Biden definitely does NOT have dementia or suffer from the effects of his mini strokes.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:08:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden definitely does NOT have dementia or suffer from the effects of his mini strokes.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden definitely does NOT have dementia or suffer from the effects of his mini strokes.  (Read 477 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2020, 03:41:31 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2020, 03:46:01 PM by Frank »

This was something I just realized when I saw his second post election comments in which he  simultaneously called for all votes to be counted while claiming victory while claiming that he wasn't claiming victory.

I had long thought that Biden was semi incoherent and rambled and I thought this was especially the case post 1988 when he suffered his mini strokes.

However, I now think it is beyond a reasonable doubt that his seeming incoherence is deliberate and strategic.  He is staking out ground while providing a retreat for himself if necessary.

He has demonstrated a repeated pattern of doing this, as I showed above being one example.  Other cases:

1.The so-called Biden rule.  At one point in that speech in 1992 he did, in fact say that President Bush should not be able to nominate a Supreme Court Justice in the final year of his term.  However, 10 minutes later he directly contradicted himself.  His whole speech seemed rambling and semi incoherent, so it was hard to know what he was calling for, but he did, in fact, stake out arguments to advance the issue while providing a retreat for himself in case the advance went nowhere.

2.For those who 'remember' the debate where Julian Castro said to him "don't you remember what you just said?"  Castro was both right and wrong on this, and so was Biden.  In fact, Biden had said what Castro called him out for 'not remembering' but, the problem for Castro here, is that about two minutes prior to that, Biden had said the exact opposite.

I believe I had one more example of Biden taking contradictory positions at the same time, but I can't remember (maybe I'm starting to suffer from dementia)  however, I want to add this is not the case of 'on the one hand vs on the other hand.'

"On the one hand, vs one the other hand' is making contradictory arguments over the premise of a conclusion, what Biden does is make contradictory conclusions:  In conclusion, there should be a 'Biden rule', and in conclusion, there should not be a 'Biden rule.'

I think this is quite cynical but I think there is no question it is also quite strategic and it also does not provide evidence that Biden has dementia.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 03:45:12 PM »

Biden has nothing more than politician's amnesia, where he "forgets" that he supported a controversial opinion once it becomes unpopular. Every elected official suffers from it at one point or another.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 03:47:01 PM »

Biden has nothing more than politician's amnesia, where he "forgets" that he supported a controversial opinion once it becomes unpopular. Every elected official suffers from it at one point or another.

Yes, but unlike Biden, they generally don't do it in the same speech.

Trump of course was an obvious exception, but at times he'd make contradictory arguments in the same paragraph if not the same sentence.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »

Eh, I was uncomfortable with Trump’s flailing being interpreted as 5D chess, and I’m also uncomfortable with the idea that Biden is somehow faking a lack of acuity for political gain.

I think Occam’s razor applies. Trump is not great at strategic thinking, and Biden is a decent man who’s less sharp than he was 8 years ago, while remaining competent.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 04:07:02 PM »

Eh, I was uncomfortable with Trump’s flailing being interpreted as 5D chess, and I’m also uncomfortable with the idea that Biden is somehow faking a lack of acuity for political gain.

I think Occam’s razor applies. Trump is not great at strategic thinking, and Biden is a decent man who’s less sharp than he was 8 years ago, while remaining competent.

Watch and see.  I think over the next four years you'll see that Biden does play 5D chess.  I think he'll get called out on it in a way that he hasn't been previously now that he's on the biggest stage, and then we'll see how he responds.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies