How many CDs has Biden won? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:17:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How many CDs has Biden won? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many CDs has Biden won?  (Read 17178 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 09, 2020, 03:46:52 AM »

I don't think there were that many Trump/dem CDs

There were a few. ME-02 and PA-08 immediately come to mind.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 05:20:10 AM »

I’m guessing that if Douglas County as a whole was so close, he probably even got close to winning the DougCo part of the district.
I am eager for Colorado precinct data.

Biden probably won it outright. Isn't that the most Dem-favoring area of the county? It looks like Crow won it 49-48 according to the NYT.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 01:14:29 PM »

You overrate how easy it is to cut Orlando from 3 Dem to 2 Dem districts while Florida adds 2 districts overall. It's almost certainly not possible to do without a Jacksonville swing seat. Otherwise, all the surrounding territory which is also compensating for parts of Tampa jut gets too close for comfort.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 03:30:20 AM »

PSA to the Republicans angling for 10-4 in GA. These Atlanta-Appalachia seats you keep wanting to draw have swung 10-15 points towards Biden from Clinton '16 alone, and in every single election for the past decade+, metro Atlanta has moved left. Gerrymander at your own risk!
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 02:07:04 PM »

PSA to the Republicans angling for 10-4 in GA. These Atlanta-Appalachia seats you keep wanting to draw have swung 10-15 points towards Biden from Clinton '16 alone, and in every single election for the past decade+, metro Atlanta has moved left. Gerrymander at your own risk!

I think the Republicans will probably cede the Gwinnett seat and try to crack Cobb, I'm genuinely not sure if it'll last the decade though.

The wisest thing they could do would be to try to flip GA-02 and instead concede 5 seats in the Atlanta area (4 would need to be black majority CVAP for this to hold up in court).

I don't think you can "trade-out" VRA seats to hit some quota. It doesn't work like that.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 05:54:17 PM »

5 seats in Atlanta is a fair map lol.

Uh-uh. 7 seats in Atlanta is a fair map. It's half the state. One (Milton, Forsyth) would lean R but be cancelled by the Columbus/Macon seat for 7-7 statewide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies