Political future of Joe Cunningham.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:00:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political future of Joe Cunningham.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political future of Joe Cunningham.  (Read 653 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2020, 07:55:45 PM »

What is Joe Cunningham’s political future now that he lost his house seat?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 07:57:02 PM »

He doesn't have any.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 07:57:07 PM »

He might run for House again depending upon what happens to his district. He may take a wild stab for senate, even though he'd prolly lose.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 08:23:47 PM »

I think he'll be back.  He's very charismatic and only lost by 1% in a bad year for House Dems.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »

I think he'll be back.  He's very charismatic and only lost by 1% in a bad year for House Dems.

That was before the coming gerrymander.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 08:33:53 PM »

I think he'll be back.  He's very charismatic and only lost by 1% in a bad year for House Dems.

Making the district considerably more Republican than the current SC-1 is a Herculean task.
JMT

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 09:31:12 PM »

Maybe he could run for Governor in 2022?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 09:42:43 PM »

Making the district considerably more Republican than the current SC-1 is a Herculean task.

It is not. The seat is overpopulated, while the neighboring Safe D seat is underpopulated. It makes a lot of sense to take the Democratic parts of this seat and just give them to Clyburn.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 09:46:47 PM »

It is not. The seat is overpopulated, while the neighboring Safe D seat is underpopulated. It makes a lot of sense to take the Democratic parts of this seat and just give them to Clyburn.

That's true, but I mapped it on DRA, and the seat I got was not much more Republican than the old one.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 01:39:11 AM »

I think he'll be back.  He's very charismatic and only lost by 1% in a bad year for House Dems.

This runs head-long into VRA issues - taking in the more Dem parts of the current SC-01 would make SC-06 less black.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 01:45:37 AM »

This runs head-long into VRA issues - taking in the more Dem parts of the current SC-01 would make SC-06 less black.

SC-6 would still be black enough to be in conformity with VRA
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 01:48:48 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2020, 01:52:30 AM by Southern Governor Punxsutawney Phil »

I've tried making a more R version of SC-01 in DRA, using 2018 population and I've struggled mightily making an SC-01 than is considerably more R than the current version.
There's no obvious direction to go and any direction you go makes SC-06 more and more non-black, very fast.
Any further discussion on this ought to be in the Demography board, fyi.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 01:49:35 AM »

I've tried making a more R version of SC-06 in DRA, using 2018 population and I've struggled mightily making an SC-01 than is considerably more R than the current version.
There's no obvious direction to go and any direction you go makes SC-06 more and more non-black, very fast.
Copy the current map on dra and then trade pop.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 01:53:18 AM »

I've tried making a more R version of SC-06 in DRA, using 2018 population and I've struggled mightily making an SC-01 than is considerably more R than the current version.
Any further discussion on this ought to be in the Demography board, fyi.
As of now the aim of SC-6 is to grab as many black people as possible, the problem is that the district is not populated enough, it needs to grow, so by definition the share of black people is probably going to decrease.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies