Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:31:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 [252]
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 284296 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6275 on: March 13, 2024, 02:29:03 AM »
« edited: March 13, 2024, 02:51:24 AM by Arizona Iced Tea »

Given the continued decline in Biden’s approval polling, I think this can safely be called the worst SOTU (politically) since Ford or Carter.
See the weird thing is initially after watching it, I thought it was a decent speech. But it appears he may have been a bit too divisive which left a bad taste in people's mouths in contrast to his 2020 campaign focused on unity.

Also I sometimes wonder how on earth was Biden able to have a pretty high approval rating for most of 2021? It seems Afghanistan threw him off a cliff he never managed to recover from.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6276 on: March 13, 2024, 04:07:56 AM »

Given the continued decline in Biden’s approval polling, I think this can safely be called the worst SOTU (politically) since Ford or Carter.
See the weird thing is initially after watching it, I thought it was a decent speech. But it appears he may have been a bit too divisive which left a bad taste in people's mouths in contrast to his 2020 campaign focused on unity.

Also I sometimes wonder how on earth was Biden able to have a pretty high approval rating for most of 2021? It seems Afghanistan threw him off a cliff he never managed to recover from.

The frustration continues for me. I am baffled at what was so "divisive" about the speech. There was a lot of red meat for the Democratic base, as that's what the speech was meant to shore up and reassure, but the goals, accomplishments, and concepts he espoused really weren't discussed in a firebrand Bernie Sanders sort of way that were meant to exclude anyone except Trump's most zealous supporters, perhaps.

Is promoting a raised minimum wage, affordable health care, reproductive access, a ceasefire for all sides in Israel-Palestine, better pay for teachers, tuition forgiveness, supporting a conservative bill to address the border issue, maintaining a free and fair republic, support for unions, voting rights, protection of earned benefits, and much more all really that alienating? It sounded like actual "populism" to me. But then again, I'm out-of-touch with "real America" apparently, even though they're supposed to care about and support all of this too.

If Biden can't make a dent with a campaign like this and ends up losing, it really will be the fault of an irrational electorate, I'm sorry.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6277 on: March 13, 2024, 04:38:37 PM »

The frustration continues for me. I am baffled at what was so "divisive" about the speech. There was a lot of red meat for the Democratic base, as that's what the speech was meant to shore up and reassure, but the goals, accomplishments, and concepts he espoused really weren't discussed in a firebrand Bernie Sanders sort of way that were meant to exclude anyone except Trump's most zealous supporters, perhaps.

Is promoting a raised minimum wage, affordable health care, reproductive access, a ceasefire for all sides in Israel-Palestine, better pay for teachers, tuition forgiveness, supporting a conservative bill to address the border issue, maintaining a free and fair republic, support for unions, voting rights, protection of earned benefits, and much more all really that alienating? It sounded like actual "populism" to me. But then again, I'm out-of-touch with "real America" apparently, even though they're supposed to care about and support all of this too.

If Biden can't make a dent with a campaign like this and ends up losing, it really will be the fault of an irrational electorate, I'm sorry.
So I took another skim through the speech and I can start to see that the problem was he didn't attempt to do it in a unifying manner. SOTU should try to bring the nation together to tackle priorities facing the country. It should not be utlized like a campaign rally. Unlike Obama, Biden specifically tried to attack the GOP and wanted to exclude them from working with him. That doesn't leave a good taste in people's mouths especially coming from a guy who wanted bipartisanship 4 years ago.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6278 on: March 13, 2024, 05:31:55 PM »

So I took another skim through the speech and I can start to see that the problem was he didn't attempt to do it in a unifying manner. SOTU should try to bring the nation together to tackle priorities facing the country. It should not be utlized like a campaign rally. Unlike Obama, Biden specifically tried to attack the GOP and wanted to exclude them from working with him. That doesn't leave a good taste in people's mouths especially coming from a guy who wanted bipartisanship 4 years ago.
blaj, blah blah

Lol we haven't voted yet and no body supports Trump 2T dollar tax cuts how many times do Ds have to tell you this wait til we vote
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6279 on: March 13, 2024, 05:55:00 PM »

Even if Trump gets reelected the 2T dollar tax cut he passed has to be renewed in 25 and it's gonna be a govt shutdown if Rs get the Trifecta because there is still a Filibuster in the S, that's why we need to raise taxes on wealthy that's why I call it blah, blah blah
Redban

« Reply #6280 on: March 22, 2024, 12:04:06 PM »

PA: 40 approve / 60 disapprove
MI: 35 approve / 64 disapprove

CNN
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix