AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:11:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years  (Read 6307 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 09, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »

For the last time. NY has not counted mail in ballots. And they break heavily Democrat.

So...let us wait.

Well in a CD with so few registered Pubs, it is hard to know just how much more heavily the break will be, particularly if absentee voters are more educated with higher incomes, which may make them more likely to defect from the Dem line in this race. The Dem bias will vary a lot across the state as compared to the existing vote. My county will have one of the highest Dem biases, my ballot being in that pile waiting to be counted. If I lived in NY-14, I certainly would cast a protest vote against her circus act.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 05:44:51 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2020, 05:49:54 PM by Torie »

You need to compare her vote total against Biden's currently. I suspect she is still running behind Biden. She certainly does not help Democrats with the act she puts on through the media.

One of the most frightening articles I read in a while was speculation that Biden could appoint Gillibrand to a cabinet position, thereby opening the door for Cuomo to appoint AOC to the Senate. I sincerely hope the governor is not that stupid.

I liked the theory, but not really it turns out. I suspect unlike most CD's in NY, AOC's challenger might do a bit  better than in absentees than in the vote so far, but basically, the Torie Dems in NY-14 are very thin on the ground. The reality is that a more than negligible number  of Dems in NY-14 are closet Pubs, or persons of color who cotton to the Trump macho act.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies