Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:05:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 339932 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2021, 08:44:53 PM »

Virginia should honestly get rid of their current rules for Governor that bar running consecutive terms. It makes no sense why it can’t be two consecutive terms.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2021, 10:01:34 PM »

DOMINATING!

The most interesting thing about this is Fairfax is ahead of Carter. It’ll be interesting to see which one ends last
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2021, 10:12:43 PM »

I will personally be supporting Terry McAuliffe in the Democratic primary in June.  He's been tried and tested from his previous term in office, and certainly has not been found wanting. 

What is still up in the air for me are the Lt. Governor and Attorney General races...   
Spectator
United States

« Reply #353 on: April 21, 2021, 07:41:23 AM »

Virginia has really turned into a pretty boring state politically. Biden still would have won the state by a few points even if you remove Fairfax County, Arlington, and Alexandria. Republicans are finished statewide here.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #354 on: April 21, 2021, 02:10:25 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 02:40:44 PM by Monstro Believes DeSantis is more Overrated than Haley »

Virginia has really turned into a pretty boring state politically. Biden still would have won the state by a few points even if you remove Fairfax County, Arlington, and Alexandria. Republicans are finished statewide here.

When the biggest question going into November is "Will the Republican gubernatorial nominee win Chesterfield County?", it's gonna be a very boring election
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #355 on: April 22, 2021, 08:33:07 AM »

Wow! I wasn’t expecting EMILY’s List to endorse. This combined with her fairly strong fundraising could be what Carroll Foy needs to get her name recognition up to be competitive, but McAuliffe is still the obvious favorite.
Ridgemaple
« Reply #356 on: April 22, 2021, 02:32:00 PM »

The Working Families party endorses Carroll-Foy.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #357 on: April 22, 2021, 04:14:40 PM »

She's probably going to consolidate much of the non-Carter opposition soon and wind up a solid second, but the fact is that there's simply no reason for McAuliffe to lose and as such no real way to knock down his lead too much. For all practical purposes, everyone else is trying to primary him.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #358 on: April 22, 2021, 10:54:58 PM »

VAGOP moment
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #359 on: April 22, 2021, 11:03:15 PM »

VAGOP moment

Just about the dumbest state GOP in the country.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #360 on: April 22, 2021, 11:08:25 PM »

VAGOP moment

Well, they just lost the Walter Sobchak vote
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2021, 12:05:47 AM »

VAGOP moment

I’m not surprised just so extremely baffled how tone death and bluntly duplicitous this is. Like aren’t they the party of religious freedom and government respecting religion. They might as well drop all the charade and replace every instance of “religious” with “Protestant Christian”
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2021, 12:21:08 AM »

VAGOP moment

Just about the dumbest state GOP in the country.

Is this meme I just made any good?
LtNOWIS

« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2021, 01:05:16 AM »

VAGOP moment
I think it's always been this way, including at every past convention. They've always been on Saturdays and it always is detrimental to observant Jews, people who work on weekends, military reservists, people who are out of the state, or people who just have lives and don't want to go to some godforsaken basketball arena in Roanoke or something. That's how conventions work.
Epaminondas

« Reply #364 on: April 23, 2021, 03:43:12 AM »

I think it's always been this way, including at every past convention. They've always been on Saturdays and it always is detrimental to observant Jews, people who work on weekends, military reservists, people who are out of the state, or people who just have lives and don't want to go to some godforsaken basketball arena in Roanoke or something. That's how conventions work.

When are they supposed to have their convention though, on Sunday or on a week day?
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #365 on: April 23, 2021, 04:00:13 AM »

When are they supposed to have their convention though, on Sunday or on a week day?

I mean ideally, they could have a primary with polling stations near to the voters, but that would make it far too easy to vote. But yeah, I agree Saturday would be a better day than any other.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #366 on: April 23, 2021, 10:16:12 AM »

https://twitter.com/emilyslist/status/1385203194385641474?s=21
Wow! I wasn’t expecting EMILY’s List to endorse. This combined with her fairly strong fundraising could be what Carroll Foy needs to get her name recognition up to be competitive, but McAuliffe is still the obvious favorite.

This feels like significant.

Presumably Carroll Foy's only real shot is to essentially make this a two-way race by boxing out the non-McAuliffe candidates, and pivot to the 'time for change' line.

Hard to see her making it competitive without a significant gaffe/scandal on McAuliffe's part though.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #367 on: April 23, 2021, 11:40:11 AM »

I'm very unlikely to change my mind so after being vaccinated this morning,  I went ahead and voted.

Voted for Terry Mcaufflie for Governor candidate, Sam Rasoul for Lt Governor and Jay Jones for attorney General.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #368 on: April 23, 2021, 12:48:32 PM »

I'm very unlikely to change my mind so after being vaccinated this morning,  I went ahead and voted.

Voted for Terry Mcaufflie for Governor candidate, Sam Rasoul for Lt Governor and Jay Jones for attorney General.

Early voting is opened already?
LtNOWIS

« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »

Early voting is opened already?
Yes. It opened on Friday.

It's always been crazy early, because the dates were originally for overseas/absentee ballots. In the 2020 Dem primary, I actually cast my Super Tuesday ballot in Virginia before the Iowa caucuses.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2021, 03:14:05 PM »

There was a firehouse GOP primary for HD-07 (mainly Pulaski county SW of Roanoke) today. The most extreme, at least when it comes to the appeals to authoritarian identity, candidate won. I note this cause the GOP's process for selecting their statewide candidates in two weeks time is effectively a giant firehouse primary, and Marie March is to some degree comparable to Chase. It gives us a tea leave on who actually will turn out for the GOP not-primary, and who they may prefer.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2021, 04:46:25 PM »

I think KaiserDave may appreciate the name of this guy who will most likely become a Delegate later this year:

Though I suspect their politics are not terribly similar.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #372 on: April 26, 2021, 11:29:14 AM »

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/northam-endorses-ayala-for-lieutenant-governor/article_71f0d316-6e3f-56a0-a6f4-4545cc64c648.html

Governor Northam and state legislative leaders are endorsing Hala Ayala for LG. So the races is coming into focus more, with her as the establishment choice, Sam Rasoul as the more progressive choice, and other people having some regional appeal.
slothdem

« Reply #373 on: April 26, 2021, 01:02:47 PM »

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/northam-endorses-ayala-for-lieutenant-governor/article_71f0d316-6e3f-56a0-a6f4-4545cc64c648.html

Governor Northam and state legislative leaders are endorsing Hala Ayala for LG. So the races is coming into focus more, with her as the establishment choice, Sam Rasoul as the more progressive choice, and other people having some regional appeal.

Last minute effort to avoid an all-male nearly all-white ticket.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #374 on: April 26, 2021, 02:39:09 PM »

GG TMac. Time to open a prediction: will TMac win every county and independent city in the primary or lose a handful?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies