NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:29:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31
Author Topic: NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction  (Read 40933 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: November 16, 2021, 04:19:19 PM »
« edited: November 16, 2021, 10:21:51 PM by Fmr. Gov. NickG »

Why not the father?  He's only 3 years older than Biden.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #451 on: November 16, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2021, 08:43:37 PM by Kelly/ CCM/Hassan/ Warnock More Vulnerable than Tester »

Republicans would be better off with someone untainted by Washington or lobbying experience, and John Sununu is basically the exact antithesis of that. Surely there must be a halfway sane state legislator or businessman waiting in the wings, especially given the size of the NH Legislature?
JMT

« Reply #452 on: November 17, 2021, 09:39:38 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #453 on: November 17, 2021, 10:00:48 AM »

The Sununu name and his brother's coattails would carry him through the finish line.

Tell that to incumbent Senator Evan Bayh.

Not sure this is a fair comparison. IN is more reddish at federal (and state) level than NH is blue.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #454 on: November 22, 2021, 09:32:36 AM »

Republicans would be better off with someone untainted by Washington or lobbying experience, and John Sununu is basically the exact antithesis of that. Surely there must be a halfway sane state legislator or businessman waiting in the wings, especially given the size of the NH Legislature?
How exactly are they supposed to win a primary?
JMT

« Reply #455 on: December 07, 2021, 05:41:04 PM »

This is interesting: some of the leading potential Republican candidates for Senate are meeting today, in hopes of avoiding a divisive primary.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #456 on: December 07, 2021, 06:11:29 PM »

This is interesting: some of the leading potential Republican candidates for Senate are meeting today, in hopes of avoiding a divisive primary.

Smart Play! Hopefully they can come up with something!
JMT

« Reply #457 on: December 07, 2021, 06:44:16 PM »

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #458 on: December 07, 2021, 09:13:30 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2021, 04:45:34 AM by Your Vote Is A Muscle »

I would be very, very surprised if Morse ran. He's passed on plenty of good opportunities for a run for office in the past, and he also has a business of his own to manage.

Sununu Jr. or Edelblut are probably their best bets, despite Edelblut's failures as Ed Secretary. As I've said before, the NHDP's failure to make Sununu's education policy an issue is the single largest misstep I've seen in New Hampshire politics. He's ultimately not very well known, and the NHDP's case of terminal #Resistance Brain hasn't cleared up yet. If he's able to define himself as a smiley Nice Guy Smiley like Sununu he wins.

I could see the wave dragging a C-lister like a Bill Binnie or a Kevin Smith across. Guinta is too corrupt to win, Corky is a meme, and Bolduc is a joke who would immediately get triaged.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #459 on: December 09, 2021, 02:18:48 PM »

Either way, my vote has not changed. After my sister's return to waitressing and recent events, if anything I'm more enthusiastic. My primary (and general) vote against Hassan will be the most enthusiastic vote I've casted since my primary vote for Bernie.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #460 on: December 09, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »

Either way, my vote has not changed. After my sister's return to waitressing and recent events, if anything I'm more enthusiastic. My primary (and general) vote against Hassan will be the most enthusiastic vote I've casted since my primary vote for Bernie.

Any serious non-Hassan Democratic candidate who could jump in? Wikipedia says the only guy running against her is a former GOP state rep.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #461 on: December 10, 2021, 04:04:36 AM »

Any serious non-Hassan Democratic candidate who could jump in? Wikipedia says the only guy running against her is a former GOP state rep.

Probably not a high profile one. The NHDP has always managed to keep party unity.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #462 on: December 10, 2021, 04:14:45 AM »

If you're voting against Hassan because she voted against the Minimum wage the Rs I'd they get control won't pass a Minimum wage bill they were told to pass a Minimum wage during the Obama yrs and Boehner adamantly refused so an R in control won't do anything on the  Minimum wage

Rs are trying to repeal all the Covid mandated that Biden put in place, they're gonna pretend Covid isn't gonna exist again
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #463 on: December 10, 2021, 03:02:04 PM »

Democrat or Republican, I'm not supporting anyone who supports paying food service workers 19th century wages. Sorry not sorry.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #464 on: December 13, 2021, 02:52:34 PM »

The Democrats heading into a full-blown obvilion in 2022 in New Hampshire and elsewhere and they might not need an A-Lister or B-Lister to defeat Senator Hassan
https://nhjournal.com/exclusive-new-nhjournal-poll-finds-biden-bbb-underwater-with-granite-state-voters/

Biden has a 43/57 Favorable/Unfavorable Rating; BBB Bill is being opposed by Granite State Voters 45-52.

A jaw-dropping 70 % of of New Hampshire Voters say the Country is off the wrong track among other things.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #465 on: December 13, 2021, 03:24:50 PM »

^And yet, even in this poll Republicans only lead the GCB by a mere plurality of five points (47-42). No gender crosstabs released (which makes any NH poll less interesting/reliable) but I suspect there’s a sizable gender gap, with more female than male voters 'undecided.' NH women are easily one of the most inflexible D groups in the nation, and in a federal race (esp. one with a female D and a male R opponent), they will be a bulwark for Democrats even in a GOP wave year. If this were a true swing state, this race would be Lean R given Hassan's/Biden's approval/favorability numbers, but again, NH women aren’t particularly persuadable, and much of the male vote is similar to the Hispanic vote in FL in that Democrats have an unusually high floor compared to other states with a similar demographic make-up (that might change next year, but I’m not going to bet on NH men outvoting NH women).
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #466 on: December 13, 2021, 08:20:24 PM »

It seems like there's a good chance Hassan loses even without Sununu running, which goes to show just how dismal things look for Democrats right now.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #467 on: December 13, 2021, 09:25:26 PM »

I can't find any records of a firm like this, there;s no crosstabs or demographic information, and they apparently did this for a Republican site.

I've been consistent about a C-lister like Bill Binnie being able to win, but this poll is trash. JUNK IT!
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #468 on: December 23, 2021, 06:35:25 PM »

New NH poll which shows Democratic prospects in the state improving substantially is quite something:

Biden approval: 49/50 (-1) (was -9 before)

Among NH women: +41 (70% Approve, 29% Disapprove)
Among NH men: -42 (29% Approve, 71% Disapprove)

https://scholars.unh.edu/survey_center_polls/682/

Hassan favorability: +3 (43% Favorable, 40% Unfavorable) (was -10 in November)

Among NH women: +43 (64/21)
Among NH men: -38 (21/59)

Yes, you saw that right: Those are 83- and 81-point gender gaps, respectively. MS-type polarization, guys.

Favorability of GOP candidates:

Don Bolduc: -15 (18/33)
Corky Messner: -33 (8/41)
Chuck Morse: -17 (8/25)
Frank Edelblut: -25 (7/32)
Frank Guinta: -31 (5/36)
Bill Binnie: -10 (5/15)
Kevin Smith: -9 (3/12)

Sununu approval is down to +5 (52/47). It was +19 in November.

https://scholars.unh.edu/survey_center_polls/683/

I am shocked.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #469 on: December 23, 2021, 06:41:43 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2021, 06:46:17 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

It seems like there's a good chance Hassan loses even without Sununu running, which goes to show just how dismal things look for Democrats right now.

Lol Hassan is ahead of all opponents, SUNUNU like Laxalt was up 3/4 pts within the margin of error

Despite what MT Treasure says CCM isn't DOA and if Hogan runs against Van Hollen Da will still win because Tom Perez is running for Gov and defeat Steeli

That's why  SUNUNU didn't run he still wanted a political career if he lost his career would end if Hogan loses he can run for Prez in 24
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #470 on: December 24, 2021, 02:10:24 PM »

Will the GOP nominee be an extremely toxic anti-establishment Tea Party candidate?
JMT

« Reply #471 on: January 09, 2022, 06:13:50 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #472 on: January 09, 2022, 06:46:20 PM »

Much better than lunatic Bolduc. Let's see what happens here.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #473 on: January 09, 2022, 07:39:31 PM »

Morse running! Good! I knew he would after Sununu passed on the Race.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #474 on: January 09, 2022, 08:48:46 PM »

This is a legit shock. I didn't even expect him to run for anything - he's been talked about as a candidate for higher office for forever and has passed every time. I didn't expect him to run, let alone for Senate.

I have very mixed feelings about the entire thing. He's reasonable enough to get dragged across the finish line. He's more of an old-school fiscal conservative instead of a Trumpy type. The guy hasn't pushed the anti-vax crap like Packard or the Executive Council have.

The real red flag is that in his announcement article he's not really running with a clear plan. For a long-established fiscal policy wonk with 20 years of experience, you'd expect him to have a clear set of positions. It's all just generic platitudes with specifics promised "by the end of the month".
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies