Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:22:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 290968 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: August 22, 2021, 05:51:20 PM »
« edited: August 22, 2021, 05:57:57 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

They keep posting polls in this thread about Biden Approval, LOL Nate Silver said it's a 268/304 map and 220/215 H delegation either way and D's are favored to win 52/48 and numerical number of Govs

Nothing has changed but the poorly planned Afghanistan withdrawal puts a damper on wave insurance seats, bit we don't know what 2022 will be like Oct 2022/ wave insurance is D's path to Statehood

Waves don't happen a yr prior to Election anyways, TRY BACK Oct 2022

Furthermore, soccer mom's float back and forth between D's and Rs thats why we get 54 Approvals and another day 46%, the FBI CLEARED TRUMP of Wrongdoing I'm the Insurrectionists, the VOTERS HAVE THEIR FINAL SAY IN 2022

It's a Black/Brown and Female election not just a White make Election, that's why the only time Rs have done well we're two Elections due to Tea Party 2010/12
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1826 on: August 22, 2021, 06:06:13 PM »

I think a bigger longterm threat to Biden's approval ratings will be the confusion surrounding COVID-19. Regardless of how anyone in this thread feels, our government's messaging basically went from "If you get vaccinated, you get your life back to normal" to "If you get vaccinated, you're still at risk and a risk to others and need to keep wearing masks and now need to get vaccinated again every 8 months and even then you probably still aren't safe." That's ultimately going to be much more frustrating to American voters than Afghanistan which is more complicated since even those who disapprove of him wanted us out of the region.

Not the government's fault. What else are they supposed to? If people don't get vaccinated, plans will have to (and they already have) changed. The anti vaccine and anti maskers are the ones that are ruining everything for everyone, so it's bewildering how Biden's handling of COVID has gone down when he's done everything he could possibly do.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1827 on: August 22, 2021, 06:11:26 PM »

I think a bigger longterm threat to Biden's approval ratings will be the confusion surrounding COVID-19. Regardless of how anyone in this thread feels, our government's messaging basically went from "If you get vaccinated, you get your life back to normal" to "If you get vaccinated, you're still at risk and a risk to others and need to keep wearing masks and now need to get vaccinated again every 8 months and even then you probably still aren't safe." That's ultimately going to be much more frustrating to American voters than Afghanistan which is more complicated since even those who disapprove of him wanted us out of the region.

Not the government's fault. What else are they supposed to? If people don't get vaccinated, plans will have to (and they already have) changed. The anti vaccine and anti maskers are the ones that are ruining everything for everyone, so it's bewildering how Biden's handling of COVID has gone down when he's done everything he could possibly do.

People's approval isn't usually so nuanced, but still I think voters can (quite fairly, imo) place blame on Biden for the lower vaccination rates. His administration is in charge of the messaging and the messaging seems to be a failure lately. Also, the decision to start hyping up universal booster shots, which is still pretty dubious as it is, when there's still a sizable amount of people uneasy about getting the vaccine in the first place seems misguided and confusing. Again, the government's stance on COVID-19 is confusing, much like the chaos in Afghanistan is confusing. All this makes Biden seem weak and hapless.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1828 on: August 22, 2021, 06:31:47 PM »

People's approval isn't usually so nuanced, but still I think voters can (quite fairly, imo) place blame on Biden for the lower vaccination rates. His administration is in charge of the messaging and the messaging seems to be a failure lately. Also, the decision to start hyping up universal booster shots, which is still pretty dubious as it is, when there's still a sizable amount of people uneasy about getting the vaccine in the first place seems misguided and confusing. Again, the government's stance on COVID-19 is confusing, much like the chaos in Afghanistan is confusing. All this makes Biden seem weak and hapless.
Right, because Biden just randomly decided to allow booster shots. Seriously get a grip.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1829 on: August 22, 2021, 06:38:06 PM »

Right, because Biden just randomly decided to allow booster shots. Seriously get a grip.

I said in my initial post "Regardless of how anyone in this thread feels . . ." meaning that I'm focusing on how I think recent decisions have affected his approval rating. Do you believe that this had no impact on Biden's approval? Or did you just see an opportunity to be rude to someone you disagree with?
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1830 on: August 22, 2021, 07:07:16 PM »

Based on 538 it looks like Afghanistan is already starting to fade as an issue

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Biden dropped to his lowest on august 20 when he hit 48.9 percent for the first time, but today he has jumped back up to 49.4

Ahem.. During same time his disapprovals went up from 45.2 to 46.2, so his net still went down. Marginally, yes, by 0.5%, but down. Plus, there will always be some noise day to day or even week to week.

It’s not just Afghanistan. His ratings were falling before that

According to the nbc poll today, the American rescue plan is underwater by 3 points

Right track/wrong track is 29-63

These are not numbers you want to see as the party in power

This is true

Biden approval was slowly declining before the Afghanistan withdrawal but there is no question that Afghanistan was the main reason why he experienced the biggest poll drops of his presidency

I don't know if there is no questions about it. It depends on which date most people really start to understand it was a mess. Depending on this date Biden could have lost from 30% to 70% before Afghanistan.

I would argue that most people don't really follow the news. Kabul fell August 15th, and the most horrid videos started to popping 16-18th August? When did most Americans see that? 16th? 17th? Or perhaps 20th? I don't know. As I said, most people just live their lives.

But, for instance, NBC poll that came out today and showed 13 drop (since April among all adults) was done 14-17 Aug. So, perhaps, most of this drop came before sh**t hit the fan. It's just my speculations, obviously, but it isn't as clear as you imply it is, imo.

The other thing, that kinda back me up, is that Americans approve of Biden’s response to the coronavirus crisis went down as well. It was very steady for a half year at about 62/32 (+30), then at beginning of July it started to went down. Today it at 53/41 (+12). Still good, much worse then before.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/coronavirus-polls/

Similar with economy
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_biden_job_approval_economy-7321.html

Will Biden re-bound, at least a little? I'd say (much?) more likely yes, than no. We'll see.

The main reason why im skeptical of this is beacuse this simply does not explin why Biden numbers are now going up. if covid and the economy was the reason for the decline than there should be no reason for Biden's poll numbers to be improving right about now since nothing about the economy or Covid has changed over the last few days

The only thing that has changed over the past few days is that Afghanistan is no longer getting the wall to wall coverage that it was getting last week.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1831 on: August 22, 2021, 08:00:22 PM »

There is almost zero evidence yet that his numbers has started to go up. Noise.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1832 on: August 22, 2021, 08:58:43 PM »

It's been a historic week. A red wave in 2022 looks a lot more likely now, unless the Democrats can turn this around, and fast. The longer this becomes baked into people's minds the harder it is to get Biden back into decently positive (+5-10) approval that he needs to stave off a beating in the House. And this isn't considering that the polling averages are still overstating his support by a few points, with some pollsters (like Hill/Harris, Morning Consult, and IBD (don't know what happened to them!)) skewing his averages significantly at times. It is sometimes counterbalanced by Rasmussen, but that's the only one that's consistently more right-leaning than the rest.

While I agree with you that a red wave is likely, it always was, the Afghanistan debacle is incidental to it.

I disagree with you that this will stay in the minds of Americans by November 2022 and become "baked in." Americans will only care about it if it's in the headlines. And while it still may come up here and there, during an election year like 2022 I expect that we'll hear much more about and Americans will prioritize deficits, the economy in general, the pandemic, taxes, and naturally; bulls*** culture war nonsense instead.

I never said it would become baked in, but if Biden's approval stays where it's at now, it would suggest something did become baked in. It's not just Afghanistan, as most people support the withdrawl but disapprove of the handling. It's also the economy, which has taken a sour turn in public opinion lately as more voters have noticed inflation, supply chain shortages, and worker shortages, even as the economy adds more jobs and unemployment slightly decreases. It's also the pandemic as cases are rising and the vaccine efficacy has declined. Biden's approval was trending downward to this point anyway, but this week has been historic because for the first time his approval got into the negative (from "reputable" sources) and he actually got some criticism from legacy media, his most ardent propagandists.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1833 on: August 22, 2021, 09:03:52 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2021, 09:08:11 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

It's been a historic week. A red wave in 2022 looks a lot more likely now, unless the Democrats can turn this around, and fast. The longer this becomes baked into people's minds the harder it is to get Biden back into decently positive (+5-10) approval that he needs to stave off a beating in the House. And this isn't considering that the polling averages are still overstating his support by a few points, with some pollsters (like Hill/Harris, Morning Consult, and IBD (don't know what happened to them!)) skewing his averages significantly at times. It is sometimes counterbalanced by Rasmussen, but that's the only one that's consistently more right-leaning than the rest.

While I agree with you that a red wave is likely, it always was, the Afghanistan debacle is incidental to it.

I disagree with you that this will stay in the minds of Americans by November 2022 and become "baked in." Americans will only care about it if it's in the headlines. And while it still may come up here and there, during an election year like 2022 I expect that we'll hear much more about and Americans will prioritize deficits, the economy in general, the pandemic, taxes, and naturally; bulls*** culture war nonsense instead.

I never said it would become baked in, but if Biden's approval stays where it's at now, it would suggest something did become baked in. It's not just Afghanistan, as most people support the withdrawl but disapprove of the handling. It's also the economy, which has taken a sour turn in public opinion lately as more voters have noticed inflation, supply chain shortages, and worker shortages, even as the economy adds more jobs and unemployment slightly decreases. It's also the pandemic as cases are rising and the vaccine efficacy has declined. Biden's approval was trending downward to this point anyway, but this week has been historic because for the first time his approval got into the negative (from "reputable" sources) and he actually got some criticism from legacy media, his most ardent propagandists.

Yeah 500 days out from and Election and with no international Terrorist attack because our planes have real IDs and Cockpit doors locked, , the Afghanistani troops can recapture territory lost already, they have taken back territory already, Biden withdrawal plan would look great

Trump was already gonna take out Troops, we still have drones to bomb terrorist, our navy airport carries are in the Pacific already

Wait until 2022 before you naysay, we are 500 days out and 1500 days from a Prez Election, Some users are so quick to crown Mccarthy Speaker, we haven't had final report from insurrection Commission

Between Progressive Moderate and his R favored maps and Election Guy, they act like 2021 Mccarthy will be CROWNED Speaker, no he's not

THIS ISNT 2010/WHERE OBAMACARE WAS UNPOPULAR WE ARE IN A Pandemic

Election Guy doesn't want to see DC or PR statehood and if that happens Blks would get Reparations, but it's okay to give Giant tax cuts to oil companies like Jerry Jones and Vince McMahon to pay athletes like Westbrook and Jon Cena 45M
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1834 on: August 22, 2021, 10:34:51 PM »

this is a fair point and his recent rise may very well end up being noise from some polls

But if that turns out not be the case, then I suspect that we will see Bidens numbers continue to slowly rise as Afghanistan continues to fade. In the end, I don't see him getting any huge poll boost unless he either succeeds in passing his domestic agenda or if the covid situation dramatically starts to get better

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1835 on: August 23, 2021, 06:25:14 AM »

this is a fair point and his recent rise may very well end up being noise from some polls

But if that turns out not be the case, then I suspect that we will see Bidens numbers continue to slowly rise as Afghanistan continues to fade. In the end, I don't see him getting any huge poll boost unless he either succeeds in passing his domestic agenda or if the covid situation dramatically starts to get better

COVID is not going to keep getting worse.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1836 on: August 23, 2021, 06:49:14 AM »

You know it's a disease among Homeless people, homeless people are everywhere not just on Skid Row and Shelters, they're on buses and trains and walk in Grocery stores, we had a TB and Hepititis C epidemic before Covid and it attacks your Red blood cells it's not deadly. There is no need to keep going to Hospital, Doctors can't do anything for viruses, antibiotics don't work only T Cells and fluids, H2O  ceases viruses

COVID is not going to keep getting worse.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1837 on: August 23, 2021, 08:20:35 AM »

ARG economic survey (monthly), Aug. 17-20, 1100 adults including 992 RV

Adults:

Approve 49 (-4)
Disapprove 46 (+3)

RV:

Approve 50 (-4)
Disapprove 46 (+3)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1838 on: August 23, 2021, 09:01:54 AM »

Crist is leading DeSantis by 57/43% and this prove that Tim Ryan, Abby Fink and Cheri Beasley aren't finished, that's what Rs get for listening to FOX NEWS
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1839 on: August 23, 2021, 11:19:45 AM »

There is just barely a plausible case for distributing booster shots to some of the most vulnerable people who are going on a year out from their first vaccination. On the whole, the updated guidance and the suggestion that everyone will soon be eligible feels random, indiscriminate, and disconnected from scientific evidence. It seems more like a political move meant to reassure the most skittish Americans that they can, in fact, do something (and this is something, so therefore they must do it).
I mean, we aren’t the only country in the World to allow booster shots and studies on boosters and on vaccine efficacy waning over time do make a case for boosters. Had you argued that we should be sending these vaccines instead to third world countries, that would be a good point, but you didn’t. Your logic falls flat as usual regarding you and Covid.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1840 on: August 23, 2021, 11:27:13 AM »

Since the FL poll I am back excited about PR and DC Statehood, of we get DC statehood we can get 11 judges instead of nine and overturn Citizens United, of Roberts is swing vote again, he is more likely to side with Liberals and Reparations for Bios since Native Americans, mixed in with Latino population get Per Capita and get Section 8 vouchers due to Dreamers

We don't need 13 JUDGES, Roberts is a Maverick and there is no need for that many, because in Appeals Crts when they have over 10 judges switch off depending on the case
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1841 on: August 23, 2021, 05:51:57 PM »

NBC's bipartisan team of pollsters say Covid -- more than Afghanistan -- has dented the president's numbers.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1842 on: August 23, 2021, 05:52:41 PM »

This is Election Guy yesterday thinking that McCarthy has the Speakership all locked up, and it's 2021 not 2022

He was against Boehnership nothing has changed between the Boehnership Speakership and what Mccarthy Speakership would look like

News flash No one voted on Afghanistan, Bin Laden, Arafat, Ghaddafi, Saddam and Musharraf all terrorist that get weapons from Iran and Syria are dead and we have Real IDs at airport, there hasn't been an international Terrorist attack for a long time
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1843 on: August 23, 2021, 05:54:55 PM »

NBC's bipartisan team of pollsters say Covid -- more than Afghanistan -- has dented the president's numbers.

There was full approval of the Covid vaccine so you will have to wait and see what happens
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1844 on: August 23, 2021, 06:30:27 PM »

There was full approval of the Covid vaccine so you will have to wait and see what happens

That's not Biden's accomplishment, though. Trump would've pushed hard for it, by the way.

But if Biden uses the full approval for a strong push for more Vaccine Mandates/Requirements, I'd say it would help him a lot. It seems like it is already happening, but imo Biden should be more active about it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1845 on: August 23, 2021, 07:04:17 PM »

That's not Biden's accomplishment, though. Trump would've pushed hard for it, by the way.

But if Biden uses the full approval for a strong push for more Vaccine Mandates/Requirements, I'd say it would help him a lot. It seems like it is already happening, but imo Biden should be more active about it.

What else should he do?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1846 on: August 23, 2021, 08:35:27 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2021, 08:39:10 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

Arafat, Ghaddafi, Bin Laden, Musharraf, and Saddam Hussein whom instigated Israeli and European international Terrorist attacks are dead or no longer empowered and we got Security with Real IDs, body scanners on planes, NOTHING IS GONNA HAPPEN TO US CONCERNING A TERRORIST ATTACK, IT DOESNT MEAN MUCH TALIBAN TAKING OVER, they would have done it already, the closest thing they did was bomb an Embassy in Benghazi

THEY DON'T HAVE THOSE GUYS TO LEAD AN INTERNATIONAL TERRORIST ATTACK AND COUNTRIES HAVE THEIR FILL WITH COVID

Not that big oil f a deal concerning counterterrorism if Taliban briefly takes over

That's why Crist after all that is leading in polls against DeSantis

Rs just want talking pta
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1847 on: August 23, 2021, 08:45:20 PM »

Arafat, Ghaddafi, Bin Laden, Musharraf, and Saddam Hussein whom instigated Israeli and European international Terrorist attacks are dead or no longer empowered and we got Security with Real IDs, body scanners on planes, NOTHING IS GONNA HAPPEN TO US CONCERNING A TERRORIST ATTACK, IT DOESNT MEAN MUCH TALIBAN TAKING OVER, they would have done it already, the closest thing they did was bomb an Embassy in Benghazi

THEY DON'T HAVE THOSE GUYS TO LEAD AN INTERNATIONAL TERRORIST ATTACK AND COUNTRIES HAVE THEIR FILL WITH COVID

Not that big oil f a deal concerning counterterrorism if Taliban briefly takes over

That's why Crist after all that is leading in polls against DeSantis

Rs just want talking pta

Your posts make me flaccid

I don’t appreciate this
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1848 on: August 24, 2021, 04:03:25 AM »

It's been too long to have a Terrorist attack, the Taliban aren't a Secular group but the truth is that Iran and Russia controls that region, there aren't any Israeli suicide bombings, there are Rocket attacks

With Real IDs and Full body scanners and Arafat, Hussein, Ghaddafi, Bin Laden and Musharraf, the only hijacking of planes and international Terrorist attack on subways and Embassies are over,

But it can be 2o35 when we have another Terrorist attack, that's why it doesn't mean much Taliban or ISIL TAKING OVER Afghanistan and this isn't Biden WATERLOO

That's why Charlie Crist and Tim Ryan and Cherry Beasley and Abby Fink can all win win because Biden has saved this country from reckless Fracking from Trump disaster of an oil policy, excessive droughts on West while Hurricanes are in the Gulf where oil is

AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1849 on: August 24, 2021, 10:30:14 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies