Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:22:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340076 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: July 02, 2021, 02:12:23 PM »

I feel like at this point, from comments you can read everywhere online, that the extremism in opinions of the final outcome of this race are feeding off of each other.

No, Youngkin will not win Loudoun County even though I would expect it to swing quite a bit right relatively as it is wealthier and whiter than the rest of Nova.

No, McAufflie can not win by Tim Kaine margin's statewide. The climate is just not right and the votes arent there even if McAufflie is favored.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #976 on: July 02, 2021, 02:34:39 PM »

That's optimatic, but far from impossible. I think it will be similar to 2017.
FisherF
Rookie
« Reply #977 on: July 02, 2021, 04:14:16 PM »

I think he County/Independent city map will be the same as the 2020 President map except for Lynchburg.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #978 on: July 08, 2021, 08:40:33 AM »

Youngkin says he can't share his views on abortion since they wouldn't win the independent voters support that he needs.   

In other words he's hiding his views since he knows they're unpopular in the state.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #979 on: July 08, 2021, 09:19:42 AM »

Lol, this non-answer might actually lose the dude more voters on the right than it wins him in the center.
Jackson Lee
Rookie
United States

« Reply #980 on: July 08, 2021, 02:15:05 PM »

I know my folk.

McAulife will win by 51-47 against Trumpkin.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #981 on: July 08, 2021, 02:19:01 PM »

I know my folk.

McAulife will win by 51-47 against Trumpkin.

If so, the GOP will get a lot more momentum. Hopefully it's at least as much as Northam's 2017 margin.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #982 on: July 08, 2021, 06:51:18 PM »

Not going to lie. I did not have this race on my list of "winnable races the GOP will totally blow in 2021/2022", that is after Youngkin was nominated. At first, I thought the VA GOP was going to put up any number of crazies for this race, but they actually went with the seemingly sane one of the bunch. But, his literally praise of his opponent, history of offshoring, and seemingly staunch pro life stance has totally upended this race. This is what happens when you dont have a bench in a state, you blow winnable races down the line.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #983 on: July 09, 2021, 08:05:56 AM »

Trump Endorses Youngskin, I move the race to Likely D from Lean D.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #984 on: July 09, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2021, 09:35:27 AM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Youngkin has been running a mess of a campaign. Of course, McAuliffe’s hasn’t been spectacular either, but at least he has a coherent strategy.

I don’t see an upset happening unless TMac gets hit with a huge scandal.

We really need some polls.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #985 on: July 09, 2021, 10:11:18 AM »

Trump Endorses Youngskin, I move the race to Likely D from Lean D.

IDK who thought this would be a net positive for R chances in VA?!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #986 on: July 09, 2021, 10:21:52 AM »

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7001/Which-party-will-win-the-2021-Virginia-gubernatorial-election

look at the comment section. They are debating whether or not Youngkin can outright win nova or not. While the market favors Democrats, the comment section is mostly people saying Youngkin will win Loudoun outright and has a good chance in Fairfax.

its like... lmao..
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #987 on: July 09, 2021, 10:36:03 AM »

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7001/Which-party-will-win-the-2021-Virginia-gubernatorial-election

look at the comment section. They are debating whether or not Youngkin can outright win nova or not. While the market favors Democrats, the comment section is mostly people saying Youngkin will win Loudoun outright and has a good chance in Fairfax.

its like... lmao..

The PredictIt comment section is a hellscape. None of those people know what they're talking about 95% of the time. It's best to avoid it at all costs.
Duke of York

« Reply #988 on: July 09, 2021, 10:38:10 AM »

its like... lmao..

If online comments meant anything Nixon would have defeated Cuomo in 2018.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #989 on: July 09, 2021, 10:39:58 AM »

The Youngkin people in that section basically have Youngkin carrying every jurisdiction in the state.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #990 on: July 09, 2021, 11:30:27 AM »

Youngkin will win NoVA if it's raining.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #991 on: July 09, 2021, 12:21:41 PM »

Eh, it’s not like a different Republican would better handle the abortion issue. But that’s still insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The national GOP is viewed very negatively in Virginia and that sentiment is very good at delivering Democratic victories in this state. Nothing else truly matters.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #992 on: July 09, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »

Without using the words.. he is rich... what exactly is making people think youngkin is such a great candidate and an unbeatable titan?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #993 on: July 09, 2021, 04:23:26 PM »

This is my initial  jurisdiction prediction.

First off I will start with this:

I. WILL. NOT. TOLERATE. ANY. PREDICTION. THAT. HAS. MCAUFFLIE. CARRYING. VIRGINIA. BEACH. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will not carry it.

I am unsure of Chesapeake city. Will be very close. Hopewell City could vote for Youngkin as well if the vote is heavily racially polarized. Stafford is not happening for  Democrats this November.

Chesterfield I am unsure of but think Youngkin has it but barely.

Virginia Beach will be like 53 to 46 Youngkin. Not a landslide but Democrats aren't winning it this year.

And to some clowns dismay... Democrats will win Loudoun.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #994 on: July 09, 2021, 05:18:59 PM »

I'm expecting a Youngkin sweep, but I don't know if he has what it takes to win Virginia Beach back; it has been swinging towards the Democrats pretty quickly.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #995 on: July 09, 2021, 06:18:50 PM »

Eh, it’s not like a different Republican would better handle the abortion issue. But that’s still insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The national GOP is viewed very negatively in Virginia and that sentiment is very good at delivering Democratic victories in this state. Nothing else truly matters.

The abortion stuff is not going to be decisive, and a hardline stance is usually a net gain for a Republican even in a Lean Dem state.  What's going to hurt is the Trump endorsement.  Trump has the potential to singlehandedly elect McAuliffe.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #996 on: July 09, 2021, 06:30:54 PM »

If McAuliffe acts like Martha Coakley and says "Virginia is a Safe D state now, I don't need to campaign, I can just coast by D generic....no...

This race is Likely D/Lean D

Youngkin is rich like McAuliffe and is trying to get the Black vote, the Virginia GOP Lt. Gov. candidate is a Black conservative woman, Winsome Sears....

McAuliffe+9, but he should not rest on his laurels and he should not allow the Clintons to campaign for him....maybe Biden or Harris or Obama, or maybe even AOC to consolidate the wings of the Democratic Party.....

McAuliffe should try to appeal to Southwest Virginia and get at least 70/30 or 60/40 out of there instead of 80/20....
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #997 on: July 09, 2021, 06:47:23 PM »

its like... lmao..

The PredictIt comment section is a hellscape. None of those people know what they're talking about 95% of the time. It's best to avoid it at all costs.

The stupid thing about predictit (and why nobody should use bettering markets to gauge anything besides pundant theories) is that those holding value in one candidate are motivated to post anything in discusion that would harm said candidate. Anything that could cause the market to deviate from its natural resting point and allow you to buy your candidates shares at low, then sell when the market returns to its natural resting point for a profit - or then immediately about face so you make more.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #998 on: July 09, 2021, 06:55:04 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2021, 07:13:47 PM by Chips »

Yeah the Trump endorsement doesn't look too good for Youngkin's chances.

I still don't think it's impossible for Youngkin to pull off the upset, but it will be harder.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #999 on: July 09, 2021, 07:33:07 PM »

Dems should run a "positive" commercial touting Trump's endorsement of Youngkin.  That should be enough to win the state.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies