Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:33:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340097 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: July 09, 2021, 07:33:55 PM »

Without using the words.. he is rich... what exactly is making people think youngkin is such a great candidate and an unbeatable titan?

I have been saying this for weeks.  Youngkin is completely overrated.  All he brings to the table is money and an unlikable face.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1001 on: July 09, 2021, 07:40:47 PM »

Without using the words.. he is rich... what exactly is making people think youngkin is such a great candidate and an unbeatable titan?

I have been saying this for weeks.  Youngkin is completely overrated.  All he brings to the table is money and an unlikable face.

I think part of it is that people are giving the Virginia GOP credit because for once, they didn't nominate the most outwardly crazy candidate (Chase).
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1002 on: July 09, 2021, 08:48:46 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2021, 01:17:23 AM by Chips »

Here's my jurisdiction map:

SAFE MCAULIFFE: Fairfax, Fairfax City, Prince William, Loudoun, Arlington, Manassas, Manassas Park, Alexandria, Fredericksburg, Harrisonburg, Albemarle, Charlottesville, Henrico, Richmond, Charles City, Petersburg, Williamsburg, Lexington, Roanoke City, Martinsville, Danville, Brunswick, Greensville, Emporia, Franklin City, Newport News, Hampton, Portsmouth, Norfolk

LIKELY MCAULIFFE: Winchester, Staunton, Northampton, Sussex, Suffolk

LEAN MCAULIFFE: Montgomery, Radford, Prince Edward, Surry

TOSSUP: Stafford, Lynchburg, James City, Chesterfield, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach

LEAN YOUNGKIN: Essex

LIKELY YOUNGKIN: Caroline, Spotsylvania, Westmoreland, Fluvanna, Waynesboro, Nelson, Lancaster, York

SAFE YOUNGKIN: The remaining counties and cities.

McAuliffe+6 statewide.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1003 on: July 09, 2021, 09:57:26 PM »

This is my initial  jurisdiction prediction.

First off I will start with this:

I. WILL. NOT. TOLERATE. ANY. PREDICTION. THAT. HAS. MCAUFFLIE. CARRYING. VIRGINIA. BEACH. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will not carry it.

I am unsure of Chesapeake city. Will be very close. Hopewell City could vote for Youngkin as well if the vote is heavily racially polarized. Stafford is not happening for  Democrats this November.

Chesterfield I am unsure of but think Youngkin has it but barely.

Virginia Beach will be like 53 to 46 Youngkin. Not a landslide but Democrats aren't winning it this year.

And to some clowns dismay... Democrats will win Loudoun.

This is awkward. My prediction right now has McAuliffe only carrying Virginia Beach and nothing else.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1004 on: July 09, 2021, 11:11:25 PM »

Okay, we are at 41 pages now. My goal is to hit 100 pages by end of election night. Let's do this!

Just not with maps that have Virginia Beach going Democratic.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1005 on: July 10, 2021, 08:44:38 AM »

Okay, we are at 41 pages now. My goal is to hit 100 pages by end of election night. Let's do this!

If you continue rambling and asserting things without any evidence and telling us what ignorant PredictIt people think even when we didn’t ask for it, 100 pages should be really easy.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1006 on: July 10, 2021, 05:36:02 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2021, 05:42:20 PM by Frodo »

A bit off topic, but the statue of former Governor (and Senator) Harry F. Byrd, Sr. of 'Massive Resistance' infamy, and who helped build up the much vaunted 'Byrd Machine' that dominated Virginia politics for the better part of the 20th century (and defined the Jim Crow era in the state) has been removed from Richmond's Capitol Square:

Byrd statue removed from Richmond Capitol Square

2016, DANIEL SANGJIB MIN/TIMES-DISPATCH
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1007 on: July 10, 2021, 09:11:27 PM »

A bit off topic, but the statue of former Governor (and Senator) Harry F. Byrd, Sr. of 'Massive Resistance' infamy, and who helped build up the much vaunted 'Byrd Machine' that dominated Virginia politics for the better part of the 20th century (and defined the Jim Crow era in the state) has been removed from Richmond's Capitol Square:

Byrd statue removed from Richmond Capitol Square

2016, DANIEL SANGJIB MIN/TIMES-DISPATCH

based
slothdem

« Reply #1008 on: July 11, 2021, 12:10:52 PM »

Hillariously enough, the reason why the Byrd statue was removed is because some doofus GOP rep was like "how would you like it if we tried to cancel a Democrat" and the Democratic caucus was like yeah, okay, let's get rid of this racist's statue.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #1009 on: July 11, 2021, 01:03:29 PM »

Hillariously enough, the reason why the Byrd statue was removed is because some doofus GOP rep was like "how would you like it if we tried to cancel a Democrat" and the Democratic caucus was like yeah, okay, let's get rid of this racist's statue.
Poor little GOP’ers; they’re just always three steps behind.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1010 on: July 11, 2021, 01:13:42 PM »

It was literally ONE school board meeting in one town that's not really indicative of anything, especially in Loudon County, where Joe Biden won by 25%. This is just messy journalism

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1011 on: July 11, 2021, 01:46:39 PM »

It was literally ONE school board meeting in one town that's not really indicative of anything, especially in Loudon County, where Joe Biden won by 25%. This is just messy journalism

Also the county which is home to GOP DC organizers and lobbyists, which is why they get an outsized amount of coverage for a diversifying county now dominated by govt-adjacent liberals.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #1012 on: July 11, 2021, 02:57:32 PM »

That is because they were put on the spot and as a result had to do damage control.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1013 on: July 11, 2021, 04:49:44 PM »

That is because they were put on the spot and as a result had to do damage control.
No, it’s because they’re consistent. Party ID doesn’t matter, actions do.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1014 on: July 11, 2021, 06:18:08 PM »

Also the county which is home to GOP DC organizers and lobbyists, which is why they get an outsized amount of coverage for a diversifying county now dominated by govt-adjacent liberals.

By this logic Democrats ought to target the Macomb County voters who drive to Oakland County to shop at the county's Whole Foods.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1015 on: July 11, 2021, 07:08:00 PM »

If you continue rambling and asserting things without any evidence and telling us what ignorant PredictIt people think even when we didn’t ask for it, 100 pages should be really easy.

Inb4 he says "i'm in a facebook group called reopen Virginia", for the 87th time.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1016 on: July 12, 2021, 03:18:30 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1017 on: July 12, 2021, 03:58:19 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2021, 04:24:50 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Trump is really trying his best to make sure McAuliffe wins this race lol.

I think part of it is that people are giving the Virginia GOP credit because for once, they didn't nominate the most outwardly crazy candidate (Chase).

Gillespie wasn't an outwardly crazy candidate, neither was Gade.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1018 on: July 12, 2021, 05:39:16 PM »

Trump is really trying his best to make sure McAuliffe wins this race lol.

Gillespie wasn't an outwardly crazy candidate, neither was Gade.

Why would I not be shocked if McAuliffe won by 11 after Trump visits and Dems go from 55-45 to 57-43 in the HoD.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1019 on: July 12, 2021, 06:10:40 PM »

Does Trump honestly think that "vote counters" led to his double-digit loss in Virginia in 2020? Probably, I've heard New Hampshire's votes even be put in the "stolen" category-a seven point loss apparently could have been overcome in his, and his followers', deluded mindset.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1020 on: July 12, 2021, 08:22:39 PM »

And all they had to do was not hold an actual primary.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1021 on: July 12, 2021, 09:50:32 PM »

Interesting. Former Democratic Governor Douglas Wilder, Virginia's first black Governor, blasting McAuliffe for reversing his criticism of current Gov. Ralph Northam and Attorney General Mark Herring, both Democrats who in 2019 were revealed to have worn blackface years ago at high school and college parties, respectively. In fact, McAuliffe called for Northam's resignation and now he seeks the continuing support of Northam in addition of asking people to vote for Herring for AG.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/doug-wilder-mcauliffe-virginia-elections-northam-fairfax

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jul/7/douglas-wilder-accuses-terry-mcauliffe-flip-floppi/
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1022 on: July 12, 2021, 09:51:53 PM »

You posted this twice lol
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1023 on: July 12, 2021, 09:53:05 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2021, 09:57:32 PM by UWS »

I had some Wi-Fi connexion problems and didn't know the first posting worked.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1024 on: July 12, 2021, 10:07:26 PM »

Really impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKoREtKurY&feature=emb_title
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies