Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:45:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340741 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7050 on: November 14, 2023, 08:45:42 PM »
« edited: November 14, 2023, 08:48:48 PM by Voter #77 »

They're missing the ultra-conservative Patrick Henry College in Loudoun County, which definitely voted like Liberty (that said it's possible that because it's so small it doesn't have its own precinct to have this analysis)
It doesn't. In fact its precinct voted to the left of Purcellville overall, Biden got 46.5% there and just 45% in the entire city.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7051 on: November 14, 2023, 09:07:37 PM »

Nerds who voted in an off-off-year election are unrepresentative of young people (18-34) as a whole.

Probably true.  But they probably are somewhat representative of the minority of young people who vote at all!
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #7052 on: November 15, 2023, 01:41:59 AM »

No, this can’t be true! Young people have abandoned the Democratic Party because Genocide Joe supports Israel!

A lot of people my age are pragmatic. They don’t like Biden, but they rightfully revile republicans. When you’re about to be run over by a train and the only way to get out of the way is to jump into thorns, you’re gonna hesitate but you know what you have to do.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #7053 on: November 15, 2023, 06:40:50 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2023, 06:44:34 AM by Interlocutor is just not there yet »

No, this can’t be true! Young people have abandoned the Democratic Party because Genocide Joe supports Israel!

There's far more Democrats that are abandoning young people than there are young people that are abandoning Democrats
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7054 on: November 15, 2023, 07:47:06 AM »

the reason I do not bash moderate democrats is basically: look at the Loudoun County District Attorney race. Basically a hard left Dem won big against a moderate Dem challenger in the primary .. and the hard left dem lost narrowly to a moderate republican in the general. How does that help progressive causes? It does not. Though Anderson doesn't seem like he is INSANE.

Yea, I have tended to OVERESTIMATE the VA and CO GOP % most years. But if a state (VA) feels barely to the left of Missouri on the issues.. its hard for me to justify predicting big dem victories.

I. Do. Not. Believe. That. Virginia. of. All. Places. Would. Vote. That. Much. More. Than. Ohio. On. Weed. And. Abortion.

But i actually got it very spot on this year.. bare dem victories. now granted if DRUMPF was in office.. the dems would have won bigger but not more than 55 to 45 House and 23 Dem senate.

and I still believe it will be harder for the GOP to flip VA in 2024 than NC will be for the Dems,  (i actually think dems may well win NC!) but VA will be under 10%.. and most likely around 5% dem victory

Chesterfield County ZOOMING left probably can put a brake on the GOP chances federally in VA.

JMT

« Reply #7055 on: November 15, 2023, 12:10:45 PM »

JMT

« Reply #7056 on: November 15, 2023, 12:12:51 PM »

Interesting that Northam’s endorsement is now coveted. Spanberger herself called for his resignation (as did almost every VA Democrat):

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7057 on: November 15, 2023, 01:01:56 PM »

Interesting that Northam’s endorsement is now coveted. Spanberger herself called for his resignation (as did almost every VA Democrat):

Northam's deeds made everyone forget this embarrassing incident. He delivered on most Democratic priorities despite all the hand-wringing be leftists that he was a DINO and would stymie the liberals in the legislature.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7058 on: November 15, 2023, 01:04:39 PM »

Northam's deeds made everyone forget this embarrassing incident. He delivered on most Democratic priorities despite all the hand-wringing be leftists that he was a DINO and would stymie the liberals in the legislature.

Actually, the push to oust Northam got stalled once it became apparent that the next two people in line after him also had baggage of their own, and the third person in line after that was a Republican at the time.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #7059 on: November 15, 2023, 01:09:03 PM »

Actually, the push to oust Northam got stalled once it became apparent that the next two people in line after him also had baggage of their own, and the third person in line after that was a Republican at the time.

Yea, Herring was basically the same as Northam and Fairfax was a literal rapist
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7060 on: November 15, 2023, 01:11:29 PM »

And what's that got to do with your puzzlement about Northam's endorsement being so coveted?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7061 on: November 15, 2023, 01:12:34 PM »

Northam never should've considered resigning. Who cares if he wore an offensive costume 40 years ago? I'm so glad that, whatever the reasoning was, he didn't end up getting forced out of the job.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7062 on: November 15, 2023, 02:17:37 PM »

Biberaj just conceded and announced that she won’t seek a recount. Btw, she outspent Anderson something like 15-1.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #7063 on: November 15, 2023, 04:54:46 PM »

Buta has been booted!

I will take a break from making fun of Loudoun County until they inevitably do something very stupid again.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #7064 on: November 15, 2023, 05:36:53 PM »

Northam never should've considered resigning. Who cares if he wore an offensive costume 40 years ago? I'm so glad that, whatever the reasoning was, he didn't end up getting forced out of the job.
Because it makes us look like holier than thou hypocrites?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7065 on: November 15, 2023, 09:14:57 PM »

A lot of people my age are pragmatic. They don’t like Biden, but they rightfully revile republicans. When you’re about to be run over by a train and the only way to get out of the way is to jump into thorns, you’re gonna hesitate but you know what you have to do.

Sure, Right, but that doesn't take anything away from my sarcastic comment. Young people aren't abandoning the Democrats. Period.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #7066 on: November 15, 2023, 09:21:01 PM »

The subsequent revelations from Fairfax and Herring made any option politically inconvenient (and made the option of all three resigning really bad optics - imagine the one black official going to jail while the other white officials just go off into the sunset due to being in racist costumes).

And then the Democrats won in 2019 and had a trifecta where Northam governed well.

Tangentially, I've always wondered whether there was some kind of weird conspiracy behind the respective relevations (i.e. I always wondered if Northam's people knew about the Herring and Fairfax baggage and released them in the wake of the scandal as a means of "mutually assured destruction," or just plain spite)

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7067 on: November 16, 2023, 09:28:19 PM »

Can confirm. We might necessarily be fans of Democrats, the Labor Right or Blairites, but we'll still vote for them before Trump, the Liberals or Sunak.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7068 on: November 17, 2023, 08:15:28 AM »

Uh, there are rallies going on. You know what that means, right? It's how Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders both became president. You can't ignore those big beautiful crowds.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7069 on: November 21, 2023, 08:07:17 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2023, 08:53:18 AM by Oryxslayer »

A lot of this is going to be vetoed by Youngkin.  But the one that he can't veto is the first: constitutional ammendment go on the ballot if they are approved twice in two different sitting sessions of the legislature. Which means Abortion will very likely be on the 2025 2026 ballot.
Duke of York

« Reply #7070 on: November 21, 2023, 03:52:41 PM »

https://www.wvtf.org/news/2023-11-17/residents-challenge-chesterfield-county-senators-residency

Residents challenge Chesterfield County Senator's residency

Don't think Senator Hashmi will be disqualified but this is from Virginia Public Radio a reliable source unlike Daily Wire
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7071 on: November 21, 2023, 08:50:49 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2023, 02:02:49 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

https://www.wvtf.org/news/2023-11-17/residents-challenge-chesterfield-county-senators-residency

Residents challenge Chesterfield County Senator's residency

Don't think Senator Hashmi will be disqualified but this is from Virginia Public Radio a reliable source unlike Daily Wire

Again, nothing is going to happen because she didn’t break any rules/laws. Any mainstream media outlet that carries the story is just participating in Dems in Disarray sensationalism.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7072 on: November 28, 2023, 02:21:05 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7073 on: November 28, 2023, 02:50:24 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2023, 02:53:38 PM by President Johnson »

Interesting that it's the exact opposite pattern compared to the federal level.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #7074 on: November 28, 2023, 04:24:42 PM »

Democrats lost 13 seats in 2001 even as Warner won because the GOP controlled redistricting.

The same was true in 2011.

2023 is the first election since 1999 conducted on a map the GOP didn't draw.

I mean yes we can argue on multiple curves, but if the GOP had a trifecta that drew the maps odds are the GOP would have gained 5-7 with these statewide results depending on how defensive the GOP wanted to be.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies