AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:32:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel  (Read 44544 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: April 08, 2021, 01:55:03 PM »

I guess he also has a leftover on his campaign's bank account from 2020, when he was already raising insane amounts of money? While it's a good sign for energy on the ground, it doesn't mean Kelly is a shoe in for reelection. But given his solid approval ratings, the state's general trend and the direction as well as candidate bench of the Arizona Republican Party, Kelly should be favored for getting a full term. Lean Democratic for now.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »

Ducey would have been a strong candidate in 2020, but 2022 is likely a different story. He may not even win the primary if Trump goes against him and in the general he could struggle with Republican turnout for simply confirming Joe Biden's presidential win. He won't get support from Democrats and leaners either.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 01:03:00 PM »

Random thought: this race is clearly Lean D, if not Likely, now... but had John McCain not got cancer, would he have been favoured in this election? I feel like he would have.

He would have been DOA in a GOP primary.

Absolutely, and probably not even run for reelection again. There's also little doubt in my mind McCain would have voted to convict Trump in both impeachments. The first would be have been kind of ironic, with both Republican opponents of Obama voting to remove Trump from office as the only members of their party.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 02:30:47 PM »

OK now I'm convinced he's running because he wants to be famous and for no other reason. This is ridiculous

Seems like this the primarily intention of several Republican candidates, including Oz, Vance and Walker. I'm not reading anything on substantive issues what they want to accomplish for the greater good. Republicans in 2022 haven't much to offer other than fighting culture wars and self-pity over the 2020 election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies