AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:21:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: AOC [doesn’t] posts worst result in NY-14 in 25 years  (Read 6277 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2020, 05:13:31 AM »

This result still seems like poor evidence for the claim that running someone like the squad is a great vote-getter for Democrats because they're so much more popular with the base than centrists.

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2020, 02:12:16 PM »

Pending final results, it appears nationally that Biden won by about 4.5%.

Meanwhile, Congressional Dems won the house vote by about 3.1%

Not sure of the exact decimal points by which AOC won her district as compared to the margin that Biden carried it, but it seems to be essentially exactly the same as that nationwide house underperformance.

Any thoughts, MacArthur?
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2020, 05:34:28 PM »

Why does this matter? Is AOC under threat of losing to a Republican?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »

Well, Google said that NY-14 numbers were 99% in when I made this thread, so I don't know why they were lying about that.

Regardless, just because she ended up not doing abysmally in her own district doesn't mean the rest of the country should take her advice about how to win elections.  It just takes away what would have been an amazing example of the extent to which her arrogance is laughably unwarranted.  There's still dozens of other examples.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2020, 07:29:52 PM »

Well, Google said that NY-14 numbers were 99% in when I made this thread, so I don't know why they were lying about that.

Regardless, just because she ended up not doing abysmally in her own district doesn't mean the rest of the country should take her advice about how to win elections.  It just takes away what would have been an amazing example of the extent to which her arrogance is laughably unwarranted.  There's still dozens of other examples.

Do you really tho? Besides Ilhan Omar and Kara Eastman? Cuz last I checked the rest of the swing district Dems who support M4A, e.g. Jared Golden, Josh Harder, Matt Cartwright, not only won but also outperformed Biden?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies