NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:22:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction  (Read 40955 times)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« on: March 05, 2021, 04:45:59 PM »

Would Hassan be considered DOA at this point after voting against the $15 dollar minimum wage?
But a Republican would vote against it too. Would Hassan beat Corey Lewandowski?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 04:49:59 PM »

What are the odds of Corey Lewandowski winning the GOP primary?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 04:57:52 PM »

He'll definitely have an easier job of getting the MAGA base behind him, but Sununu seems too popular for Lewandowski to beat. Could definitely have the potential to be a competitive primary though.
If Sununu doesn't run, isn't Lewandowski heavily favored to be the nominee if he runs?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 05:01:53 PM »

He'll definitely have an easier job of getting the MAGA base behind him, but Sununu seems too popular for Lewandowski to beat. Could definitely have the potential to be a competitive primary though.
If Sununu doesn't run, isn't Lewandowski heavily favored to be the nominee if he runs?

I think so. Doesn't mean he'll beat Hassan though.
I can't imagine him beating Hassan. A recent poll showed him losing to Hassan by double digits.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 07:31:08 PM »

Would Hassan be considered DOA at this point after voting against the $15 dollar minimum wage?

It doesn't help her chances.

Yeah I will never understand who is consulting these ppl to vote unpopular policies just so they can call themselves a "moderate"

I think her inability to clearly articulate what moves her and what her agenda is will make her very vulnerable to Sununu, but sadly not in a primary. Tossup w/o him, Lean R w/
You think Lewandowski could beat Hassan?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 09:59:35 PM »

Likely D if Sununu loses the primary or doesn't run.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 10:01:23 PM »

Who will be the GOP nominee?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 11:07:27 PM »

Will the GOP nominee be an anti-establishment Tea Party candidate?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 09:08:26 PM »

Who wins the primary without Sununu?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2021, 02:10:24 PM »

Will the GOP nominee be an extremely toxic anti-establishment Tea Party candidate?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2022, 07:45:24 PM »

Starting to see the impact of the leaked SCOTUS opinion a bit in the Senate race now. Morse had a pretty measured statement

Basically, a nod to the pro-life movement, but asserting that he supports abortion in the first six months of a pregnancy. Also noting that the decision will have no impact on NH. Probably a fairly decent line to take which I can't see antagonizing anyone too much.

Kevin Smith, on the other hand, was much more explicit in taking a pro-life line

Granted, it is a text to supporters, but of course that sort of thing always tends to get out. I will say, beyond the "we are so close to ending abortion one and for all," the actually talking points (i.e. supporting a ban on late term abortion while saying Hassan is an extremist on the issue) aren't that far off from Morse and would not be that bad, and the public messaging is mostly about late-term abortion.

I would tend to think it may not be the best strategy for a Republican to try and be on the offensive with this issue in NH, but then again this will probably be an attack from the Democrats throughout the campaign, so maybe getting out in front of it is the better call. But I think probably it's better to take the Morse approach and just sound sensible when the issue comes up, rather than risk mobilizing pro-choice voters against you when otherwise it might not be as big of an issue.
How will Don Bolduc will react to this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies