Trump concession megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:27:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump concession megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump concession megathread  (Read 1631 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2020, 08:25:20 AM »

Anyone who thinks this delusional idiot will ever concede and accept reality, post your thoughts about it here.

Personally I don't really care if he does or not, I'm gonna make a ton of money off the stock market rallying around President Biden regardless.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 08:28:37 AM »

Trumpians are hypocritical, they were popping champagne corks when they were glad when Hillary conceded, but they refuse to make Trump concede

States will certify Biden as the Election winner and Electoral College will certify Biden as Prez on Dec 15th, hopefully on  Dec 16th, he conceded and progress to the transition
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 08:59:12 AM »

He is tearing the country apart by not conceding.  Lines that he previously drew are being underlined and a dagger is being driven straight through the heart of liberty. All because he can’t be a real man.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 09:43:43 AM »

Mr. Trump will never concede to the day he dies. He's incapable of showing any dignity. He will always claim the election was rigged because he doesn't like the outcome. The dude still thinks illegals voted in 2016 which is why he lost the NPV.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 09:50:17 AM »

Mr. Trump will never concede to the day he dies. He's incapable of showing any dignity. He will always claim the election was rigged because he doesn't like the outcome. The dude still thinks illegals voted in 2016 which is why he lost the NPV.
I agree, except that I don't think he actually believes any of it. It has been the plan for a long time to claim voter fraud to avoid looking like a loser. He'll go to his grave claiming that the election was stolen and he doesn't care that it hurts his country. Infact he does not care one iota about his country or his voters. All he cares about is himself and if anyone believes otherwise I've got a used car to sell them.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 09:51:19 AM »

Could take a while ...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 09:58:06 AM »

Trump has deluded himself into thinking he's the greatest president ever and, therefore, couldn't possibly lose re-election.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 09:59:44 AM »

Had Biden won by 10 points the reaction would have been the exact same.
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 10:13:48 AM »

I agree with the posters who said that Trump will not concede.

The question is, who will suffer the most by Trump's refusal to concede?

In my estimation, this will probably kill his chances for a successful presidential bid in 2024 for himself, as well as both of his sons, who are the ones urging him to keep fighting.

As for the GOP as a whole, I think the damage will be minimal, given that they are mostly urging Trump to concede.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 11:02:38 AM »

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 11:58:38 AM »

To quote a wise man, "Bitch, be humble."

DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 12:47:33 PM »

I don't even know if there will ever be a concession.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 12:54:59 PM »

I don't even know if there will ever be a concession.

Hypocrisy is the word, Trump wanted one from Hillary and she graciously concede to Trump and the pt spread in WI, PA is identical from Biden point spread of victory in 2020 to Trump spread of victory in 2016

He needs to give one so, the transition of the Covid response depends on it the Electors are set to certify Biden on 12/15 anyways
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2020, 08:48:03 AM »

Mr. Trump, you are the weakest link. Goodbye.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2020, 08:54:44 AM »

He conceded though that Obama was born in the US! It was more difficult.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 09:07:45 AM »

Michael Cohen says Donald Trump will flee to Mar-a-Lago and never return to White House
Speaking on MSNBC, Michael Cohen said the president would probably fight the election result until January and beyond from the comfort of his Florida escape.

“I would not be shocked if there is no concession speech at all. My theory is that at Christmas time he goes to Mar-a-Lago. I think he will stay there through the inauguration. I would not be shocked if he will not show up to the inauguration either,” Mr Cohen said.

“He cannot let the camera look at him and basically pull down the curtain and see the wizard standing beside. He is just a loser and it is killing him and, right now, what is going on in the White House is nothing but finger-pointing.”

While this is terrible behavior from the President, it would be pretty standard for Donald Trump. Hopefully this is as bad as he gets.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 09:29:14 AM »

Once the electoral college votes and Biden has the electors what else can he do? tell Pence not to open them in January? I don't think Pence can do it. he can't stop an inauguration after the EC vote even if he really wants and SCOTUS won't give him an injunction against the vote.

If he won't concede after the EC vote he will just be remembered as a sour loser and it will bite him in the arse in 2024
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 09:57:06 AM »

I don't think he will ever concede. He's going to continue to de-legitimize Biden's presidency for the next 4 years and run again if he's healthy enough and not in jail.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 10:02:44 AM »

He will never concede. He is a privileged narcissist who has never worked for anyone other than family or himself for his entire life. No one could fire him up until now and he can't stand not being in control of his own fate. This is his greatest failure and he won't accept it.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 10:07:33 AM »

I don't think he will ever concede. He's going to continue to de-legitimize Biden's presidency for the next 4 years and run again if he's healthy enough and not in jail.

Exactly.

And the reason McConnell and others are signing on is because they don't want to anger the Trump cult base with these runoffs. McConnell isn't that stupid, he knows it's over for Trump. For sure, he's doing so at a terrible price.
woodley park

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2020, 10:29:40 AM »

I'm confident about three things:

First off, Trump will never concede.

Second, his refusal to facilitate an orderly transition will kill his chances for 2024, as even Trump-Biden voters will remember his disastrous behavior amidst a climactic COVID surge.

Third, his endorsement will be the most valuable and sought after asset in the 2024 GOP primary. So that means the entire party's next slate of candidates is going to have to indulge his deranged fantasy that the election was stolen from him, if they want to have any hope of getting his endorsement. The whole country will be worse off for it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2020, 11:43:35 AM »

I'm confident about three things:

First off, Trump will never concede.

Second, his refusal to facilitate an orderly transition will kill his chances for 2024, as even Trump-Biden voters will remember his disastrous behavior amidst a climactic COVID surge.

Third, his endorsement will be the most valuable and sought after asset in the 2024 GOP primary. So that means the entire party's next slate of candidates is going to have to indulge his deranged fantasy that the election was stolen from him, if they want to have any hope of getting his endorsement. The whole country will be worse off for it.

I am not so sure this will kill his chances in 2024. 85-90% of his voters believe in what he is doing and will never believe Biden has been legitimately elected. Covid will be a distant memory by 2024, and I am worried Trump will have a good shot at being elected again by 2024.

But you're right that if he does not run in 2024, and I firmly believe he will, his endorsement will mean everything. Trump will have a firm grip on the GOP after he leaves office, and he won't fade into obsurity.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies