Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:46:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340137 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: June 02, 2021, 02:36:42 PM »

So, nobody has polled the race for more than a month now?

There's going to be a crowdfunded poll sponsored by @CNAnalysis and JMC Analytics in the field after the primary, but no primary polls for a while. Also no indication when other national firms will poll the head-to-head races after the primary. In general I think firms didn't see the value when the GOP wasn't holding a primary, the governor primary is safe McAuliffe, and the other two Dem races have high numbers of undecideds.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #726 on: June 02, 2021, 06:37:27 PM »

Trumpkin's ads are still so bad.  All I take from it: "I'm tall, white, and love Jesus.  We need a new day in Virginia."

Where does he think he's running, South Carolina?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #727 on: June 04, 2021, 05:37:28 AM »

Is there any updates on the EV?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #728 on: June 04, 2021, 09:04:28 AM »

You were asking for a poll? here's your poll.

Attorney General is:

Herring 50%
Jones 20%
Undecided 28%

So the common wisdom remains consistent. McAuliffe is way ahead and already won. Herring is also ahead of Jones but by less. The Lt. Gov race remains a crapshoot. The one change is that Ayala now might have the best position in the Lt. Gov field, rather than Rasoul.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #729 on: June 04, 2021, 09:06:06 AM »

Seems like Herring has fought his way back to renomination since he rentered the race for AG. The gov-primary is obviously Safe McAuliffe while lt. gov. is a total wildcard.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #730 on: June 04, 2021, 09:30:20 AM »

It's really too bad b/c Caroll Foy would've been a good pick if not for McAuliffe. Oh well.

Also LOL @ Fairfax
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #731 on: June 04, 2021, 09:37:28 AM »

I wish we had ranked choice voting for LT Gov in particular. It’s so hard to tell who is favored and how strategic to be with my vote.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #732 on: June 04, 2021, 11:20:13 AM »

I wish we had ranked choice voting for LT Gov in particular. It’s so hard to tell who is favored and how strategic to be with my vote.

With a race this wide open and even strategic voting is next to impossible

For what it’s worth if I was in VA I’d be backing Ayala
LtNOWIS

« Reply #733 on: June 04, 2021, 12:31:11 PM »

It's amazing we have 45% undecided a few days from election day.

But I do think it's primarily an Ayala vs. Rasoul race. Ayala is #1 in polling (for what little that's worth), has the Northam endorsement and other establishment backing, and is #1 on the ballot. Rasoul has a lot of progressive support and endorsements, a lot of money, and WaPo's endorsement.

McClellan and Levine aren't out of it, with McClellan having a lot of support in Hampton Roads and Levine trying to benefit from a late ad blitz on gun control. But I do think they're second tier.

But yeah, this would be a great time for ranked choice voting. I much prefer Ayala, Rasoul and McClellan to Levine and the also-rans. Levine's my delegate and I rather dislike him. He's also running for re-election, which is tacky, but he faces a top tier primary challenge from the vice mayor of Alexandria.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #734 on: June 04, 2021, 03:01:23 PM »

I think T-Mac will easily clear 50% in the primary election.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #735 on: June 04, 2021, 04:03:34 PM »

But yeah, this would be a great time for ranked choice voting. I much prefer Ayala, Rasoul and McClellan to Levine and the also-rans. Levine's my delegate and I rather dislike him. He's also running for re-election, which is tacky, but he faces a top tier primary challenge from the vice mayor of Alexandria.

Its expected Levine will lose both primaries, at least according to the VA pundit insiders on twitter.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #736 on: June 04, 2021, 09:39:37 PM »

It's really too bad b/c Caroll Foy would've been a good pick if not for McAuliffe. Oh well.

Also LOL @ Fairfax

She should have run for Lt. Gov.  I think T-Mac and her would have made a good ticket.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #737 on: June 04, 2021, 09:43:24 PM »

Lt. Gov. race is a mess because their ads all look the same: "I voted for healthcare, I support abortion rights, I like the environment."

Don't know anything about Levine but his ads are 100% focused on gun control which seems pretty wise.  I could see him doing unexpectedly well because he's the only one distinguishing himself. 

Just saw another Trumpkin ad.  This guy is just plain awful.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #738 on: June 04, 2021, 09:50:17 PM »

Lt. Gov. race is a mess because their ads all look the same: "I voted for healthcare, I support abortion rights, I like the environment."

Don't know anything about Levine but his ads are 100% focused on gun control which seems pretty wise.  I could see him doing unexpectedly well because he's the only one distinguishing himself. 

I mean Trumpkin will basically blanket the Northern Virginia media market and with college educated whites fleeing the Democrats rapidly it is not hard to see Youngkin winning, unfortunately. Though I doubt he will even be competitive in Nova.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #739 on: June 05, 2021, 12:02:41 AM »

College educated whites will swing heavily Republican in the 2022 Midterms. Do not let Nova's results this November fool you!!!
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #740 on: June 05, 2021, 04:23:46 AM »

College educated whites will swing heavily Republican in the 2022 Midterms. Do not let Nova's results this November fool you!!!

Fixed to remove the scrolly bit
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #741 on: June 05, 2021, 07:11:41 AM »

Fixed to remove the scrolly bit

Unfortunately the squirrelly bit is still there
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #742 on: June 05, 2021, 08:16:29 AM »

I mean Trumpkin will basically blanket the Northern Virginia media market and with college educated whites fleeing the Democrats rapidly it is not hard to see Youngkin winning, unfortunately. Though I doubt he will even be competitive in Nova.

huh???
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #743 on: June 05, 2021, 11:10:14 AM »

Also LOL @ Fairfax

She should have run for Lt. Gov.  I think T-Mac and her would have made a good ticket.

Yes, definitely.  Honestly none of the LG candidates seem particularly strong and the GOP nominee has a lot of potential.  LG is at great risk of flipping if McAuliffe's margin is 5% or less.  AG could be a mess too as a narrow Herring primary win looks like the most likely outcome.  That's the most awkward situation for Dems.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #744 on: June 05, 2021, 11:28:27 AM »

Glad T-Mac is returning, and hope VA will get rid of its ridiculous archaic "no consecutive terms" law like KY did over 20 years ago.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #745 on: June 05, 2021, 12:53:07 PM »

Glad T-Mac is returning, and hope VA will get rid of its ridiculous archaic "no consecutive terms" law like KY did over 20 years ago.

Ehhh... I think it's kind of a cool ideosyncracy.  If they are going to reform something, they should get rid of the odd-year elections for state offices and move Governor/LG/AG to presidential years. 
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #746 on: June 05, 2021, 01:00:53 PM »

Ehhh... I think it's kind of a cool ideosyncracy.  If they are going to reform something, they should get rid of the odd-year elections for state offices and move Governor/LG/AG to presidential years. 

I actually like that. It gives us election nerds something to follow every year. Plus as someone who follows New Jersey politics, it's nice that things are less nationalized because they don't coincide with midterms or presidential years.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #747 on: June 05, 2021, 02:13:15 PM »

I actually like that. It gives us election nerds something to follow every year. Plus as someone who follows New Jersey politics, it's nice that things are less nationalized because they don't coincide with midterms or presidential years.

As I understand it, Alben just wants to get rid of the one term limit. I definitely agree with that. As for the off year election, they can keep this for election nerds.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #748 on: June 05, 2021, 04:38:19 PM »

Don't know anything about Levine but his ads are 100% focused on gun control which seems pretty wise.  I could see him doing unexpectedly well because he's the only one distinguishing himself.  

Just saw another Trumpkin ad.  This guy is just plain awful.

huh???

Perhaps its based on analysis from the Facebook group he frequents?
Duke of York

« Reply #749 on: June 05, 2021, 04:42:32 PM »

Don't know anything about Levine but his ads are 100% focused on gun control which seems pretty wise.  I could see him doing unexpectedly well because he's the only one distinguishing himself.  

Just saw another Trumpkin ad.  This guy is just plain awful.

huh???

Perhaps its based on analysis from the Facebook group he frequents?

which is not evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies