Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:34:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 257789 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: November 07, 2020, 04:30:38 PM »

Honestly, I think Democrats' chances in the Warnock seat went down a lot the second Perdue slipped under 50%.

Warnock could have made this a straight election of character against Loeffer. But now she might be dragged across the finish line on straight ticket voting.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 05:09:18 PM »

Honestly, I think Democrats' chances in the Warnock seat went down a lot the second Perdue slipped under 50%.

Warnock could have made this a straight election of character against Loeffer. But now she might be dragged across the finish line on straight ticket voting.

There hasn't been a split Senate result since SC 1966.

Yep, that's my thought. With Perdue at 49.8% in the first round, I have a hard time seeing this not ending with him victorious.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 01:10:55 PM »

Warnock is getting hit pretty hard by the right today for a past anti-Israel letter he signed as part of his church. While I definitely find some of the commentary in there offensive, it also doesn't have any real tinges of antisemitism and his current statements make me think this is more of a Conor Lamb situation than an Ilhan Omar situation.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 01:50:22 PM »

I'm gonna guess there's some more to the story than Cotton claimed, just because that's the kind of thing where you don't even get into the primary if that can be easily dug up.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 08:31:18 PM »

Some want Joe Manchin or Krysten Sinema to switch parties this week, if there is a 50-50 tie.

I don't think that would happen.

Manchin controls the Senate and can personally shut down anything his enemies on the left flank want. He's much more powerful as a Democrat than as a Republican, especially if he's retiring after this term.

Sinema seems even less likely. She's a mainstream center Dem like her fellow AZ Dem Senator.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 09:10:01 PM »

Potential senators Warnock and Ossoff would be the best senate delegation of any state, hands down.

Ehhh.

Arizona and I don’t think it’s close.

Never believed I'd find myself agreeing with MM on something, yet here we are.
Sad thing is after a Biden midterm both AZ and GA could revert to Dem-Rep delegations

Kelly is such a strong candidate and Arizona is trending so strongly that I think he can fend off any opponent.

Warnock, less so.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 12:53:59 AM »

It feels good that with such a divided Congress, Biden and Pelosi rather than some inexperienced newbies will be the ones in charge of corralling the votes. I don’t know much about Chuck Schumer, he hasn’t had a chance to shine yet but now does-he better not let us down.

Schumer lacks the ruthlessness to be a great minority leader, but he's an excellent retail politician and an experienced Congressional hand. He won't be McConnell, but that's a good thing in its own way. He'll be a good Senate Majority Leader.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies