Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:12:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340297 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: July 12, 2021, 11:58:21 PM »

Just because TMac is tied to Trump doesn't mean anything especially to Blacks since in no way is T Mac tied to the insurrection, like other Rs are, T Mac wins 52/46/2
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1026 on: July 13, 2021, 01:23:30 AM »

How is this impressive. Interesting attack a Republican to try to paint your Democratic opponent as a Trump supporter??
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1027 on: July 13, 2021, 09:15:43 PM »

LOL, the fact that Youngkin is desperately trying to tie the Democrat to Trump tells you everything you need to know about this race.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1028 on: July 13, 2021, 10:19:40 PM »

Confusing ad actually,  McAuliffe already won the primary.  Why would tying him to Trump help Youngkin?  Youngkin is putting out ads every minute about how much Trump loves him.   What's the aim here?
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1029 on: July 14, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »

How is this impressive. Interesting attack a Republican to try to paint your Democratic opponent as a Trump supporter??

He's not, he's trying to call McAuliffe a hypocrite for attacking Trump while also taking money from him, or something.
compucomp

« Reply #1030 on: July 14, 2021, 01:18:15 PM »

Confusing ad actually,  McAuliffe already won the primary.  Why would tying him to Trump help Youngkin?  Youngkin is putting out ads every minute about how much Trump loves him.   What's the aim here?

He's probably going to run this ad in NoVA to try to depress Democratic turnout. The problem is if/when Trump finds out about the ad and then does something to sabotage Youngkin.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1031 on: July 15, 2021, 03:02:31 AM »

He's not, he's trying to call McAuliffe a hypocrite for attacking Trump while also taking money from him, or something.

That's the pretense for the ad.  The ad is really about trying to tie McAuliffe to Trump in any way he can before the campaign gets into full swing because Youngkin knows that's what McAuliffe is going to spend the next 3 months doing to him (a much easier argument to make given that Youngkin is actually the Republican in the race who was endorsed by Trump). 

The reality is that Trump is exceedingly unpopular in Virginia and in an off off year election like 2021 the electorate is going to be more educated than normal which means the people who actually vote will probably be more anti-Trump than the electorate that just rejected him.  So each candidate is going to want to distance themselves from Trump as much as possible or tie the other one to Trump as much as they can. 

Youngkin's ad is a desperate attempt at setting the pretext for "well both candidates are sorta the same on Trump."  It's not going to work, but I guess if I was a millionaire willing to waste my fortune on an unwinnable race I'd do that too.
UncleSam

« Reply #1032 on: July 15, 2021, 04:40:34 AM »

Painting McAulliffe as a hypocrite while simultaneously insinuating that he’s not very anti-Trump is a really good strategy for an R in VA. It won’t matter since the state is Safe D at this point, but when you have a race as unsinkable as this one you gotta try something to shake things up.

I do wonder if Trump’s insecurity will make him lash out at Youngkin over it.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1033 on: July 15, 2021, 06:00:11 AM »

Under Democrats: Virginia named #1 Best State for Business in the United States

another nail in the coffin for the Trumpkin Campaign.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/virginia-is-back-as-americas-top-state-for-business.html
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1034 on: July 15, 2021, 08:53:43 PM »

As a side note, we are getting bombarded in NOVA with Trumpkin ads.  It's not even August.  It's insane how much this self-absorbed d-bag is spending on this failed effort.  I think he's probably going to make it closer than we initially expected (maybe even within 5 points) due to the sheer amount of resources he's pumping into this.  But it's not going to be enough, I don't think.  The math just doesn't work for the GOP anymore.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1035 on: July 16, 2021, 06:05:56 AM »

As a side note, we are getting bombarded in NOVA with Trumpkin ads.  It's not even August.  It's insane how much this self-absorbed d-bag is spending on this failed effort.  I think he's probably going to make it closer than we initially expected (maybe even within 5 points) due to the sheer amount of resources he's pumping into this.  But it's not going to be enough, I don't think.  The math just doesn't work for the GOP anymore.

The Democrats need to start spending. Even if Youngkin isn't going to win, if the race is closer than it was in 2017, the GOP will gain a lot more momentum.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1036 on: July 16, 2021, 09:53:41 AM »

The reason why this race is so close Northam isn't thaylr well liked, there can be an upset between Newsom or McAuliffe because Newsom is playing with who gets 600 and not giving it the everyone in a state that gives GR to homelessness and they don't pay state income tax but pay sales taxes
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1037 on: July 16, 2021, 11:05:53 AM »

As a side note, we are getting bombarded in NOVA with Trumpkin ads.  It's not even August.  It's insane how much this self-absorbed d-bag is spending on this failed effort.  I think he's probably going to make it closer than we initially expected (maybe even within 5 points) due to the sheer amount of resources he's pumping into this.  But it's not going to be enough, I don't think.  The math just doesn't work for the GOP anymore.

The Democrats need to start spending. Even if Youngkin isn't going to win, if the race is closer than it was in 2017, the GOP will gain a lot more momentum.

Spending is certainly the case here, cause McAuliffe has plenty of money. The likely expectation, which usually isn't a faulty one, is that summer ads have less value than fall ones.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1038 on: July 16, 2021, 12:57:48 PM »

Safe D remains safe D
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1039 on: July 16, 2021, 06:14:00 PM »

Big day in Virginia, with two pieces of good news. First, it looks like TMAC and Joe Biden will be hitting the trail together again! TMAC's last minute endorsement famously fueled Biden to an historic victory in the Virginia primary on Super Tuesday.

Second, TMAC raised a ton of money this quarter!

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1040 on: July 21, 2021, 08:20:34 AM »

On paper it looks like Nova is donating to Trumpkin in droves... and reverting back to Bush 2004.

but wait..

The advantage is from this zip code..

which just so happens to be Trumpkins zipcode.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1041 on: July 21, 2021, 02:46:57 PM »

saying "Trumpkin" isn't clever, fyi
Crogers
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1042 on: July 22, 2021, 02:10:57 AM »

As much as I want Youngkin to pull out an upset, I just don’t see it happening.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1043 on: July 22, 2021, 02:26:12 AM »

On paper it looks like Nova is donating to Trumpkin in droves... and reverting back to Bush 2004.

but wait..

lol.

I do see an absolute TON of Trumpkin signs in the 22066 zip.  It's like they are all over the place in Great Falls toward Loudoun.  They magically disappear when you get to Loudoun of McLean.  That said, 22066 is a fairly swingy zip code.  In a sane world this would clearly be Republican territory but post Trump Dems do really well in areas like this.  This is the kind of zip code Trumpkin really needs to over perform in, not just 50/50, he needs zip code like this to go at least 60/40 for him to improve his margins in places like Fairfax and give him a shot statewide.  I just don't see that happening though.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1044 on: July 22, 2021, 09:59:44 AM »

Montgomery County MD is talking about covid restrictions again! I am worried they will be great campaign material for the VA GOP.

At least Northam is not requiring masks in schools. Yes, I agree it is a good idea to wear masks in schools this fall. But politically it would be a disaster for Democrats.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1045 on: July 22, 2021, 10:02:05 AM »

but wait..

lol.

I do see an absolute TON of Trumpkin signs in the 22066 zip.  It's like they are all over the place in Great Falls toward Loudoun.  They magically disappear when you get to Loudoun of McLean.  That said, 22066 is a fairly swingy zip code.  In a sane world this would clearly be Republican territory but post Trump Dems do really well in areas like this.  This is the kind of zip code Trumpkin really needs to over perform in, not just 50/50, he needs zip code like this to go at least 60/40 for him to improve his margins in places like Fairfax and give him a shot statewide.  I just don't see that happening though.

Yes, I hate that zip code. I have a problem with extreme inequality. I am sure Trumpkin will win Great Falls. He will not win Mclean though. McLean is actually fairly reliably Democratic. Apparently even Mark Warner won it in 2014.

Trumpkin's own donations to himself is literally the reason why the outside the belt way Nova area donated more to him. But without his own self funding, Tmac apparently may have outraised Youngkin in that zipcode. lmao
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1046 on: July 22, 2021, 10:26:29 AM »

Montgomery County MD is talking about covid restrictions again! I am worried they will be great campaign material for the VA GOP.

At least Northam is not requiring masks in schools. Yes, I agree it is a good idea to wear masks in schools this fall. But politically it would be a disaster for Democrats.

love how everything is spun into a 'disaster for Democrats''
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #1047 on: July 22, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »

Safe D gonna safe D. Both sides are gonna waste millions just to see a predictable McAuliffe +4 or so victory
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1048 on: July 22, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »

-rolls eyes-

Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1049 on: July 22, 2021, 02:50:27 PM »

I know the media has a vested interest in making this race as competitive as possible but can they seriously not come up with anything more compelling than "critical race theory is dooming the Democrats!!! suburbanites are surely going to vote for the Republican this time!!!"?

We've done this song and dance before already with confederate statues in 2017, the Republicans didn't win then and they aren't winning now.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies