AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:43:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years  (Read 6292 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« on: November 09, 2020, 05:24:29 PM »

Not even a week after the election and folks are aching to restart the center/far left conflict. It's like the last 8 months never happened.

I don't know what I'm more surprised by. That this is based on incomplete results or that the bitching didn't start within 24 hours of polls closing
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 01:16:09 AM »

Shockingly, this thread is a dumpster fire.

The next 4 years of intraparty conflict are gonna be great!
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 08:30:39 PM »

Did GeneralMacArthur really bump this thread just so it can be swiftly converted from an anti-AOC thread to an anti-Omar thread?

And to think I actually enjoyed the intraparty unity around here between April & November 3
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 06:19:25 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2020, 06:23:08 PM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

Well this thread just took a hilarious detour.

Though it won't matter since this got conveniently remodeled into an anti-Omar thread. That's about the closest we'll get to a sign of concession.

Or we'll now get takes along the lines of how one of the most prominent members of Congress only slightly outperformed her "comparably unknown" predecessor.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 04:59:55 AM »

Can we not turn this into a Dem civil war? Ultimately, while I'm personally not a fan of her, she held up fine in her district, and the top of the ticket (Biden) underperformed too. I can cherry pick specific instances of strong and weak progressive performances, as well as strong and weak performances of more moderate Democrats. Ultimately, there are some districts where more moderate canidates bode better and others where progressives bode better. The real problem for us Democrats going forwards is our national branding as we're a very ideologically diverse party at this point in time. Ultimately, I'm not a huge fan of AOC for a large variety of reasons, but instead of signaling her out, let's take a look at the deeper problems of why we underperformed expectations and try to come up with a way that we can coexist.

You're about 120 posts too late
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies