a face-off between two candidates for governor. The contest has exposed the country’s persistent divisions over questions of race, class, privilege and the appropriate role of government, and become an outlet for Virginians to register their dissatisfaction with the political culture.

“I’m a Hillary-Biden voter,” said Glenn Miller, a lawyer from McLean, as he walked into a Youngkin rally in southern Fairfax County on Saturday night that drew more than 1,000 people. He explained his tipping point: Working from home and hearing his teenage daughter’s teacher make a comment during a virtual lesson about white men as modern-day slaveholders.

“There are a lot of people like me who are annoyed,” he said, adding that he was able to vote for Mr. Youngkin because he did not associate him as a Trump Republican. “My problem with Trump was I thought he was embarrassing. I just don’t think Youngkin is going to embarrass me or the state.”

CRT doesn't exist? Cool.

It doesn't. And until anyone can provide proof that these random anecdotes of "my kids teacher was telling my child that white people are terrible!" are ever true, I don't believe them. Because even if something was brought up, there's no way that a public school teacher would say something like that.

Even in a world where this did happen, how is this in any way shape or form having to do with McAuliffe? I have no doubt that this person was looking for everyone reason to vote GOP, and I don't buy that he was a "Hilary-Biden" voter.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3035 on: November 01, 2021, 07:00:10 AM »

Clinton-Biden-Youngkin voters will exist. The question is to what extent do they exist? Are they just a small group or a sizable minority? If Youngkin can capture even 5-10% of Clinton-Biden voters, that's probably a good sign for him.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3036 on: November 01, 2021, 07:02:52 AM »

Clinton-Biden-Youngkin voters will exist. The question is to what extent do they exist? Are they just a small group or a sizable minority? If Youngkin can capture even 5-10% of Clinton-Biden voters, that's probably a good sign for him.

Sure, they exist absolutely - but it really confounds me, given that someone who supported Clinton and Biden would've likely supported Northam, who has objectively gotten a LOT done for VA in his 4 years - and then just be like, yeah, nah, I'll vote for Youngkin now when he's basically against nearly all of the progress that Northam has accomplished.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3037 on: November 01, 2021, 07:06:25 AM »

I can imagine myself being one of them if I was a Virginian, but we're not talking about me here.  

Anyway, it will be a super interesting statistic for sure.  I also wonder about Trump-Trump-Gillespie voters -- I'd HAVE to imagine there will be even fewer of these oddballs.  
sjnj32
United States
« Reply #3038 on: November 01, 2021, 07:23:26 AM »

If you go on the FEC Website and type in Glenn Miller in McLean, who's a lawyer, he's donated thousands of dollars to Trump Republicans, including Kelly Loeffler, Kim Klacik, and Lindsay Graham (2020), Ted Cruz (2018), among others.  Not sure he really cares about someone being a "Trump Republican."  Youngkin may well win, but not sure Mr. Miller was ever really a getable Democratic vote.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3039 on: November 01, 2021, 07:30:29 AM »

If you go on the FEC Website and type in Glenn Miller in McLean, who's a lawyer, he's donated thousands of dollars to Trump Republicans, including Kelly Loeffler, Kim Klacik, and Lindsay Graham (2020), Ted Cruz (2018), among others.  Not sure he really cares about someone being a "Trump Republican."  Youngkin may well win, but not sure Mr. Miller was ever really a getable Democratic vote.
Welcome to the forum!
Good point on Miller. He's probably claiming he voted for Biden to make his opinion matter more.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3040 on: November 01, 2021, 07:37:39 AM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3041 on: November 01, 2021, 08:14:56 AM »

McAuliffe will go down as a perfect example of how to run a really terrible campaign.

Maybe? But it sure seems like "running a terrible campaign" coincides often with "running in an environment unfavorable to your party." Mainly because it looks like nothing you are doing is sticking or making a difference, but perhaps that's because it's beyond your control and you have to keep trying different things.

This isn't something I'm deciding new in 2021 - I first felt this way in 2014.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3042 on: November 01, 2021, 08:20:00 AM »

McAuliffe will go down as a perfect example of how to run a really terrible campaign.

Maybe? But it sure seems like "running a terrible campaign" coincides often with "running in an environment unfavorable to your party." Mainly because it looks like nothing you are doing is sticking or making a difference, but perhaps that's because it's beyond your control and you have to keep trying different things.

This isn't something I'm deciding new in 2021 - I first felt this way in 2014.

True. I'm not denying that Biden's unpopularity will have undoubtedly played some part in it if McAuliffe loses, but losing in a state won by your parties' presidential nominee by ten points a year ago takes at least a fairly sloppy campaign.

Plus, I think most can agree that the McAuliffe campaign HAS been pretty bad.
JustinSmith
Rookie
United States
« Reply #3043 on: November 01, 2021, 08:24:05 AM »

I keep seeing this kind of thing happening. Someone claims "I used to X Party but the last guy was really terrible and now I'm voting for Y Party" and then it comes out they were never X Party to begin with.

What is the point of lying in this kind of way? I don't understand that there is any tangible benefit to helping the candidate you want to see win by pretending you used to support the other side. Sure, it might make people in the other party "get worried" but if anything that's more likely to drive them out to vote more.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3044 on: November 01, 2021, 08:25:19 AM »

This is going to sound ironic...But I looked up the weather and it is expected to rain in some areas of Northern Virginia tomorrow...
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #3045 on: November 01, 2021, 08:41:38 AM »

roxas11
United States

« Reply #3046 on: November 01, 2021, 08:57:10 AM »

Sure, they exist absolutely - but it really confounds me, given that someone who supported Clinton and Biden would've likely supported Northam, who has objectively gotten a LOT done for VA in his 4 years - and then just be like, yeah, nah, I'll vote for Youngkin now when he's basically against nearly all of the progress that Northam has accomplished.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3047 on: November 01, 2021, 08:58:12 AM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3048 on: November 01, 2021, 09:00:51 AM »

CRT doesn't exist? Cool.

It doesn't. And until anyone can provide proof that these random anecdotes of "my kids teacher was telling my child that white people are terrible!" are ever true, I don't believe them. Because even if something was brought up, there's no way that a public school teacher would say something like that.

Even in a world where this did happen, how is this in any way shape or form having to do with McAuliffe? I have no doubt that this person was looking for everyone reason to vote GOP, and I don't buy that he was a "Hilary-Biden" voter.

It's more accurate to say that critical race theory has been misinterpreted, rather than to declare that it doesn't exist. It certainly isn't taught in public schools, as Republicans and the right have been claiming. But it is a legitimate academic theory that has existed for decades and is normally taught in specialized sociology, history, and other such courses in colleges and in law schools.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3049 on: November 01, 2021, 09:09:06 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies