"This f--ing virus": POLITICO writes about the inside of the downfall of the Trump campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:42:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  "This f--ing virus": POLITICO writes about the inside of the downfall of the Trump campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "This f--ing virus": POLITICO writes about the inside of the downfall of the Trump campaign  (Read 507 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2020, 05:45:38 PM by Chad Biden »

POLITICO has an excellent piece about the inside of the Trump campaign's downfall. Over 75 sources contributed to it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/07/this-f-ing-virus-inside-donald-trumps-2020-undoing-434716

Among the lowlights:

This f--ing virus,” Trump asked dismissively, according to a person with direct knowledge of the exchange, “what does it have to do with me getting reelected?

"Communication between the Trump campaign and Republican National Committee broke down for much of the final stretch, and the two sides clashed over strategy. The RNC thought Trump’s ads were of such low quality that it created its own commercials."

"Senior campaign and GOP officials vented that Trump’s finance team, led by former Fox TV host and Donald Trump Jr. girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle, underperformed and was an HR nightmare. Trump couldn’t compete with Biden’s small-dollar fundraising machine, and some donors were horrified by what they described as Guilfoyle’s lack of professionalism: She frequently joked about her sex life and, at one fundraiser, offered a lap dance to the donor who gave the most money."

"The relationship between Trump and his longtime aide chilled. No longer did the president call Parscale “my Brad.” When Parscale left the room after a meeting ended, the president would roll his eyes dismissively."

"And at an event in Jackson Hole, Wyo. earlier this year, Guilfoyle and the younger Trump joked about how she raised money while in hot tubs. Another attendee presented a slightly different version, saying that whoever in the audience raised the most money would be offered a hot tub party with Guilfoyle."

The St. John’s moment was a low moment for any Republican president,” said Bryan Lanza, a former Trump adviser. It was intended as “a George W. Bush moment at the Twin Towers,” Lanza added, but “it just didn’t unfold that way.”

The article also has some takes about the inside of the Biden campaign as well.

This thing will go down as one of the most historically-ugly train wrecks in all of presidential politics.

And, yes, this article suggests Trump Jr. is okay with his girlfriend suggesting that she can sexually please other men for donations.

2020 - wild. 
Buzz

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 05:53:59 PM »

The Guilfoyle stuff is not surprising at all lol
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 05:54:39 PM »

The Guilfoyle stuff is not surprising at all lol

"The best...is yet...to cum!"
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 05:54:42 PM »

I cannot wait for all the tea.

Movies, tv specials, books, interviews, probably Broadway musicals. It's gonna be so much fun.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 06:00:32 PM »

These use to be democratic values and certainly not the pro-family, pro-religious and moral values that I value. It is kind sick. Trump did ok on economic issues but I am kind of glad we can now hopefully do better on stuff like this.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 06:22:36 PM »

These use to be democratic values and certainly not the pro-family, pro-religious and moral values that I value. It is kind sick. Trump did ok on economic issues but I am kind of glad we can now hopefully do better on stuff like this.

My mother who is deceased now, while she voted for Trump in 2016 and certainly approved of his views on many things, I can say she spent most of the 1990s and 2000s railing against the Clintons and JFK and other Democrats who "sleep around" etc etc. One of the things she really liked about Mitt Romney aside from being tough on the immigration issue, was that he had a boring and stable family life.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 06:35:13 PM »

I cannot wait for all the tea.

Movies, tv specials, books, interviews, probably Broadway musicals. It's gonna be so much fun.
Always thought Trump be an amazing President to read and learn about in some sort of history class a hundred years in the future where you could look back and laugh at how weird people use to be.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 07:11:57 PM »

Don Jr is even more of a loser than his dad, clearly. The Trump campaign overall also was a mess and has to be one of the worst general election campaigns in modern history. It just goes to show how high of a floor Trump had with such a loyal and enthusiastic base.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 07:18:50 PM »

Trump actually was lucky, and partly due to his own doing, that the virus didn't seem to be as important to voters as it seemed.

Don Jr is even more of a loser than his dad, clearly. The Trump campaign overall also was a mess and has to be one of the worst general election campaigns in modern history. It just goes to show how high of a floor Trump had with such a loyal and enthusiastic base.

That's why I think the American populace only slightly redeemed themselves overall. Polarization is one hell of a thing to overcome. Let's hope that a President Biden in a post-Trump America can at least put a dent in it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies