How can the Republicans win back Georgia and Arizona?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:36:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How can the Republicans win back Georgia and Arizona?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can the Republicans win back Georgia and Arizona?  (Read 678 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2020, 05:01:42 PM »

We've just made it through 4 years of concern trolling about Dem ability to retake PA, MI, and WI, traditionally Dem states that went GOP by less than a point in 2016.

Well, we now have two traditionally GOP states, GA and AZ, go Dem by less than a point. It's time we spend 4 years concern trolling about that.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 05:11:33 PM »

AZ is gone, but GA is expected to gain 2 R seats in Redistricting and if Warnock runs for reelection he may lose and Gov Sonny Perdue, Nathan Deal have all been reelected, so will Gov Brian Kemp
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 05:14:57 PM »

Republicans need to run a Southerner who will have a genuine appeal in Georgia. I think when the 65+ group reverts back to voting Republican, Arizona will return to the GOP column.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 06:11:08 PM »

Republicans need to run a Southerner who will have a genuine appeal in Georgia. I think when the 65+ group reverts back to voting Republican, Arizona will return to the GOP column.

The Georgia one would work...but I don’t think relying on 65+ to come back is the best Arizona strategy.
The GOP should make inroads in inner-city Phoenix.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 06:16:12 PM »

We've just made it through 4 years of concern trolling about Dem ability to retake PA, MI, and WI, traditionally Dem states that went GOP by less than a point in 2016.

Well, we now have two traditionally GOP states, GA and AZ, go Dem by less than a point. It's time we spend 4 years concern trolling about that.

Georgia flipped with very little attention be paid to the state and I feel like the best way for the Democrats to win the Georgia run offs may be just to keep them as low profile as possible. Tricky balancing act but I feel like the extreme hype of the SC/KS senate races doomed Democrats there.

The GOP can win Georgia in 2024 yes but it will be trending to the Democrats going forward.

The GA/VA comparisons are a bit simplistic though. It is helpful for GA Democrats that it is 32% black versus Virginia's 19% but it is obvious that VA Democrats do far better in downstate Virginia versus Democrats in non-Atlanta metro Georgia.

Arizona I am genuinely unsure about its prospects for either party. Too many contradictory demographic trends there.
mardigrappa
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 06:34:05 PM »

Both can easily flip back to Republicans and will be close in the future.

Maricopa County is going to be a real problem for republicans here in the future and by the 2030s and 2040s I expect it to at least have a lot more urban focuses. But suburbia still reigns strong here, and AZ isn't always the best, but Republicans haven't really helped this state too much either. But I expect candidates to really put this state in the spotlight in the future.

I don't know if it has all the benefits of Virginia's higher education/tech & jobs explosion especially from D.C., but AZ also doesn't have crazy rural pockets, just a lot of sprawl.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 06:43:29 PM »

Twiddle their thumbs until Harris loses them.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 06:49:49 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2020, 06:55:24 PM by Tucker Carlson 2024 »

Win back the suburbs and try to make gains with black and latino voters. Also don't lose white voters.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 06:55:42 PM »

Keep the dem winning margin from 3-4% or less
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies