AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:49:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years  (Read 6240 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2020, 04:21:26 PM »
« edited: December 08, 2020, 11:49:50 AM by Brittain33 »

Only 91% reporting, but so far it's looking like she'll be the first Democrat since 1994 to go below 70%.  She's underperforming her 2018 numbers by 10%.

YearCandidatePercent
1994Carolyn B. Maloney58.2%
1996Carolyn B. Maloney72.4%
1998Carolyn B. Maloney77.4%
2000Carolyn B. Maloney73.9%
2002Carolyn B. Maloney75.3%
2004Carolyn B. Maloney81.1%
2006Carolyn B. Maloney84.5%
2010Carolyn B. Maloney75.1%
2012Joe Crowley83.2%
2014Joe Crowley74.7%
2016Joe Crowley70.1%
2018Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez78.0%
2020Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez68.8%

Ilhan Omar also posted the worst results in MN-05 history since 1996 (with the exception of 2006 when there was a Democrat running independent drawing 22%).
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »

Only 91% reporting, but so far it's looking like she'll be the first Democrat since 1994 to go below 70%.  She's underperforming her 2018 numbers by 10%.

YearCandidatePercent
1994Carolyn B. Maloney58.2%
1996Carolyn B. Maloney72.4%
1998Carolyn B. Maloney77.4%
2000Carolyn B. Maloney73.9%
2002Carolyn B. Maloney75.3%
2004Carolyn B. Maloney81.1%
2006Carolyn B. Maloney84.5%
2010Carolyn B. Maloney75.1%
2012Joe Crowley83.2%
2014Joe Crowley74.7%
2016Joe Crowley70.1%
2018Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez78.0%
2020Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez68.8%

Ilhan Omar also posted the worst results in MN-05 history since 1996 (with the exception of 2006 when there was a Democrat running independent drawing 22%).

Think the 2010 and 2012 district are not the same one.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 04:23:37 PM »

For the last time. NY has not counted mail in ballots. And they break heavily Democrat.

So...let us wait.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »

It’s probably that her district is full of kulaks.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 04:29:38 PM »

how is Biden performing?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »

For the last time. NY has not counted mail in ballots. And they break heavily Democrat.

So...let us wait.

Of course but you have a similar pattern with Ilhan Omar.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 04:33:15 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2020, 04:38:20 PM by gracile »

So...let us wait.

This. It's incredibly annoying that people are unable to wait for final results before wheeling out hot takes (not just referring to the OP here).
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »

So...let us wait.

So? Make this about Omar then. Don't run false narratives off of incomplete data.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 04:37:56 PM »

So...let us wait.

So? Make this about Omar then. Don't run false narratives off of incomplete data.

And Tlaib isn't  underperfoming btw. Id wait for everything.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »

lol you really tried to make a point based on incomplete results
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 04:40:25 PM »

Also one more thing- The Bronx is gonna swing a decent bit to the right this year. Hispanic gains are pretty uniform.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 04:42:10 PM »

Also one more thing- The Bronx is gonna swing a decent bit to the right this year. Hispanic gains are pretty uniform.

Not really true.

Arizona is the best example of this.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »

Couple things:

1. No mail in ballots

2. Why are you comparing NY-14 before and after redistricting? Doesn't seem like it's apples to apples, since the district shifted. I'd say the better comparison until 2010 was NY-07. Doesn't really affect your point but I thought it was weird.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »

Not really true.

Actually Arizona proves my point?

Why isn't Biden winning Arizona by more?

Its because of Hispanics, look at Santa Cruz and Yuma. The Hispanic electorate is pretty small in Arizona anyway- whites still form the majority of D voters and they swung a decent bit D which easily masks any hispanic trend.

Orange county is almost finished and only swung 1 point D, Asian + hispanic trend counteracted the white trend.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »

So...let us wait.

Well in a CD with so few registered Pubs, it is hard to know just how much more heavily the break will be, particularly if absentee voters are more educated with higher incomes, which may make them more likely to defect from the Dem line in this race. The Dem bias will vary a lot across the state as compared to the existing vote. My county will have one of the highest Dem biases, my ballot being in that pile waiting to be counted. If I lived in NY-14, I certainly would cast a protest vote against her circus act.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 04:48:01 PM »

Not really true.

Its because of Hispanics, look at Santa Cruz and Yuma. The Hispanic electorate is pretty small in Arizona anyway- whites still form the majority of D voters and they swung a decent bit D which easily masks any hispanic trend.

There's also Pima, and in Colorado, New Mexico, and central Texas. The Hispanic vote is highly anti-monolithic.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2020, 04:50:06 PM »

Not really true.

There's also Pima, and in Colorado, New Mexico, and central Texas. The Hispanic vote is highly anti-monolithic.

Theory: maybe the uniform bounce is because Trump hit the GOP floor among Hispanics in 2016 and not due to some broad cultural shift. Obv unprovable until we go through a few more cycles but I thought it might explain it a little outside of obvious big shifts like the RGV and Miami-Dade.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2020, 04:51:50 PM »

Not really true.

Tucson whites vote D, again if you actually look at the Hispanic precincts in those areas they  probably shifted right. Its just the white shift was stronger. Harris and Dallas had hispanic shifts and Im pretty sure San Antonio did too. The white shift was just more strong. Will have to check Colorado, some of the rural southern Hispanic counties continued to swing R but Pueblo narrowly flipped back.

I think people really don't realize how liberal AZ whites are atleast relatively, they are almost the same as WI whites.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 04:55:14 PM »

Not really true.

Theory: maybe the uniform bounce is because Trump hit the GOP floor among Hispanics in 2016 and not due to some broad cultural shift. Obv unprovable until we go through a few more cycles but I thought it might explain it a little outside of obvious big shifts like the RGV and Miami-Dade.

Biden did worse in the RGV than Obama, actually his performance was the weakest for a democrat since Kerry.

bruh
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2020, 05:24:29 PM »

Not even a week after the election and folks are aching to restart the center/far left conflict. It's like the last 8 months never happened.

I don't know what I'm more surprised by. That this is based on incomplete results or that the bitching didn't start within 24 hours of polls closing
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2020, 05:24:53 PM »

You need to compare her vote total against Biden's currently. I suspect she is still running behind Biden. She certainly does not help Democrats with the act she puts on through the media.

One of the most frightening articles I read in a while was speculation that Biden could appoint Gillibrand to a cabinet position, thereby opening the door for Cuomo to appoint AOC to the Senate. I sincerely hope the governor is not that stupid.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2020, 05:29:11 PM »

Good she had planned on challenging Schumer, that won't happen, she was a star when she got Market reelected over AA favored candidate Joe Kennedy, but all her goals of future leadership is out the window😃😃😃 ha, ha
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2020, 05:34:47 PM »

You need to compare her vote total against Biden's currently. I suspect she is still running behind Biden. She certainly does not help Democrats with the act she puts on through the media.

One of the most frightening articles I read in a while was speculation that Biden could appoint Gillibrand to a cabinet position, thereby opening the door for Cuomo to appoint AOC to the Senate. I sincerely hope the governor is not that stupid.

He's pretty thick, but not inclined towards boosting anyone not already part of the NY machine.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2020, 05:36:59 PM »

Hey guys, can we not start the 2024 primary yet? How about we acknowledge that there are definite disagreements within the Democratic Party (and we should discuss them without eating each other alive), but that moderates and progressives need to have each other’s backs to have any chance of winning elections?
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »

Classic GMA thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies